- The report contains detailed information about Federal Signal Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Federal Signal Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Federal Signal Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Federal Signal Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Federal Signal Corp. business.
About Federal Signal Corp.
Federal Signal Corporation engages in the design and manufacture of a suite of products and integrated solutions for municipal, governmental, industrial, and commercial customers. The companys portfolio of products includes safety and security systems, vacuum loader vehicles, street sweepers, truck mounted aerial platforms and waterblasters.
Products and Services
Products manufactured and services rendered by the company are divided into three segments, including Safety and Security Systems, Fire Rescue, and Environmental Solutions.
Safety and Security Systems Group
Federal Signal Corporations Safety and Security Systems Group designs, manufactures and deploys comprehensive safety and security systems and products that help law enforcement, fire/rescue and Emergency Medical Services (EMS), emergency operations and industrial plant/facility first responders protect people, property and the environment.
Offerings include systems for automated license plate recognition, campus and community alerting, emergency vehicles, first responder interoperable communications, industrial communications and command, municipal networked security and parking revenue and access control for municipal, governmental and industrial applications. Specific products include access control devices, lightbars and sirens, public warning sirens, public safety software and automated license plate recognition cameras. Products are sold under the Federal Signal, Federal Signal VAMA, Federal APD, PIPS, Idris, Target Tech, and Victor brand names.
In 2009, the company acquired Diamond Consulting Services Ltd. (DCS) which focuses on in vehicle classification systems for tolling and other Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
Fire Rescue Group
The Fire Rescue Group engages in designing and manufacturing of vehicle-mounted, aerial platforms for fire fighting, rescue, electric utility and industrial uses. Its end customers include fire departments, industrial fire services, electric utilities, maintenance rental companies for applications such as fire fighting and rescue, transmission line maintenance, and installation and maintenance of wind turbines. The company sells parts, service and training as part of a offering to its customer base. It manufactures in Finland and sells globally under the Bronto Skylift brand name.
Environmental Solutions Group
The Environmental Solutions Group manufactures and markets worldwide a range of street cleaning and vacuum loader vehicles and water blasting equipment. Products are also manufactured for the newer markets of hydro-excavation, glycol recovery and surface cleaning. Products are sold under the Elgin, Vactor, Guzzler and Jetstream brand names. The company primarily manufactures its vehicles and equipment in the United States.
Under the Elgin brand name, the company sells the U.S. brand of street sweepers primarily designed for large-scale cleaning of curbed streets, parking lots and other paved surfaces utilizing mechanical sweeping, vacuum and recirculating air technology for cleaning. Vactor is a manufacturer of municipal combination catch basin/sewer cleaning vacuum trucks. Guzzler operates in industrial vacuum loaders that up industrial waste or recover and recycle raw materials. Jetstream manufactures high pressure water blast equipment and accessories for commercial and industrial cleaning and maintenance operations. In addition to equipment sales, the company engages in the sale of parts and tooling, service and repair, equipment rentals, and training.
In March 2010, Federal Signal Corp. announced that it would form Federal Signal Technologies Group, a division to be focused on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) solutions. FSTech would be comprised of Diamond Consulting, Sirit and VESystems as well as the company's PIPS Technology and Federal Automated Parking Division (FAPD) units.
Federal Signal Corporation was founded in 1901.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Federal Signal Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Federal Signal Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Federal Signal Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Federal Signal Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Federal Signal Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FEDERAL SIGNAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Federal Signal Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Federal Signal Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Federal Signal Corp. Major Shareholders
Federal Signal Corp. History
Federal Signal Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Federal Signal Corp. Offices and Representations
Federal Signal Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Federal Signal Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Federal Signal Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Federal Signal Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Federal Signal Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Federal Signal Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Federal Signal Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Federal Signal Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Federal Signal Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Federal Signal Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Federal Signal Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Federal Signal Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?