- The report contains detailed information about Sensata Technologies Holding NV that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sensata Technologies Holding NV. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sensata Technologies Holding NV financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sensata Technologies Holding NV competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sensata Technologies Holding NV business.
About Sensata Technologies Holding NV
Sensata Technologies Holding B.V., a global industrial technology company, engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of sensors and controls. The company produces a range of customized sensors and controls for mission critical applications, such as thermal circuit breakers in aircraft, pressure sensors in automotive systems, and bimetal current and temperature control devices in electric motors. It has operations in the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.
The company supplies automotive, commercial, and industrial sensors, including pressure sensors, pressure switches, and position and force sensors. Its sensors are used in various applications, including automotive air-conditioning, braking, transmission and air bag applications, as well as heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC), and heavy vehicle off-road (HVOR) applications. The companys sensors are customized devices that translate a physical phenomenon, such as force or position into electronic signals that microprocessors or computer-based control systems can act upon.
The company provides bimetal electromechanical controls, thermal and magnetic-hydraulic circuit breakers, power inverters, and interconnection products. It manufactures and markets a portfolio of application-specific products, including motor and compressor protectors, circuit breakers, semiconductor burn-in test sockets (BITS), electrical HVAC controls, power inverters, and precision switches and thermostats. The companys controls are sold into industrial, aerospace, military, commercial, and residential end-markets. Its controls are customized devices embedded within systems to protect them from excessive heat or current.
The companys product line encompasses four categories of controls, including bimetal electromechanical controls, thermal and magnetic-hydraulic circuit breakers, power inverters, and interconnection each of which serves a diversified base of customers, end-markets, applications, and geographies. The companys magnetic-hydraulic circuit breakers serve a spectrum of OEMs and other multi-national companies in the telecommunication, industrial, recreational vehicle, HVAC, refrigeration, marine, medical, information processing, electronic power supply, power generation, over-the-road trucking, construction, agricultural, and alternative energy markets. The company provides thermal circuit breakers to the commercial and military aircraft market.
The companys power inverters products allow an electronic circuit to convert DC to AC. Power inverters are used mainly in applications where DC power, such as that stored in a battery, must be converted for use in an electrical device that runs on AC power. Its interconnection products consist of semiconductor BITS used by semiconductor manufacturers to verify packaged semiconductor reliability.
The companys customer base in the sensors business includes a range of equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and Tier 1 suppliers in the automotive, industrial, and commercial end-markets, including BMW; Chrysler Group; Continental; Ford Motor Company; General Motors; Honda Motor Company; Peugeot Citroen; Renault/Nissan; TRW Automotive; and Volkswagen.
The companys customers in the controls business include a range of industrial and commercial OEMs and Tier 1 manufacturers across multiple end-markets, primarily OEMs in the climate control, appliance, semiconductor, datacomm, telecommunications, and aerospace industries, as well as Tier 1 motor and compressor suppliers. Its major customers include A.O. Smith; Bosch; Emerson Electric; Flame Enterprises; Giatek Corporation; LG Group; Peerless Electronics; Regal Beloit; Samsung; and Whirlpool.
The companys principal competitors in the market for automotive sensors are Robert Bosch GmbH and Denso Corporation which are in-house, or captive, providers; and Nagano Keiki Co., Ltd. and Schneider Electric, which are independent. The companys principal competitors in the market for commercial and industrial sensors include Saginomiya Seisakusho, Inc. and Schneider Electric.
The companys primary competitors in the basic alternating current motor protection market include Asian manufacturers, such as Jiangsu Chengsheng Electric Appliance Company Ltd.; ChwenDer Thermostat & Company Ltd.; Wanbao Refrigeration Group Guangzhou Appliances Company Ltd.; Hangzhou Star Shuaier Electric Appliance Co., Ltd.; Ubukata Industries Co., Ltd.; and Foshan TongBao Corporation Limited.
The companys competitors in the thermal circuit breaker, thermostat and switches markets include Cutler Hammer, a division of Eaton Corporation; and Crouzet, a division of Schneider Electric, in aircraft circuit breakers; Honeywell International Inc. in aircraft switches and thermostats; and Cooper Bussman, a division of Cooper Electric, in heavy and off-road thermal circuit breakers. The companys competitors in magnetic-hydraulic circuit breaker markets include Carling Technologies, Circuit Breaker Industries, and the Heinemann brand of Eaton Corporation.
Sensata Technologies Holding B.V. was founded in 1916.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HOLDING NV COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HOLDING NV BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HOLDING NV SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HOLDING NV FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HOLDING NV COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sensata Technologies Holding NV Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sensata Technologies Holding NV and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sensata Technologies Holding NV and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sensata Technologies Holding NV Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sensata Technologies Holding NV Industry Position Analysis
6. SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HOLDING NV NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HOLDING NV EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HOLDING NV ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HOLDING NV IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HOLDING NV PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HOLDING NV VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sensata Technologies Holding NV Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sensata Technologies Holding NV Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sensata Technologies Holding NV Major Shareholders
Sensata Technologies Holding NV History
Sensata Technologies Holding NV Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sensata Technologies Holding NV Offices and Representations
Sensata Technologies Holding NV SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sensata Technologies Holding NV Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sensata Technologies Holding NV Capital Market Snapshot
Sensata Technologies Holding NV Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Sensata Technologies Holding NV Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sensata Technologies Holding NV Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sensata Technologies Holding NV Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sensata Technologies Holding NV 1-year Stock Charts
Sensata Technologies Holding NV 5-year Stock Charts
Sensata Technologies Holding NV vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sensata Technologies Holding NV vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sensata Technologies Holding NV Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?