- The report contains detailed information about Federal-Mogul Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Federal-Mogul Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Federal-Mogul Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Federal-Mogul Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Federal-Mogul Corp. business.
About Federal-Mogul Corp.
Federal-Mogul Corporation is a supplier of powertrain and safety technologies, serving the original equipment manufacturers of automotive, light commercial, heavy-duty, agricultural, marine, rail, and off-road and industrial vehicles, as well as the worldwide aftermarket. The company has operations in approximately 33 countries.
The companys segments include Powertrain Energy, Powertrain Sealing and Bearings, Vehicle Safety and Protection, and Global Aftermarket.
Federal-Mogul offers its customers an array of products for OEM and replacement parts (aftermarket) applications, including pistons, piston rings, piston pins, cylinder liners, valve seats and guides, ignition products, dynamic seals, bonded piston seals, combustion and exhaust gaskets, static gaskets and seals, rigid heat shields, engine bearings, industrial bearings, bushings and washers, transmission components, brake disc pads, brake linings, brake blocks, element resistant systems protection sleeving products, acoustic shielding, flexible heat shields, brake system components, chassis products, wipers, fuel pumps and lighting.
Powertrain Energy: Powertrain Energy products are used in automotive, light truck, heavy-duty, industrial, marine, agricultural, power generation and small air-cooled engine applications. The primary products of this segment include pistons, piston rings, piston pins, cylinder liners, valve seats and guides, and ignition products. These products are offered under the Federal-Mogul, AE, Champion, Goetze and Nüral brand names. These products are either sold as individual products or offered to automotive manufacturers as assembled modules. Powertrain Energy operates 38 manufacturing facilities in 15 countries, serving automotive, heavy-duty and industrial customers worldwide.
Powertrain Sealing and Bearings: The company is a sealing solutions and bearings provider. It offers a range of bearings, bushings, and thrust washers for engine, transmission and driveline systems to an array of customers. The company offers a portfolio of brand names, including Federal-Mogul, Deva, Fel-Pro, FP Diesel, Glyco, Metafram, Metagliss, National, Payen, Poral and Sintertech. It serves different industries, including automotive, truck, commercial equipment (construction, agricultural, power generation, marine and rail), industrial, recreation and consumer power equipment. Product offerings include dynamic seals, bonded piston seals, combustion and exhaust gaskets, static gaskets and seals, rigid heat shields, engine bearings, industrial bearings, bushings and washers, sintered engine and transmission components, and metallic filters. Powertrain Sealing and Bearings operates 31 manufacturing facilities in 12 countries.
Vehicle Safety and Protection: Federal-Mogul supplies friction, systems protection, chassis, wipers, fuel and lighting products. The company is a supplier of friction materials. These products are used in the automotive, motorcycle, heavy-duty, commercial/industrial, aerospace, railway and consumer products markets. The primary products of this segment include brake disc pads, brake linings, brake blocks, element resistant systems protection sleeving products, flexible heat shields, brake system components, chassis products, windshield wipers, fuel pumps and lighting products. Federal-Mogul offers a portfolio of brand names, including Federal-Mogul, Abex, Anco, Bentley-Harris, Beral, Champion, Ferodo, Moog, ThermoQuiet and Wagner.
Global Aftermarket: Global Aftermarket sells products manufactured within the companys segments and purchased from outside suppliers to the independent automotive, heavy-duty and commercial/industrial replacement markets. Federal-Mogul markets a portfolio of brands that are designed to solve a problem, facilitate installation and improve safety, durability and vehicle performance. This portfolio is organized into product categories that provide vehicle solutions. Global Aftermarket operates 21 distribution facilities in 14 countries, serving a base of distributors, retail parts stores and mass merchants around the world.
The Company's OE customers consist of automotive and heavy-duty vehicle manufacturers as well as agricultural, off-highway, marine, railroad, aerospace, high performance and industrial application manufacturers. Federal-Mogul's aftermarket customers include independent warehouse distributors who redistribute products to local parts suppliers, distributors of heavy-duty vehicular parts, engine rebuilders, retail parts stores and mass merchants.
Powertrain Energy: Primary competitors include Aisin, Art Metal, BinZou, Bleistahl, Dong Yang, GKN, Hitachi-Automotive, Kolbenschmidt, Mahle, NPR, Riken, STI and Sumitomo.
Powertrain Sealing and Bearings: Primary competitors include Daido, Dana/Reinz, Elring Klinger, Freudenberg, GKN, Kolbenschmidt, Mahle, Miba, NOK and Pall.
Vehicle Safety and Protection: Primary competitors include Affinia, Akebono, Bosch, Delfinger, Delphi, Galfer, General Electric, Honeywell, Nishimbo, Stanley, TMD, Trico and Valeo.
Global Aftermarket: Primary competitors include Affinia, Bosch, Contitech, Delphi, Denso, Honeywell, Mahle, TMD, Trico, TRW and Valeo.
Federal-Mogul Corporation was founded in 1899.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FEDERAL-MOGUL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FEDERAL-MOGUL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FEDERAL-MOGUL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FEDERAL-MOGUL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FEDERAL-MOGUL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Federal-Mogul Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Federal-Mogul Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Federal-Mogul Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Federal-Mogul Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Federal-Mogul Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. FEDERAL-MOGUL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FEDERAL-MOGUL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FEDERAL-MOGUL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FEDERAL-MOGUL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FEDERAL-MOGUL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FEDERAL-MOGUL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Federal-Mogul Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Federal-Mogul Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Federal-Mogul Corp. Major Shareholders
Federal-Mogul Corp. History
Federal-Mogul Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Federal-Mogul Corp. Offices and Representations
Federal-Mogul Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Federal-Mogul Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Federal-Mogul Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Federal-Mogul Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
Federal-Mogul Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Federal-Mogul Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Federal-Mogul Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Federal-Mogul Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Federal-Mogul Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Federal-Mogul Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Federal-Mogul Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Federal-Mogul Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?