- The report contains detailed information about CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CH Robinson Worldwide Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. business.
About CH Robinson Worldwide Inc.
C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. operates as a third party logistics company. The company operates through a network of 235 offices, which the company calls branches, in North America, Europe, Asia, South America, Australia, and the Middle East. The company has developed global multimodal transportation and distribution networks to provide logistics services worldwide.
Through its contractual relationships with approximately 47,000 transportation companies, including motor carriers, railroads (primarily intermodal service providers), air freight and ocean carriers, the company select and hire the appropriate transportation to meet its customers freight needs. As an integral part of its transportation services, the company provides a range of value-added logistics services, such as supply chain analysis, freight consolidation, core carrier program management, and information reporting. In addition to multimodal transportation services, the company has two other services: fresh produce sourcing and fee-based information services.
The companys Sourcing business is the buying, selling, and marketing of fresh produce. The company purchases fresh produce through its network of independent produce suppliers. The companys customers include regional and national grocery retailers and restaurants, produce wholesalers, and foodservice distributors. In many cases, the company also arranges the transport of the fresh produce it sells through its contractual relationships with owners of specialized transportation equipment. The company has developed its own brands of produce, including The Fresh 1 and OurWorld Organics, and the company also has entered into licensing agreements to distribute produce under other national brand names.
Multimodal Transportation and Logistics Services
The company provides freight transportation and related logistics and supply-chain services. The companys services range from commitments on a specific shipment to integrated relationships. The company provides all of the following transportation and logistics services:
Truckload: Through its contracts with motor carriers, the company has access to dry vans, temperature controlled vans, and flatbeds. The company also offers time-definite and expedited truck transportation.
Less Than Truckload (LTL): LTL transportation involves the shipment of small packages and single or multiple pallets of freight, up to and including full trailer load freight. Through its contracts with motor carriers and its operating system, the company consolidates freight and freight information to provide its customers with a single source of information on their freight.
Intermodal: The companys intermodal transportation service is the shipment of freight in trailers or containers, by a combination of truck and rail. The company has intermodal marketing agreements with container owners, stacktrain operators, and all Class 1 railroads in North America, and the company arranges local pickup and delivery (known as drayage) through local contracted motor carriers.
Ocean: The company consolidates shipments, determines routing, selects ocean carriers, contracts for ocean shipments, provides for local pickup and delivery of shipments, and arranges for customs clearance of shipments, including the payment of duties.
Air: The company provides door-to-door service as a full-service international and domestic air freight forwarder.
Other Logistics Services: The company provides fee-based transportation management services, customs brokerage, warehousing services, and other services.
The company is in contact with the contract carrier through various means of communication (including EDI, its proprietary Web site CHRWTrucks (www.chrwtrucks.com), email, fax, and telephone) to meet its customers requirements as well as track the status of the shipment from origin to delivery.
The companys multimodal transportation services are provided to various international customers through its worldwide branch network.
Information Services comprises a C.H. Robinson subsidiary, T-Chek Systems, Inc., (T-Chek). T-Chek is a business-to-business pro
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CH ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CH ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CH ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CH ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CH ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Air Freight Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CH ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CH ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CH ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CH ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CH ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CH ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. Major Shareholders
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. History
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. Offices and Representations
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Air Freight Industry Statistics
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?