- The report contains detailed information about Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. business.
About Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc.
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. provides technology-based systems, solutions, and services for national security agencies and programs of the U.S. government. The companys services and solutions are integral parts of programs run by the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, Department of Homeland Security, federal law enforcement agencies, and other parts of the federal government charged with national security responsibilities. The programs that the company supports are generally funded as part of the budgets and spending levels of the U.S. government agencies entrusted with carrying out the U.S. governments defense, intelligence, and homeland security missions.
The companys primary areas include counter-terrorism intelligence and analysis; data analysis and intelligence fusion tools; force mobility, modernization, and survivability solutions; maritime domain awareness and navigation systems; systems and software engineering; network and communications management; and decision support systems for command and control.
The company conducts its business through two segments: Technology and Intelligence Services, or TIS, and Force Mobility and Modernization Systems, or FMMS.
TIS segment provides a range of technology-based services and solutions, including counter-terrorism and intelligence solutions and command, control and decision support solutions, to customers in the Department of Defense, the Intelligence Community, and other U.S. agencies. The companys TIS segment comprises the operations of TAC and its Global Mission Systems, or GMS, division.
FMMS segment provides customers, primarily in the Department of Defense, with solutions that entail the design, engineering and integration of highly mobile mission support systems. The companys FMMS segment comprises the operations of its Global Defense Engineering, or GDE, division.
Capabilities and Customer Solutions
The company designs, develops, documents, tests, integrates, and implements custom software modules and solutions focused on Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, or C41SR, C4ISR and Intelligence Community applications. These services range from firmware development for weapons systems to Web-based portal development for network operations centers. The company also develops applications that provide sensor control and fusion, data integration and correlation, communications management, cross-domain solutions, knowledge management, automated navigation systems, and decision support systems.
The company provides services to design, develop, and implement custom mission systems for communications, decision support and sensor integration. In this capacity, the company provides systems, solutions, and services for dynamic network and bandwidth management, joint law enforcement, and Department of Defense tactical data links, network topology design, integration of legacy systems and interfaces, integration of disparate sensors, geospatial systems, and data fusion for decision support.
Mission Systems IT & Architectures
The company designs, develops, and runs information technology systems and architectures.
The company investigates and develops new technologies that can be used to improve or create new systems and solutions for use by military and national security customers. The company performs customer-funded research and development efforts at government research laboratories in the fields of electronics, acoustics, electronic warfare, radar, optics, chemistry, plasma physics, materials, space sciences, and other disciplines. The companys personnel also integrate sensors, components, and devices on aircraft and into aircraft reconnaissance pods.
Engineering Design, Prototyping and Integration
The company designs, assembles, and deploys various solutions for the U.S. military services to support force mobility and modernization requirements and to move the U.S. military to an expeditionary footing.
Counter-Terrorism, Intelligence, and Command, Contr
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GLOBAL DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY & SYSTEMS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GLOBAL DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY & SYSTEMS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GLOBAL DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY & SYSTEMS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GLOBAL DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY & SYSTEMS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GLOBAL DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY & SYSTEMS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GLOBAL DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY & SYSTEMS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GLOBAL DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY & SYSTEMS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GLOBAL DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY & SYSTEMS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GLOBAL DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY & SYSTEMS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GLOBAL DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY & SYSTEMS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GLOBAL DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY & SYSTEMS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. Major Shareholders
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. History
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. Offices and Representations
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?