- The report contains detailed information about 3D Systems Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for 3D Systems Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The 3D Systems Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes 3D Systems Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of 3D Systems Corp. business.
About 3D Systems Corp.
3D Systems Corporation, through it subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, manufacture, marketing, and service of 3-D printing, rapid manufacturing, and prototyping systems and related products and materials in the United States, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. The company also operates 3Dpropartstm, a service that offers its customers prototyping and direct manufacturing services for the production of precision parts.
Products and Services
The companys principal technology platforms include its stereolithography or SLA equipment, its selective laser sintering or SLS equipment, its multi-jet 3-D printing equipment and its film transfer imaging (FTI) equipment. These systems use patented and proprietary stereolithography, selective laser sintering and various 3-D printing and film transfer imaging methods and processes that take digital data input from CAD software or three-dimensional scanning and sculpting devices to fabricate physical objects from its proprietary family of engineered plastic, metal and composite materials.
The company provides to its customers a suite of proprietary software tools that are embedded with in its systems and pre-sale, as well as post-sale field services, ranging from applications development to installation, warranty and maintenance services.
In 2009, the company introduced its 3Dproparts service, expanding its distribution channel for prototyping and direct manufacturing parts. 3Dproparts offers a range of precision plastic and metal parts and assembly capabilities produced from a range of materials using various additive and traditional manufacturing processes.
SLA Systems and Related Equipment: The companys SLA systems are capable of making multiple distinct objects at the same time and are designed to produce objects in a range of sizes and shapes and material performance characteristics. The companys SLA systems are capable of producing tools, fixtures, jigs and end-use parts, including parts for dental, hearing aid, jewelry and motor-sport applications.
The companys iPro family of SLA systems includes its iPro 8000 and iPro 9000. The iPro 8000 system is a mid-range SLA system. Its iPro 9000 SLA Center is a professional stereolithography system for the production of Pro-Parts from its integrated portfolio of proprietary Accura Plastics. In 2009 the company continued to offer the Viper SLA system. The Viper SLA system operates in a similar fashion as the iPro systems, but has a smaller build area and a lower build throughput rate and is capable of building smaller fine-featured parts.
SLS Systems and Related Equipment
The companys selective laser sintering, or SLS, additive manufacturing systems convert its proprietary engineered materials and composites by melting and fusing, or sintering, these materials into solid cross-sections, layer-by-layer, to produce finished parts. SLS systems can create parts from various proprietary engineered plastic and metal powders and are capable of processing multiple parts in a single build session.
The companys family of SLS systems includes the sPro SLS system and the Sinterstation Pro SLS system, automated selective laser sintering manufacturing systems that are designed to enable its customers to mass customize and produce end-use parts, patterns, fixtures and tools consistently and economically from its proprietary engineered plastics, on-site and on-demand. In 2009 the company introduced its sPro 60 family of SLS production systems.
The company offers the Sinterstation Pro SLM direct metal sintering system through a private label arrangement that it entered into with a third-party supplier. These systems are capable of producing fully-dense direct metal parts from various metal powders, including stainless steel, chrome cobalt, titanium, and tool steel.
3-D Printing Systems
The companys line of 3-D printers is ideal for use in engineering design environments for product development, marketing communication groups, manufacturing, such as jewelry and dental laboratory direct casting applications and with in engineering schools and other educational institutions. Its ran
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. 3D SYSTEMS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. 3D SYSTEMS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. 3D SYSTEMS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. 3D SYSTEMS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. 3D SYSTEMS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. 3D Systems Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of 3D Systems Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of 3D Systems Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. 3D Systems Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. 3D Systems Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. 3D SYSTEMS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. 3D SYSTEMS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. 3D SYSTEMS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. 3D SYSTEMS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. 3D SYSTEMS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. 3D SYSTEMS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
3D Systems Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
3D Systems Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
3D Systems Corp. Major Shareholders
3D Systems Corp. History
3D Systems Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
3D Systems Corp. Offices and Representations
3D Systems Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
3D Systems Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
3D Systems Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
3D Systems Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
3D Systems Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
3D Systems Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
3D Systems Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
3D Systems Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
3D Systems Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
3D Systems Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
3D Systems Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
3D Systems Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?