- The report contains detailed information about UEX Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for UEX Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The UEX Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes UEX Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of UEX Corp. business.
About UEX Corp.
UEX Corporation, an uranium exploration company, engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of uranium properties.
The company has 19 uranium projects totaling approximately 356,088 hectares (879,913 acres) in the Athabasca Basin of northern Saskatchewan, Canada, including 7 that are 100% owned and operated by it, one joint venture with AREVA Resources Canada Inc. (AREVA) that is operated by it, ten joint-ventured with AREVA and 1 under option from Japan-Canada Uranium Company, Limited, which are operated by AREVA. These projects are categorized by the company into the Hidden Bay Project, the Riou Lake Project, the Northern Athabasca Projects, the Black Lake Project, the Western Athabasca Projects, and the Beatty River Project.
The Athabasca Basin
The uranium exploration properties of the company are in the Athabasca Basin of northern Saskatchewan.
Western Athabasca Projects
The Western Athabasca Projects are located in the western Athabasca Basin, near past-producing uranium deposits in the Cluff Lake area. AREVA acts as operator of exploration at the Western Athabasca Projects, which collectively is ten uranium projects, namely Shea Creek, Douglas River, Erica, Alexandra, Mirror River, Laurie, Nikita, Uchrich, James Creek, and Brander Lake totaling 157,255 hectares in 75 claims, all of which are in good standing. The company holds a 49% interest in the Western Athabasca.
Hidden Bay Project
Hidden Bay is located in the eastern Athabasca Basin uranium district. Hidden Bay comprises 56,921 hectares in 41 claims and 1 mineral lease. The company owns 100% of the 41 claims, and 76.73% of mineral lease ML 5424. Three other parties collectively hold a 23.27% interest in mineral lease ML 5424.
Black Lake Project
The Black Lake Project (Black Lake) is located within the northern part of the Athabasca Basin immediately adjacent to the Riou Lake Project. The number of claims at Black Lake includes 12, comprising totaling 30,381 hectares.
Riou Lake Project
The Riou Lake Project (Riou Lake) consists of 12 claims totalling 32,306 hectares and is located within the northern part of the Athabasca Basin of northern Saskatchewan near the town of Stony Rapids.
Beatty River Project
The Beatty River Project (Beatty River) consists of 7 claims totaling 6,688 hectares located in the western Athabasca Basin. The company entered into an agreement with Japan-Canada Uranium Company, Limited (JCU) wherein JCU has granted UEX an option to acquire a 25% interest in Beatty River. AREVA owns a 50.71% interest and JCU owns a 49.29% interest in the Beatty River Project. Under the agreement, the company can earn a 25% interest in the Beatty River Project.
Northern Athabasca Projects
The Northern Athabasca Projects (the Projects) are located within the northern part of the Athabasca Basin immediately adjacent to the Riou Lake Project. The five 100%-owned projects, totaling 72,537 hectares in 21 claims are located on the northern rim of the Athabasca Basin near Stony Rapids, Saskatchewan. The companys Northern Athabasca Projects are named as follows: Butler Lake - 13,134 hectares, Fond du Lac 16,838 hectares, Otherside River 8,055 hectares, Munroe Lake 18,275 hectares, and Jacques Point - 16,235 hectares.
UEX Corporation was incorporated in 2001.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UEX CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UEX CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UEX CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UEX CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UEX CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. UEX Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of UEX Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of UEX Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. UEX Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. UEX Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. UEX CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UEX CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UEX CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UEX CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UEX CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UEX CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
UEX Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
UEX Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
UEX Corp. Major Shareholders
UEX Corp. History
UEX Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
UEX Corp. Offices and Representations
UEX Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
UEX Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
UEX Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
UEX Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
UEX Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
UEX Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
UEX Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
UEX Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
UEX Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
UEX Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
UEX Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
UEX Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?