- The report contains detailed information about Champion Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Champion Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Champion Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Champion Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Champion Industries Inc. business.
About Champion Industries Inc.
Champion Industries, Inc. engages in commercial printing, business forms manufacturing, and office products and furniture supply in the United States.
The companys equipment enables it to provide computerized composition, art design, paste-up, stripping, film assembly and color scanner separations. It also offers bindery and letterpress services.
The company provides a range of office products and office furniture primarily in the budget and middle price ranges, and also offers office design services. It publishes a catalog of frequently ordered items purchased directly from manufacturers. In addition, the company offers a line of general office products through wholesalers' national catalogs. The company has implemented Internet e-commerce sites, which allow customers to order office products, furniture and forms online. The e-commerce sites include the office products and office furniture catalog, which is customized specifically for each customer requesting Internet e-commerce access. In addition, the company offers customized on-line forms management solutions through various sites.
The companys three lines of business are comprised of 19 operating divisions.
Eight commercial printing divisions are located in Huntington, Charleston and Parkersburg, West Virginia; Lexington, Kentucky; Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Cincinnati, Ohio; Kingsport, Tennessee, and Asheville, North Carolina. Each has a sales force, a customer service operation and a pre-press department that serve the customers in their respective geographic areas.
Interform Corporation, doing business as Interform Solutions and located in Bridgeville, Pennsylvania, manufactures business forms and related products, which it sells through a network of independent distributors concentrated in Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey and metropolitan New York.
Consolidated Graphic Communications division in Bridgeville, Pennsylvania operates as a printing and printing services distributor. The division offers print management, fulfillment services and B2B e-commerce solutions.
Carolina Cut Sheets, Inc., located in Huntington, West Virginia, manufactures single sheet business forms which are sold to other commercial printers and dealers and through the company's other divisions.
The Huntington, West Virginia division of Chapman Printing Company manufactures single sheet and multi-part, snap-out and continuous business forms for sale through the company's commercial printing divisions.
U.S. Tag, located in Huntington, West Virginia, manufactures and sells tags used in the manufacturing, shipping, postal, airline and cruise industries throughout the United States through dealers and the company's other divisions.
Chapman Printing in Charleston, West Virginia operates as a printing, printing services distributor and office products and office furniture distributor. Chapman Printing Charleston offers print management, fulfillment, mail, digital print, office furniture, print and office products, and B2B e-commerce solutions. The Syscan operation was consolidated into the Chapman Printing Charleston division in 2005. This division also operates a facility in Morgantown, West Virginia providing printing, office products and office furniture, distribution and integration services. In 2007, the Chapman Printing Charleston division spun off its print on demand and mail operations into a new division located in Charleston, West Virginia operating under the name Champion Output Solutions. Champion Output Solutions is a transactional printing and mail center providing statement rendering, check and explanation of benefits variable print, medical billing, and postal optimization.
River Cities Printing is a commercial printer with sales consisting of primarily stick-on labels and other commercial printing.
Office Products, Office Furniture and Office Design
Stationers, located in Huntington, Clarksburg (doing business as Champion Clarksburg), Morgantown (through its Chapman Printing Morgantown division) and Parkersburg, West Virginia (doing business as Chapman Printing), provides office products and office furni
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHAMPION INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHAMPION INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHAMPION INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHAMPION INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHAMPION INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Champion Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Champion Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Champion Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Champion Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Champion Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHAMPION INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHAMPION INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHAMPION INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHAMPION INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHAMPION INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHAMPION INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Champion Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Champion Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Champion Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
Champion Industries Inc. History
Champion Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Champion Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
Champion Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Champion Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Champion Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Champion Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Champion Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Champion Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Champion Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Champion Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Champion Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Champion Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Champion Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Champion Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?