- The report contains detailed information about Expeditors International of Washington Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Expeditors International of Washington Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Expeditors International of Washington Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Expeditors International of Washington Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Expeditors International of Washington Inc. business.
About Expeditors International of Washington Inc.
Expeditors International of Washington, Inc. provides global logistics services. The company offers its customers an international network supporting the movement and strategic positioning of goods. Its services include the consolidation or forwarding of air and ocean freight. The company also provides additional services, including distribution management, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, purchase order management, and customized logistics information.
The company, when performing airfreight services, acts either as a freight consolidator or as an agent for the airline which carries the shipment. When acting as a freight consolidator, the company purchases cargo space from airlines on a volume basis and resells that space to its customers at lower rates than the customers could obtain directly from airlines. When moving shipments between points where the volume of business does not facilitate consolidation, the company receives and forwards individual shipments as the agent of the airline which carries the shipment. Whether acting as an agent or consolidator, the company offers its customers knowledge of optimum routing, familiarity with local business practices, knowledge of export and import documentation and procedures, the ability to arrange for ancillary services, and assistance with space availability in periods of peak demand.
In its airfreight forwarding operations, the company procures shipments from its customers, determines the routing, consolidates shipments bound for a particular airport distribution point, and selects the airline for transportation to the distribution point. At the distribution point, the company or its agent arranges for the consolidated lot to be broken down into its component shipments and for the transportation of the individual shipments to their final destinations.
The companys ancillary services include preparation of shipping and customs documentation, packing, crating and insurance services, negotiation of letters of credit, and preparation of documentation to comply with local export laws. It also performs breakbulk services, which involve receiving and breaking down consolidated airfreight lots and arranging for distribution of the individual shipments.
Ocean Freight and Ocean Services
The company operates Expeditors International Ocean (EIO), an Ocean Transportation Intermediary, also referred to as a Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC) specializing in ocean freight consolidation from Asia to the United States. EIO also provides service, on a smaller scale, to and from any location where the company has an office or agent. As an NVOCC, EIO contracts with ocean shipping lines to obtain transportation for a fixed number of containers between various points during a specified time period at an agreed rate. EIO solicits less-than container load (LCL) freight to fill the containers. EIO also handles full container loads for customers that do not have annual shipping volumes required to negotiate comparable contracts directly with the ocean carriers. Order Management provides origin consolidation, vendor management, container management, document management, destination management, and PO/SKU visibility through a Web based and server based application. Customers have the ability to monitor and report against real time status of purchase orders from the date of creation through final delivery. Order Management is available for various modes of transportation, including ocean, air, truck, and rail.
Customs Brokerage and Other Services
The company, as a customs broker, assists importers to clear shipments through customs by preparing required documentation, calculating, and providing for payment of duties on behalf of the importer, arranging for any required inspections by governmental agencies, and arranging for delivery. It also provides other value added services at destination, such as warehousing and product distribution, time definite transportation, and inventory management. The company provides customs clearance services in connection with the shipments it handles as a freight forwarder.
The company also provides custom clearances for goods moving by rail and truck between the United States, Canada, and/or Mexico. Its wholly owned subsidiary, Expeditors Tradewin, L.L.C., responds to customer driven requests for customs consulting services.
The companys customers include retailers and distributors of consumer electronics, department store chains, clothing and shoe wholesalers, manufacturers, and catalogue stores.
Expeditors International of Washington, Inc. was founded in 1979.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Expeditors International of Washington Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Expeditors International of Washington Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Expeditors International of Washington Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Expeditors International of Washington Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Air Freight Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Expeditors International of Washington Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. Major Shareholders
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. History
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. Offices and Representations
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Air Freight Industry Statistics
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Expeditors International of Washington Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?