- The report contains detailed information about Orion Energy Systems, Inc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Orion Energy Systems, Inc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Orion Energy Systems, Inc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Orion Energy Systems, Inc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Orion Energy Systems, Inc business.
About Orion Energy Systems, Inc
Orion Energy Systems, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, and implementation of energy management systems consisting primarily of lighting systems, controls and related services.
The companys energy management system consist of its HIF lighting system; its InteLite wireless lighting controls; its Apollo Solar Light Pipe, which collects and focuses renewable daylight and consumes no electricity; and integrated energy management services. As of March 31, 2010, the company installed approximately 1,739,000 HIF lighting systems for its commercial and industrial customers.
Products and Services
The company provides various products and services that together comprise its energy management system. The core of its energy management system is its HIF lighting platform, which it primarily sells under the Compact Modular brand name. The company offers its customers the option to build on its core HIF lighting platform by adding its InteLite wireless controls and Apollo Solar Light Pipe. Together with these products, the company offers its customers various integrated energy management services, such as system design, project management, and installation. The company refers to the combination of these products and services as its energy management system.
The Compact Modular: The companys primary product is its line of HIF lighting systems, the Compact Modular, which includes various fixture configurations to meet customer specifications. The Compact Modular operates at 224 watts per 6 lamp fixture.
InteLite Wireless Controls: The companys InteLite wireless control products allow customers to remotely communicate with and give commands to individual light fixtures and other peripheral devices through Web-based software, and allow the customer to configure and change the control parameters of each fixture based on a number of inputs and conditions, including motion and ambient light levels. The companys InteLite products can be added to its HIF lighting systems at or after installation on a plug and play basis by coupling the wireless transceivers directly to the modular power pack.
Apollo Solar Light Pipe: The companys Apollo Solar Light Pipe is a lens-based device that collects and focuses renewable daylight, bringing natural light indoors without consuming electricity. Its Apollo Solar Light Pipe is designed and manufactured to maximize light collection during times of low sun angles, such as those that occur during early morning and late afternoon.
Renewable Energy Projects: The companys Orion Engineered Systems division is conducting research on various renewable energy technologies, including those using wind technologies, that may be able to add to its menu of products, applications and services offered.
Other Products: The company also offers its customers various other HIF fixtures to address their lighting and energy management needs, including fixtures designed for agribusinesses, parking lots, roadways, outdoor applications, and private label resale.
The company provides a range of fee-based lighting-related energy management services to its customers, including site assessment, which includes a review of the lighting requirements and energy usage at the customers facility; site field verification, where the company performs a test implementation of its energy management system at a customers facility upon request; utility incentive and government subsidy management, where the company assist its customers in identifying, applying for and obtaining available utility incentives or government subsidies; engineering design, which involves designing a customized system to suit its customers facility lighting and energy management needs, and providing the customer with a written analysis of the potential energy savings and lighting and environmental uses associated with the designed system; project management, which involves its working with the electrical contractor in overseeing and managing all phases of implementation from delivery through installation for a single facility or through multi-facility roll-outs tied to a defined project schedule; installation services, which the company provides through its national network of qualified third-party installers; and recycling in connection with its retrofit installations, where the company remove, dispose of and recycle its customers legacy lighting fixtures.
The company primarily targets commercial and industrial end users who have warehousing and manufacturing facilities. As of March 31, 2010, the company has installed its products in 5,612 commercial and industrial facilities across North America.
The companys customer base includes American Standard International Inc.; Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc.; Avery Dennison Corporation; Big Lots Inc.; Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc.; Ecolab, Inc.; Gap, Inc.; General Electric Co.; Kraft Foods Inc.; Miller Coors LLC; Newell Rubbermaid Inc.; OfficeMax, Inc.; PepsiAmericas Inc.; Sealed Air Corp.; Sherwin-Williams Co.; SYSCO Corp.; Textron, Inc.; Toyota Motor Corp.; United Stationers Inc.; and U.S. Foodservice.
The company competes with Cooper Industries, Ltd.; Hubbell Incorporated; Ruud Lighting, Inc.; Acuity Brands, Inc.; Graybar Electric Company; Gexpro (GE Supply); W.W. Grainger, Inc.; Johnson Controls, Inc.; Honeywell International; Comverge, Inc.; and EnerNOC, Inc.
Orion Energy Systems, Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Orion Energy Systems, Inc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Orion Energy Systems, Inc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Orion Energy Systems, Inc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Orion Energy Systems, Inc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Orion Energy Systems, Inc Industry Position Analysis
6. ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Orion Energy Systems, Inc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Orion Energy Systems, Inc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Orion Energy Systems, Inc Major Shareholders
Orion Energy Systems, Inc History
Orion Energy Systems, Inc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Orion Energy Systems, Inc Offices and Representations
Orion Energy Systems, Inc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Orion Energy Systems, Inc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Orion Energy Systems, Inc Capital Market Snapshot
Orion Energy Systems, Inc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Orion Energy Systems, Inc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Orion Energy Systems, Inc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Orion Energy Systems, Inc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Orion Energy Systems, Inc 1-year Stock Charts
Orion Energy Systems, Inc 5-year Stock Charts
Orion Energy Systems, Inc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Orion Energy Systems, Inc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Orion Energy Systems, Inc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?