- The report contains detailed information about Questerre Energy Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Questerre Energy Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Questerre Energy Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Questerre Energy Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Questerre Energy Corp. business.
About Questerre Energy Corp.
Questerre Energy Corporation (Questerre or the company) is a Calgary-based independent resource company actively engaged in the exploration for and development, production and acquisition of natural gas projects in Canada. The Companys current projects are a gas field redevelopment project in British Columbia complemented by an attractive exploration play in Quebec.
Beaver River Field, British Columbia
The Company's principal asset is a 100% working interest in the Beaver River field (66.66% working interest after payout), a 1.5 Tcf natural gas field located in northeast British Columbia. Questerre is focused on the redevelopment of the Beaver River Field, a 1.4 Tcf OGIP discovered natural gas field located northwest of Fort Nelson, British Columbia.
The Beaver River Field is a discovered gas field with an estimated 1.4 Tcf of original gas in place. Ultimate recoverable gas for this field is estimated to range between 511 Bcf and 730 Bcf. The field is located 100 miles northwest of Fort Nelson on the border of British Columbia and the Yukon.
In October 2003, Questerre spudded the new A-5 well at the Beaver River Field. Utilizing the existing A-5 wellbore, the new well is being directionally drilled to the crest of the strucuture. The Company is currently completing the drilling of the horizontal leg and anticipates the well will be completed, tested and tied-in by the beginning of March 2004.
St. Lawrence Lowlands
The Company holds 287,915 hectares of exploration acreage in the St. Lawrence Lowlands, located between Montreal and Quebec City south of the St. Lawrence River in Quebec. The St. Lawrence lowlands offer the potential to discover a new sub-basin on-shore North America.
Questerre entered into a farm-in agreement with Gastem Inc., a natural gas exploration company based on Montreal (TSX-V: GMR) to farm-in on Questerre's interests in the St. Lawrence Lowlands. Under the farm-in agreement, Gastem is required to pay 75% of the costs of a well to earn a 50% interest in 1,000 hectares of land surrounding the location of the well. In addition, for a period of six months after the testing of the initial well and any additional wells, Gastem will have an exclusive rolling option to drill further wells on the lands contained within the boundaries of the licenses on the same terms. Drilling l is expected to commence in early 2004.
In December 2003, Questerre announced that its partner, Gastem Inc., has secured financing to drill the Sainte Sophie #1 well on Questerre's Becancour prospect.
Lease construction commenced in December and the Sainte Sophie #1 well will be spudded in April 2004, subject to rig release. The rig is currently drilling gas injection wells at the St. Flavien Field, approximately 100 km northeast of the Becancour prospect. The St. Flavien Field is a hydrothermal dolomite (HTD) natural gas reservoir that produced 5.7 Bcf and currently serves as a gas storage facility. The Andrews Hz#1 well, completed in the upper Black River Formation, flowed on test at rates in excess of 18 mmcf/d, limited by surface equipment.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QUESTERRE ENERGY CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QUESTERRE ENERGY CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QUESTERRE ENERGY CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QUESTERRE ENERGY CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QUESTERRE ENERGY CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Questerre Energy Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Questerre Energy Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Questerre Energy Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Questerre Energy Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Questerre Energy Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. QUESTERRE ENERGY CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QUESTERRE ENERGY CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QUESTERRE ENERGY CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QUESTERRE ENERGY CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QUESTERRE ENERGY CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QUESTERRE ENERGY CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Questerre Energy Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Questerre Energy Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Questerre Energy Corp. Major Shareholders
Questerre Energy Corp. History
Questerre Energy Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Questerre Energy Corp. Offices and Representations
Questerre Energy Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Questerre Energy Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Questerre Energy Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Questerre Energy Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Questerre Energy Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Questerre Energy Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Questerre Energy Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Questerre Energy Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Questerre Energy Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Questerre Energy Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Questerre Energy Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Questerre Energy Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?