- The report contains detailed information about Ford Motor Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ford Motor Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ford Motor Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ford Motor Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ford Motor Co. business.
About Ford Motor Co.
Ford Motor Company engages in the production and sale of cars and trucks worldwide. The company also finances vehicles.
The company operates its business in two sectors, Automotive and Financial Services.
As of December 31, 2009, the company's vehicle brands included Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, and Volvo. The company's cars, trucks, and parts are marketed through retail dealers in North America and through distributors and dealers outside of North America. In addition to the products the company sells to its dealerships for retail sale, the company also sells cars and trucks to its dealerships for sale to fleet customers, including daily rental car companies, commercial fleet customers, leasing companies, and governments.
Through its dealer network and other channels, the company provides retail customers with a range of after-sale vehicle services and products, including maintenance and light repair, heavy repair, collision, vehicle accessories, and extended service warranty. In North America, the company markets these products and services under various brands, including Genuine Ford and Lincoln-Mercury Parts and Service, Ford Custom Accessories, Ford Extended Service Plan, and Motorcraft.
Ford North America: Ford North America primarily includes the sale of Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury brand vehicles and related service parts in North America (the United States, Canada, and Mexico).
Ford South America: Ford South America primarily includes the sale of Ford-brand vehicles and related service parts in South America.
Ford Europe: Ford Europe primarily includes the sale of Ford-brand vehicles and related service parts in Europe, Turkey, and Russia.
Ford Asia Pacific Africa: Ford Asia Pacific Africa primarily includes the sale of Ford-brand vehicles and related service parts in the Asia Pacific region and South Africa.
Volvo: Volvo primarily includes the sale of Volvo-brand vehicles and related service parts throughout the world (including Europe, North and South America, and the Asia Pacific Africa).
FINANCIAL SERVICES SECTOR
The Financial Services sector includes Ford Credit and Other Financial Services. Ford Credit provides vehicle-related financing, leasing, and insurance. Other Financial Services includes various businesses, including holding companies, real estate, and the financing and leasing of some Volvo vehicles in Europe.
Ford Motor Credit Company LLC
Ford Motor Credit Company LLC (Ford Credit) offers various automotive financing products to and through automotive dealers throughout the world. The predominant share of Ford Credits business consists of financing its vehicles and supporting its dealers. Ford Credits primary financing products fall into the following three categories:
Retail financing: Retail financing includes purchasing retail installment sale contracts and retail lease contracts from dealers, and offering financing to commercial customers primarily vehicle leasing companies and fleet purchasers to purchase or lease vehicle fleets.
Wholesale financing: Wholesale financing includes making loans to dealers to finance the purchase of vehicle inventory, also known as floorplan financing.
Other financing: Other financing includes making loans to dealers for working capital, improvements to dealership facilities, and to purchase or finance dealership real estate.
Ford Credit also services the finance receivables and leases that it originates and purchases, makes loans to its affiliates, purchases certain receivables from the company and its subsidiaries, and provides insurance services related to its financing programs.
Ford Credit does business in the United States and Canada through regional business centers. Outside of the United States, FCE Bank plc (FCE) is Ford Credits primary operation. FCE's primary business is to support the sale of its vehicles in Europe through its dealer network. FCE offers retail, leasing, and wholesale finance plans in most countries in which it operates. FCE does business in the United Kingdom, Germany, and most other European countries. Ford Credit, through its subsidiaries, also operate
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FORD MOTOR CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FORD MOTOR CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FORD MOTOR CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FORD MOTOR CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FORD MOTOR CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ford Motor Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ford Motor Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ford Motor Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ford Motor Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Automobiles Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ford Motor Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. FORD MOTOR CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FORD MOTOR CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FORD MOTOR CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FORD MOTOR CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FORD MOTOR CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FORD MOTOR CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ford Motor Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ford Motor Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ford Motor Co. Major Shareholders
Ford Motor Co. History
Ford Motor Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ford Motor Co. Offices and Representations
Ford Motor Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ford Motor Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ford Motor Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Ford Motor Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Automobiles Industry Statistics
Ford Motor Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ford Motor Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ford Motor Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ford Motor Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Ford Motor Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Ford Motor Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ford Motor Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ford Motor Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?