- The report contains detailed information about Superior Energy Services Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Superior Energy Services Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Superior Energy Services Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Superior Energy Services Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Superior Energy Services Inc. business.
About Superior Energy Services Inc.
Superior Energy Services, Inc. provides oilfield services and equipment to serve drilling and production-related needs of oil and gas companies.
The company conducts its operations through three segments: Subsea and Well Enhancement, Drilling Products and Services, and Marine Services.
Well Intervention Services
This segment provides subsea and well enhancement services that are used to build out oil and gas production infrastructure, stimulate oil and gas production, plug and abandon uneconomic or non-producing wells, and decommission offshore oil and gas platforms. The company's subsea and well enhancement services include coiled tubing, electric line, pumping and stimulation, gas lift, well control, snubbing, recompletion, engineering and well evaluation, offshore oil and gas tank and vessel cleaning, decommissioning, plug and abandonment, and mechanical wireline. The company provides wireline services in the Gulf of Mexico with approximately 142 offshore wireline units, 24 offshore electric line units, 7 offshore coiled tubing units, and 10 dedicated liftboats configured specifically for wireline services. It also owns and operates 43 land wireline units, 68 land electric line units, and 32 land coiled tubing units. Additionally, the company owns 2 derrick barges each equipped with an 880 metric ton crane. It also manufactures and sells specialized drilling rig instrumentation equipment.
In January 2010, the company acquired Hallin Marine Subsea Plc (Hallin), an international provider of integrated subsea services and engineering solutions, focused on installing, maintaining, and extending the life of subsea wells.
This segment manufactures, sells, and rents specialized equipment for use with offshore and onshore oil and gas well drilling, completion, production, and workover activities. The company conducts operations offshore in the Gulf of Mexico, onshore in the United States, and in select international market areas. The company has locations in various staging points in Louisiana and Texas for oil and gas activities in the Gulf of Mexico, and in North Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Pennsylvania, and Wyoming. The company's drilling products and services segment conducts operations in Latin America, North America, the North Sea region, Continental Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia, West Africa, and the Asia Pacific region. The company's drilling products and services include pressure control equipment, specialty tubular goods, including drill pipe and landing strings, connecting iron, handling tools, stabilizers, drill collars, and on-site accommodations.
This segment owns and operates a fleet of liftboats that are complementary to the company's subsea and well enhancement services. The company's fleet consists of 26 liftboats with leg lengths ranging from 145 feet to 265 feet. Its liftboats are located in the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean.
During 2009, the companys major customers included independent oil and gas companies, such as Chevron Corporation, Apache Corporation, and BP p.l.c.
Superior Energy Services, Inc. was founded in 1991.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUPERIOR ENERGY SERVICES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUPERIOR ENERGY SERVICES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUPERIOR ENERGY SERVICES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUPERIOR ENERGY SERVICES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUPERIOR ENERGY SERVICES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Superior Energy Services Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Superior Energy Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Superior Energy Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Superior Energy Services Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Superior Energy Services Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SUPERIOR ENERGY SERVICES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUPERIOR ENERGY SERVICES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUPERIOR ENERGY SERVICES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUPERIOR ENERGY SERVICES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUPERIOR ENERGY SERVICES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUPERIOR ENERGY SERVICES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Superior Energy Services Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Superior Energy Services Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Superior Energy Services Inc. Major Shareholders
Superior Energy Services Inc. History
Superior Energy Services Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Superior Energy Services Inc. Offices and Representations
Superior Energy Services Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Superior Energy Services Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Superior Energy Services Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Superior Energy Services Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Superior Energy Services Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Superior Energy Services Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Superior Energy Services Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Superior Energy Services Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Superior Energy Services Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Superior Energy Services Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Superior Energy Services Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Superior Energy Services Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?