- The report contains detailed information about Alliant Techsystems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Alliant Techsystems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Alliant Techsystems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Alliant Techsystems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Alliant Techsystems Inc. business.
About Alliant Techsystems Inc.
Alliant Techsystems Inc. operates as an aerospace and defense company. The company supplies its products to the U.S. government, allied nations, and prime contractors. It also supplies ammunition and related accessories to law enforcement agencies and commercial customers.
As of March 31, 2010, the companys segments included Armament Systems, Mission Systems, and Space Systems.
This segment develops and produces military ammunition and gun systems, commercial products, tactical systems and equipment, and propellant and energetic materials. It also operates the U.S. Army ammunition plants in Independence, Missouri and Radford, Virginia.
Commercial Products: The group produces ammunition for the sport hunting/sport enthusiast market. Its brands include Fusion, CCI, Speer, and Estate Cartridge. The group also produces ammunition for the law enforcement market. In addition to ammunition, the group includes ATK's accessories product lines, such as reloading equipment, gun care products, targets and traps, rifle scopes and mounts, and binoculars. These products are marketed under brand names, such as RCBS, Outers, Shooter's Ridge, Weaver Optics, and Nitrex.
Energetic Systems: The group operates the Radford Army Ammunition Plant in Radford, Virginia, where it provides TNT and develops and produces energetics and various warheads and bomb fill, including nitrocellulose. It also manufactures propellants for tank ammunition and tactical rocket motors.
Integrated Weapon Systems: The group produces medium-caliber chain guns and manages medium-caliber ammunition design and orders. These gun systems are used on various land vehicles, helicopters and naval vessels, including the Bradley Fighting Vehicle, the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle, Light Armored Vehicle, and Apache helicopter. The company has supplied approximately 15,000 medium-caliber gun systems to the U.S. military and allied nations. New products include the Light Weight 25mm gun system and ammunition suite, the Palletized Autonomous Weapon System, and the M230LF gun system.
Small Caliber Systems: The company operates the Lake City Army Ammunition plant (LCAAP) in Independence, Missouri. It has a contract with the U.S. Army to operate the LCAAP.
Tactical Systems: The group provides tactical accessories to the armed forces and allies, special operations forces, law enforcement (both domestic and international), and sport enthusiasts.
This segment operates across various market areas, including large caliber direct fires, force protection, precision guided munitions, missiles, propulsion, missile defense, fuzes and warheads, composites, special mission aircraft, electronic warfare, military aircraft structures, commercial aircraft structures and launch structures.
Aerospace Structures: The group provides composite aircraft components for military and commercial aircraft manufacturers. The group provides composite wing skins and nacelles for the F-35 II Lightning, a fifth-generation fighter aircraft for the U.S. military and its allies. The group is also under contract to produce composite stringers and frames for the Airbus A350 passenger jetliner. Additional major composite programs include containment cases for General Electric's GEnx engine which would be used to power the Boeing 747-8 Cargo aircraft, and the Rolls Royce Trent XWB, which would be used to power the A350 aircraft.
Advanced Weapons: The group offers precision fire weapons and missiles. It is under contract to produce the Precision Guidance Kit for 155mm artillery. It also has a contractor to produce the Excalibur 1B, a longer-range precision round for the 155mm Howitzer. The group was also has a contract to develop a precision mortar for the U.S. Army. Additional programs of note are ATK's advanced anti-radiation guided missile (AARGM) and the XM-25 weapons system under development for the U.S. Army.
Integrated Systems: The group is the production home to the company's AAR-47 missile warning system, which is used by various fixed and rotor-wing aircraft to defeat shoulder-fired missile threats. It holds a contract to develop
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALLIANT TECHSYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALLIANT TECHSYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALLIANT TECHSYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALLIANT TECHSYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALLIANT TECHSYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Alliant Techsystems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Alliant Techsystems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Alliant Techsystems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Alliant Techsystems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Alliant Techsystems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALLIANT TECHSYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALLIANT TECHSYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALLIANT TECHSYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALLIANT TECHSYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALLIANT TECHSYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALLIANT TECHSYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Alliant Techsystems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Alliant Techsystems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Alliant Techsystems Inc. Major Shareholders
Alliant Techsystems Inc. History
Alliant Techsystems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Alliant Techsystems Inc. Offices and Representations
Alliant Techsystems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Alliant Techsystems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Alliant Techsystems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Alliant Techsystems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
Alliant Techsystems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Alliant Techsystems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Alliant Techsystems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Alliant Techsystems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Alliant Techsystems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Alliant Techsystems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Alliant Techsystems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Alliant Techsystems Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?