- The report contains detailed information about GeoEye, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for GeoEye, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The GeoEye, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes GeoEye, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of GeoEye, Inc. business.
About GeoEye, Inc.
GeoEye, Inc. provides earth imagery, image processing services, and imagery information products to U.S. and foreign government defense and intelligence organizations, domestic federal and foreign civil agencies, and commercial customers.
The company owns and operates three Earth-imaging satellites, GeoEye-1, IKONOS, and Orbview-2; and three fixed-wing aircraft with high-resolution imagery collection capabilities.
The company operates four high-resolution image processing and production facilities which can process, manage, analyze, and share imagery from any commercial or government satellite. The company owns commercial color digital satellite imagery libraries, which contains approximately 405 million square kilometers of color imagery of the Earth.
Products and Services
The company offers a range of imagery products and services, including the collection of satellite and aerial imagery, imagery processing, and production services and information services.
The company offers a range of satellite imagery products, which provide customers with visual imagery, data and information, which are divided into three general categories:
Geo: Geo product is a map-oriented image suitable for a range of customer uses. Geo images are suitable for customer visualization and monitoring applications and are delivered to customers in a data and information format capable of being processed into other advanced imagery products using standard commercially available software.
GeoProfessional: GeoProfessional products consist of imagery that has been aligned and geographically corrected by staff of production personnel to provide the imagery available from a commercial satellite provider. These GeoProfessional products are suitable for feature extraction, change detection, base mapping and other similar geo-location applications.
GeoStereo: GeoStereo product provides approximately two images of the same location at different angles to provide customers with a three-dimensional image of a given location. GeoStereo provides the base images that are used for three-dimensional feature recognition and extraction. These GeoStereo products support a range of imagery applications such as digital elevation model creation, building height extraction, spatial layers, and three- dimensional feature extraction.
Aerial imagery products are designed to support specific customer requests for high-resolution images. The company offers two main types of aerial imagery collected by a fleet of three imaging aircraft: digital aerial imaging; and light detection and ranging (LiDAR) imaging (an optical remote sensing technology using laser pulses to determine distances to an object or surface).
Images generated by production service operations are purchased by both U.S. Government agencies and commercial customers. Production services range from the generation of precision imagery products to the extraction of site-specific features for customers database development.
Production services include LiDAR elevation data, maps, topographic maps, digital orthophoto imagery, remote sensing services, survey and inventory services and Geospatial Information Service (GIS) consulting and implementation. The company also offers geospatial products and services to help develop and manage geospatial data to support customer documentation needs, inventory of resources, and engineering and development applications.
The company also provides imagery information services, which combine imagery with real-time, third-party data to create a customized information product for customers. SeaStar marine information service, which is offered on a subscription basis, provides the commercial fishing industry with mapping information, which includes such data as sea surface temperatures and ocean currents as well as analysis of this information, to assist fishermen in locating fish.
The company is in the process of developing information services business to give customers on-demand access to imagery and related information products over the Web. This new Web services platform, which is called EyeQ, would provide the infrastructure for this new service and new geospatial information services business.
The companys products and services are sold and provided to U.S. Government agencies, including the national security community, foreign governments, and North American and international commercial customers.
U.S. Government: Products and services are provided to various U.S. Government, defense, intelligence and law enforcement agencies and civil agency customers. Under the NextView Program, the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) acquires imagery and imagery derived products on behalf of its clients in the U.S. defense, intelligence and law enforcement agencies. Other U.S. Government agencies that purchase satellite imagery include the U.S. Department of Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, National Park Service, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Commercial and Other: The company sells imagery and products to North American resellers. North American commercial relationship includes multi-year agreement with Google, Inc. to provide satellite imagery for its online consumer and commercial applications (Google Earth and Google Maps).
The companys major competitor for high-resolution satellite imagery is DigitalGlobe, Inc. (DigitalGlobe). International competitors for high-resolution satellite imagery and imagery products include the National Remote Sensing Agency, Department of Space (Government of India), RADARSAT International (Canada), ImageSat International N.V. (Israel), SPOT Image SA (France), Taiwan and Korea.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GEOEYE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GEOEYE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GEOEYE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GEOEYE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GEOEYE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. GeoEye, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of GeoEye, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of GeoEye, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. GeoEye, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. GeoEye, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GEOEYE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GEOEYE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GEOEYE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GEOEYE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GEOEYE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GEOEYE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
GeoEye, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
GeoEye, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
GeoEye, Inc. Major Shareholders
GeoEye, Inc. History
GeoEye, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
GeoEye, Inc. Offices and Representations
GeoEye, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
GeoEye, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
GeoEye, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
GeoEye, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
GeoEye, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
GeoEye, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
GeoEye, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
GeoEye, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
GeoEye, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
GeoEye, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
GeoEye, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
GeoEye, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?