- The report contains detailed information about GenCorp Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for GenCorp Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The GenCorp Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes GenCorp Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of GenCorp Inc. business.
About GenCorp Inc.
GenCorp Inc. manufactures aerospace and defense systems. The company also engages in the real estate business.
The company operates in two segments, Aerospace and Defense; and Real Estate.
AEROSPACE AND DEFENSE
The Aerospace and Defense segment includes the operations of Aerojet-General Corporation (Aerojet), which develops and manufactures propulsion systems for defense and space applications, and armament systems for precision tactical weapon systems and munitions applications. It provides propulsion systems in the United States.
Aerojet focuses on developing military, civil, and commercial systems and components that address the needs of the aerospace and defense industry markets.
Defense systems: The companys defense system products include liquid, solid, and air-breathing propulsion systems and components. In addition, Aerojet supplies composite and metallic aerospace structural components, fire suppression systems, armament systems for precision tactical weapon systems and munitions applications. Product applications for its defense systems include strategic, tactical and precision strike missiles, missile defense systems, maneuvering propulsion systems, precision war-fighting systems, and specialty metal products.
Space systems: The companys space systems products include liquid, solid, and electric propulsion systems and components. Product applications for space systems include expendable and reusable launch vehicles, transatmospheric vehicles and spacecraft, separation and maneuvering systems, upper stage engines, satellites, large solid boosters, and integrated propulsion subsystems.
The company's principal customers include prime contractors to the U.S. government, the Department of Defense, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Raytheon Company, Lockheed Martin Corporation, United Launch Alliance, The Boeing Company, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, and the Missile Defense Agency.
The companys competitors include Alliant Techsystems; American Pacific Corporation; Astrium; Northrop Grumman Space Technology; Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne; and SpaceX.
The Real Estate segment includes activities related to the entitlement, sale, and leasing of its excess real estate assets. The company owns approximately 12,200 acres of land adjacent to U.S. Highway 50 between Rancho Cordova and Folsom, California, east of Sacramento (Sacramento Land). Approximately 6,000 acres have been deemed excess, and is the land it is in the process of entitling for new development opportunities under the brand name Easton. Within Easton, the company has approximately 1,450 acres entitled, and is seeking entitlements on an additional 4,600 acres. Easton is located 15 miles east of downtown Sacramento, California along U.S. Highway 50. The company also own approximately 580 acres in Chino Hills, California.
On September 14, 2010, Holstein Association Of Canada, The and the Semex Alliance, Inc. along with its four partners CIAQ, Eastern Breeders Inc., GenCorp Inc. and Westgen have united to provide genomic testing services for dairy producers. The program, called GenoTest, provides an option for Canadian producers to take advantage of this technology. GenoTest provides genomic testing of females using the 50K panel or the newly available 3K panel.
GenCorp Inc. was founded in 1915.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GENCORP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GENCORP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GENCORP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GENCORP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GENCORP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. GenCorp Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of GenCorp Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of GenCorp Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. GenCorp Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. GenCorp Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GENCORP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GENCORP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GENCORP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GENCORP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GENCORP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GENCORP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
GenCorp Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
GenCorp Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
GenCorp Inc. Major Shareholders
GenCorp Inc. History
GenCorp Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
GenCorp Inc. Offices and Representations
GenCorp Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
GenCorp Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
GenCorp Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
GenCorp Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
GenCorp Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
GenCorp Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
GenCorp Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
GenCorp Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
GenCorp Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
GenCorp Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
GenCorp Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
GenCorp Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?