- The report contains detailed information about Polypore International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Polypore International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Polypore International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Polypore International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Polypore International Inc. business.
About Polypore International Inc.
Polypore International, Inc., a technology filtration company, develops, manufactures, and markets microporous membranes used in separation and filtration processes. The microporous membranes the company produces are polymeric structures that contain millions of pores per square inch, enabling the management of ions, gases and particles that range in size from the cellular to the nano or molecular level.
The companys products and technologies are used in two primary segments: Energy Storage and Separations Media.
In the energy storage segment, the company's membrane separators are a critical performance component in lithium and lead-acid batteries, performing the core function of regulating ion exchange and thus allowing the charge and discharge process to occur between a battery's positive and negative electrodes.
Electronics applications: The company develops, manufactures, and markets patented polypropylene and polyethylene monolayer and multilayer membrane separators for lithium batteries that are used in various applications, such as personal electronic devices, cordless power tools, EDV's, and electricity grid storage systems.
Transportation and industrial applications: The company develops, manufactures, and markets a line of polymer-based membrane separators for lead-acid batteries. The company supplies to lead-acid battery manufacturers, including East Penn Manufacturing Co., Inc., EnerSys, Exide Technologies, Hubei Camel Storage Battery Co., Ltd., and Trojan Battery Company.
In the separations media segment, its filtration membranes and modules are used in healthcare and industrial and specialty filtration applications. These membranes perform the critical function of removing sub-micron particulates from fluids and introducing or removing gases (gasification/degasification) with in liquids. Both healthcare and specialty filtration applications require membranes with precisely controlled pore size, structure, distribution, and uniformity. The companys supply relationships with customers in healthcare and certain filtration applications, such as pharmaceutical manufacturing are reinforced by the rigorous testing, clinical studies and/or regulatory approval that its membranes undergo prior to end-product commercialization.
Healthcare Applications: The company develops, manufactures, and markets a line of patented polyethersulfone membranes for the hemodialysis market. Hemodialysis is the artificial process that performs the function of a healthy kidney for patients with permanent kidney failure, a condition known as End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
The company develops, manufactures, and markets polypropylene and polymethylpentene membranes for the blood oxygenation market. As a component of heart-lung machines, blood oxygenators temporarily replace the functions of the lungs during on-pump open-heart surgery. The company develops, manufactures, and markets polypropylene and polyethersulfone membranes for the plasmapheresis market.
Industrial and specialty filtration applications: The company produces a range of membranes and membrane-based elements for microfiltration and ultrafiltration, as well as gasification/degasification of liquids, covering a range of applications in the filtration market. The company serves various filtration end-markets, including water treatment, food and beverage processing and pharmaceutical, semiconductor, and flat panel display manufacturing.
MicroPES and DuraPES: These are patented sulphonated polyethersulfone flat sheet microfiltration membranes with very high flow rates, chemical resistance and low protein binding, properties. These membranes are primarily used in specialty filtration applications, such as ultrapure water, cold sterile filtration of beverages, ultrapure chemicals for the electronics industry and pharmaceutical processing.
Accurel: It is a polypropylene membrane, available in flat sheet, hollow fiber, and tubular configurations, which can be used in a range of pH conditions.
Liqui-Flux membrane modules, based on its hollow fiber, polypropylene microfiltration and patented polyethe
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. POLYPORE INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. POLYPORE INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. POLYPORE INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. POLYPORE INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. POLYPORE INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Polypore International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Polypore International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Polypore International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Polypore International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Polypore International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. POLYPORE INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. POLYPORE INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. POLYPORE INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. POLYPORE INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. POLYPORE INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. POLYPORE INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Polypore International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Polypore International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Polypore International Inc. Major Shareholders
Polypore International Inc. History
Polypore International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Polypore International Inc. Offices and Representations
Polypore International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Polypore International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Polypore International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Polypore International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Polypore International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Polypore International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Polypore International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Polypore International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Polypore International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Polypore International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Polypore International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Polypore International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?