- The report contains detailed information about Dana Holding Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dana Holding Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dana Holding Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dana Holding Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dana Holding Corporation business.
About Dana Holding Corporation
Dana Holding Corporation engages in the design, manufacture, and supply of axle, driveshaft, structural, sealing, and thermal management products for vehicle manufacturers worldwide. The company has operations in North America; Europe; South America; and the Asia Pacific.
The company operates in six segments: Light Vehicle Driveline (LVD); Sealing Products; Thermal Products; Structural Products; Commercial Vehicle; and Off-Highway.
Light Vehicle Driveline: The Light Vehicle Driveline segment offers front and rear axles, driveshafts, differentials, torque couplings, and modular assemblies.
Sealing Products: The Sealing Products segment offers gaskets, cover modules, heat shields, and engine sealing systems.
Thermal Products: The Thermal Products segment offers cooling and heat transfer products.
Structural Products: The Structural Products segment offers frames, cradles, and side rails.
Commercial Vehicle: The Commercial Vehicle segment offers axles, driveshafts, steering shafts, suspensions, and tire management systems.
Off-Highway: The Off-Highway segment offers axles, transaxles, driveshafts and end-fittings, transmissions, torque converters, and electronic controls.
The company serves three primary markets: light vehicle market; medium/heavy market; and off-highway market.
Light vehicle market: In the light vehicle market, the company designs, manufactures, and sells light axles, driveshafts, structural products, sealing products, thermal products, and related service parts for light trucks, sport utility vehicles (SUVs), crossover utility vehicles, vans, and passenger cars.
Medium/heavy market: In the medium/heavy vehicle market, the company designs, manufactures, and sells axles, driveshafts, chassis and side rails, ride controls and related modules and systems, engine sealing products, thermal products and related service parts for medium- and heavy-duty trucks, buses, and other commercial vehicles.
Off-Highway market: In the off-highway market, the company designs, manufactures, and sells axles, transaxles, driveshafts, suspension components, transmissions, electronic controls, related modules and systems, sealing products, thermal products, and related service parts for construction machinery and leisure/utility vehicles and outdoor power, agricultural, mining, forestry and material handling equipment, and various non-vehicular, industrial applications.
The company's customers include original equipment manufacturers (OEM); machinery and equipment manufacturers; and medium- and heavy-duty vehicle OEM customers. Its major customers include Ford Motor Company; Toyota Motor Corporation; Nissan Motor Company; General Motors Corp.; Hyundai Motor Company; PACCAR Inc.; Navistar International Corporation; Daimler AG; Oshkosh Corporation; Deere & Company; AGCO Corporation; Fiat Group; and Sandvik Ab.
Light vehicle market The companys principal LVD competitors include ZF Friedrichshafen AG (ZF Group); GKN plc; American Axle & Manufacturing (American Axle); Toyota; Magna International Inc. (Magna); Wanxiang Group Corporation (Wanxiang); Unisia Steering Systems (Unisia); IFA Group (acquired Rotarian GmbH); GETRAG; and the captive operations of various truck and auto manufacturers, such as Chrysler and Ford.
The companys principal structures competitors include Magna, Maxion Sistemas Automotivos Ltda., Metalsa, Tower Automotive Inc., and Martinrea International Inc. Its principal sealing competitors include ElringKlinger Ag, Federal-Mogul Corporation, and Freudenberg NOK Group. Its thermal competitors include Behr GmbH & Co. KG; Modine Manufacturing Company; Valeo Group; and Denso Corporation.
Medium/heavy vehicle market: The companys principal commercial vehicle competitors include ArvinMeritor; American Axle; Hendrickson (a subsidiary of the Boler Group); and Klein Products Inc.
Off-highway market: The companys major competitors in the off-highway segment include Carraro Group; ZF Group; GKN; and Kessler + Co.
Dana Holding Corporation was founded in 1904.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DANA HOLDING CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DANA HOLDING CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DANA HOLDING CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DANA HOLDING CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DANA HOLDING CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dana Holding Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dana Holding Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dana Holding Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dana Holding Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dana Holding Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. DANA HOLDING CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DANA HOLDING CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DANA HOLDING CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DANA HOLDING CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DANA HOLDING CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DANA HOLDING CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dana Holding Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dana Holding Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dana Holding Corporation Major Shareholders
Dana Holding Corporation History
Dana Holding Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dana Holding Corporation Offices and Representations
Dana Holding Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dana Holding Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dana Holding Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Dana Holding Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
Dana Holding Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dana Holding Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dana Holding Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dana Holding Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Dana Holding Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Dana Holding Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dana Holding Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dana Holding Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?