- The report contains detailed information about GKN plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for GKN plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The GKN plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes GKN plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of GKN plc business.
About GKN plc
GKN plc operates as an engineering business serving the automotive, industrial, off-highway, and aerospace markets primarily in North America, South America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. The company offers its products to vehicle and aircraft manufacturers, as well as in aerospace industry.
The company operates in four business areas: Automotive, Powder Metallurgy, OffHighway, and Aerospace.
GKN Driveline develops, manufactures and supplies a range of automotive driveline components for light vehicles, including driveshafts, geared components and torque management devices. The European industrial and distribution services business (IDS) provides a range of components to the passenger vehicle aftermarket, and repairs and replaces heavy duty propshafts. The business, including joint ventures, operates from approximately 40 locations in approximately 30 countries. Other Automotive companies manufacture structural components, engine cylinder liners and substrates for catalytic converters for light vehicle and truck applications through subsidiaries and joint ventures in the United Kingdom, Germany, the United States, China and India.
Major Markets: GKN Driveline engages in the production of constant velocity jointed (CVJ) components for light vehicle drivelines. It produces approximately 113 million CVJs annually. Its customers include major motor manufacturing groups. IDS has a range of aftermarket customers and other Automotive sells mainly to European and the United States vehicle manufacturers and engine makers.
GKN Driveline engages in the production of constant velocity jointed (CVJ) products for use in light vehicles. The majority of CVJs are used in sideshafts for front wheel drive, rear wheel drive and four wheel drive vehicles. GKN Driveline operates as a thesuppliers of premium propshafts (propshafts with joints, materials or other features).
GKN Sinter Metals uses powdered metals to manufacture precision automotive components for engines, transmissions, and body and chassis applications. It also produces a range of components for industrial and consumer applications, including power tools, bearings, white goods and garden equipment. The business operates from 29 locations in Western Europe, North and South America, India, China and South Africa. Hoeganaes produces metal powders, largely steel based, used in the manufacture of sintered components. Manufacturing takes place in Europe and in North America.
Major Markets: GKN Sinter Metals manufacture of sintered components. It offers products to automotive customers, with approximately 29 percent either directly or indirectly to the North American operations of Chrysler, Ford and General Motors, and the balance to a range of other industrial customers. Hoeganaes produces principally ferrous based metal powder, the raw material for ferrous based sintered components.
GKN OffHighway designs, manufactures and distributes a range of products and systems for the agricultural, construction and mining, and industrial machinery markets. The business supplies, on a global basis, a portfolio of products for off-highway vehicles, including agricultural and torsion axles, wheels, power take-off shafts, gearboxes and tractor attachment systems. A service and distribution business supplies GKNs and other manufacturers products to aftermarket wholesalers and distributors, principally within Europe. The business operates from 24 locations in 13 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Major Markets: The major markets in which GKN OffHighway operates are global agricultural, construction and mining equipment, and industrial equipment. GKN OffHighway supplies off-highway wheels, agricultural power take-off shafts, and high speed shafts for construction equipment.
Customers: The company operates as a supplier to the manufacturers of agricultural and construction and mining equipment. It also sells to customers including John Deere, Caterpillar, Case New Holland, CLAAS and AGCO.
GKN Aerospace is a supplier of airframe and engine structures, components, assemblies and engineering services to aircraft prime contractors. It offers design and manufacturing capabilities in aerostructures (fuselage, wing and flight control surface assemblies and components), propulsion systems (engine and nacelle components and assemblies), and special products (including transparencies and protection systems). The business operates through 28manufacturing facilities, mainly in North America and Europe, assisted by a network of design and support facilities.
Customers: GKN Aerospace serves various major airframe and engine manufacturers, with particular emphasis on composite technologies, lightweight highly stressed metallic components and integrated systems and aftermarket services. The company offers its products to the defence market and civil market. Its major customers include Boeing, Airbus and United Technologies Corporation.
In January 2009, the company acquired the wing component and sub-assembly operation of Airbus UK, which is located on the Airbus Filton site in the United Kingdom.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GKN PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GKN PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GKN PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GKN PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GKN PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. GKN plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of GKN plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of GKN plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. GKN plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. GKN plc Industry Position Analysis
6. GKN PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GKN PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GKN PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GKN PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GKN PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GKN PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
GKN plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
GKN plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
GKN plc Major Shareholders
GKN plc History
GKN plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
GKN plc Offices and Representations
GKN plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
GKN plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
GKN plc Capital Market Snapshot
GKN plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
GKN plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
GKN plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
GKN plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
GKN plc 1-year Stock Charts
GKN plc 5-year Stock Charts
GKN plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
GKN plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
GKN plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?