- The report contains detailed information about West Canyon Energy Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for West Canyon Energy Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The West Canyon Energy Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes West Canyon Energy Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of West Canyon Energy Corp. business.
About West Canyon Energy Corp.
West Canyon Energy Corp., an exploration stage company, engages in the exploration and production of oil and gas properties in Colombia and the United States.
Buenavista Exploration and Production Contract
The company has a 16% participation stake in the Buenavista exploration and production contract northeast of Bogotá, Colombia. The Buenavista block is located 38 miles northwest of the Cusiana/Cupiagua complex. As of June 30, 2010, the Buenavista block had two producing wells, the Bolivar 1 well and the Bolivar 2 well, from which it had approximately 4,833 barrels of crude oil. The 25,000 acre contiguous parcel of land contains the Bolivar field, the Bolivar prospect and 3 leads. Included in the field is the La Luna formation, covering an area of 700 acres.
Talora Exploration and Exploitation Contract
The company has a 20% participation stake in the Talora Exploration and Exploitation Contract southwest of Bogotá, Colombia. The Talora contract area covers 108,333 acres and is located approximately 47 miles southwest of Bogotá, Colombia.
Carbonera Exploration and Exploitation Contract
The company has a 6% share interest in the Carbonera Exploration and Exploitation Contract. The Carbonera Contract encompasses a 64,000 acre concession located northeast of Bogotá near the Venezuelan border in the Catatumbo Basin region of northern Colombia.
In 2009, the company through its subsidiary Petrosouth Energy Corp. BVI, entered into an agreement with Delavco Energy Colombia Inc., pursuant to which it agreed to sell 100% of its 6% non-operated participation interest in the Carbonera Block.
North Semitropic Prospect
In 2009, the company repurchased the 25% interest in the North Semitropic Prospect from Cobra Oil and Gas. In February 2010, the company entered into an agreement with New World Petroleum Investments Inc. pursuant to which it agreed to sell 100% of its 25% interest.
Spring Creek Red River Prospect
In 2008, the company acquired non-producing leases in the Spring Creek Red River Prospect.
The company was incorporated in 2004 as Mobridge Explorations, Inc. and changed its name to PetroSouth Energy Corp. in 2007. Further, it changed its name to West Canyon Energy Corp. in 2008.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WEST CANYON ENERGY CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WEST CANYON ENERGY CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WEST CANYON ENERGY CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WEST CANYON ENERGY CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WEST CANYON ENERGY CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. West Canyon Energy Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of West Canyon Energy Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of West Canyon Energy Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. West Canyon Energy Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. West Canyon Energy Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. WEST CANYON ENERGY CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WEST CANYON ENERGY CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WEST CANYON ENERGY CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WEST CANYON ENERGY CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WEST CANYON ENERGY CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WEST CANYON ENERGY CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
West Canyon Energy Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
West Canyon Energy Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
West Canyon Energy Corp. Major Shareholders
West Canyon Energy Corp. History
West Canyon Energy Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
West Canyon Energy Corp. Offices and Representations
West Canyon Energy Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
West Canyon Energy Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
West Canyon Energy Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
West Canyon Energy Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
West Canyon Energy Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
West Canyon Energy Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
West Canyon Energy Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
West Canyon Energy Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
West Canyon Energy Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
West Canyon Energy Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
West Canyon Energy Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
West Canyon Energy Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?