- The report contains detailed information about Ensign Energy Services Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ensign Energy Services Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ensign Energy Services Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ensign Energy Services Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ensign Energy Services Inc. business.
About Ensign Energy Services Inc.
Ensign Energy Services Inc. engages in the provision of oilfield services in western Canada.
Canadian Oilfield Services
The companys contract drilling operations in Canada are conducted through Ensign Drilling Partnership. Its Canadian drilling divisions operate a combined marketed fleet of 191 drilling and specialty rigs throughout the Western Canada Sedimentary Basin. The composition of the rig fleet covers all drilling requirements from the shallow depth range to the deep oil and natural gas drilling requirements of the foothills region of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. The divisions of Ensign Drilling Partnership are summarized as follows:
Ensign Canadian Drilling provides drilling services for shallow to intermediate oil and natural gas wells, as well as specialized horizontal, underbalanced and horizontal re-entry drilling services. This division operates primarily in northern and central Alberta and northeastern British Columbia and is based out of Nisku, Alberta, with offices in Grande Prairie, Alberta and Fort Nelson, British Columbia.
Champion Drilling, based in Brooks, Alberta, specializes in the drilling of shallow natural gas wells in southern Alberta.
Big Sky Drilling, based in Oxbow, Saskatchewan, operates in the southeastern region of Saskatchewan.
Encore Coring & Drilling, based in Calgary, Alberta, specializes in oilsands coring, shallow gas drilling and coal-bed methane drilling.
The companys well servicing division, Rockwell Servicing Partnership, markets a fleet of 105 well servicing rigs, two coiled tubing units and one nitrogen unit. Rockwell Servicing Partnership provides shallow to deep well servicing activities to oil and natural gas producers throughout most of the Western Canada Sedimentary Basin through its operating stations located in Ardmore, Brooks, Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Lloydminster and Red Deer, Alberta and Estevan, Saskatchewan.
The companys underbalanced drilling and oilfield equipment rentals operations are conducted through Enhanced Petroleum Services Partnership.
Opsco Energy Industries Ltd., based outside of Calgary, Alberta, is an oilfield service and manufacturing company specializing in the provision of mechanical wireline services, production testing, well optimization services and the custom manufacturing of oil and natural gas production equipment.
United States Oilfield Services
Ensign United States Drilling Inc.s drilling fleet comprises 55 drilling rigs that are marketed in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States. Ensign United States Drilling Inc. is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with field offices in Casper, Wyoming and Williston, North Dakota.
Ensign United States Drilling (California) Inc.s drilling fleet comprises 20 drilling rigs and four well servicing rigs that are marketed primarily in the San Joaquin, Los Angeles and Sacramento basins in California. Through this division the company operates primarily in the shallow heavy oil market and also natural gas producing areas.
Ensign Well Services Inc. operates a fleet of 13 well servicing rigs in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States.
Opsco Energy Industries (USA) Ltd. operates 19 high-pressure production-testing units in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States.
International Oilfield Services
As of December 31, 2008, EESILs drilling fleet comprises 26 marketed drilling rigs and 7 marketed workover rigs. Through EESIL, the company operates in Australia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, Africa, South America and New Zealand. EESIL has its main operations base in Adelaide, Australia.
Field offices are located in various international locations to provide the required level of support for local operations. As of December 31, 2008, Ensign de Venezuela C.A. marketed eight drilling rigs and one workover rig, and has its main operations base in El Tigre, Venezuela.
Ensign Drilling Partnership: Ensign Drilling Inc. and Artisan Corporation own 100% of Ensign Drilling Partnership, a partnership formed under the laws of the Province of Alberta for the purpose of carrying on its Canadian oil and natural gas well drilling operations. In July 2008, Ensign Drilling Partnership acquired 12 specialty coring rigs from Terracore Specialty Drilling Ltd. Also in July 2008, this partnership began operating the camp rental business formerly operated with in the Enhanced Petroleum Services Partnership. As at December 31, 2008, Ensign Drilling Partnership operated four drilling divisions, called Big Sky Drilling, Champion Drilling, Encore Coring & Drilling and Ensign Canadian Drilling, and one trucking division called Artisan Trucking.
Enhanced Petroleum Services Partnership: Ensign Drilling Inc. and Opsco Energy Industries Ltd. own 100% of Enhanced Petroleum Services Partnership, a partnership formed under the laws of the Province of Alberta for the purpose of carrying on its underbalanced drilling and oilfield equipment rentals businesses. Enhanced Petroleum Services Partnership operates two divisions, called Enhanced Drill Systems and Chandel Equipment Rentals.
Ensign Energy Services Inc. was founded in 1987. The company was formerly known as Ensign Resource Service Group, Inc. and changed its name to Ensign Energy Services Inc. in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ENSIGN ENERGY SERVICES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ENSIGN ENERGY SERVICES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ENSIGN ENERGY SERVICES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ENSIGN ENERGY SERVICES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ENSIGN ENERGY SERVICES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ensign Energy Services Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ensign Energy Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ensign Energy Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ensign Energy Services Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ensign Energy Services Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ENSIGN ENERGY SERVICES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ENSIGN ENERGY SERVICES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ENSIGN ENERGY SERVICES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ENSIGN ENERGY SERVICES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ENSIGN ENERGY SERVICES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ENSIGN ENERGY SERVICES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ensign Energy Services Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ensign Energy Services Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ensign Energy Services Inc. Major Shareholders
Ensign Energy Services Inc. History
Ensign Energy Services Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ensign Energy Services Inc. Offices and Representations
Ensign Energy Services Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ensign Energy Services Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ensign Energy Services Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Ensign Energy Services Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Ensign Energy Services Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ensign Energy Services Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ensign Energy Services Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ensign Energy Services Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Ensign Energy Services Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Ensign Energy Services Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ensign Energy Services Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ensign Energy Services Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?