- The report contains detailed information about Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. business.
About Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc.
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc., a development stage alternative energy technology company, provides technology, equipment, and engineering services for the conversion of coal and biomass feedstocks into energy and chemical products.
The company provides a proprietary technology package whereby it licenses U-GAS technology rights to third parties, delivers an engineered technology transfer package, and provides proprietary equipment components to customers who plan to own and operate projects.
The company has a license to the U-GAS gasification technology. Its U-GAS license grants its the worldwide right to manufacture, make, use, and sell both U-GAS coal gasification systems and coal and biomass mixture gasification systems, and a right to manufacture biomass gasification systems and coal and biomass mixture gasification systems. The company also has rights to sublicense U-GAS systems to third parties for coal, coal and biomass mixtures and for biomass projects.
Technology Licensing and Related Services
In April 2010, the company executed its first third party technology licensing agreement. Under this agreement, the company is providing U-GAS technology for a commercial scale biomass-to-biofuels project in the United States. In addition, the company and the licensee entered into a separate multi-site agreement whereby the licensee has the option to license its biomass gasification technology for five additional commercial scale biomass-to-biofuels projects within North America.
The company intends to focus on development of licensing opportunities for its proprietary U-GAS technology on a global basis with a focus on India, China, Turkey, the U.S., Australia, and Vietnam, as well as other parts of Europe and Asia.
In December 2009, the company entered into a strategic alliance agreement with Coalworks Limited, an emerging Australian energy developer, to develop the first coal gasification and liquefaction plant for Coalworks at Oaklands, New South Wales, Australia utilizing its U-GAS technology. Pursuant to the strategic alliance agreement, the company has delivered its feasibility study for this project and plan to discuss next steps with Coalworks. The company also has signed an agreement with another Australian company that is in the process of shipping coal to its Zao Zhuang facility for testing.
Operations and Projects
Zao Zhuang Joint Venture
The company has entered into a cooperative joint venture contract with Shandong Hai Hua Coal & Chemical Company Ltd. (which was acquired by China National Offshore Oil Corporation in September 2009), or Hai Hua, which established Synthesis Energy Systems (Zao Zhuang) New Gas Company Ltd. (the ZZ Joint Venture), a joint venture company that has the primary purposes of developing, constructing, and operating a syngas production plant utilizing the U-GAS technology in Zao Zhuang City, Shandong Province, China; and producing and selling syngas and the various byproducts of the plant, including ash and elemental sulphur. The company owns 95.5% of the ZZ Joint Venture and Hai Hua owns the remaining 4.5%. The ZZ Joint Venture is also party to a purchase and sale agreement with Hai Hua for syngas produced by the plant.
Yima Joint Ventures
In August 2009, the company entered into amended joint venture contracts with Yima Coal Industry (Group) Co., Ltd. (Yima). The amended joint venture contracts provide that: the company and Yima contribute equity of 25% and 75% respectively to the Yima joint ventures and Yima would supply coal to the project from a mine located in close proximity to the project.
Golden Concord Joint Venture
The companys joint venture with Golden Concord, or the GC Joint Venture, was formed to develop, construct and operate a coal gasification, methanol and dimethyl ether (DME) production plant utilizing U-GAS technology in the Xilinghote Economic and Technology Development Zone, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China; and produce and sell methanol, DME, and various byproducts of the plant, including fly ash, steam, sulphur, hydrogen, xenon, and argon.
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. was founded in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SYNTHESIS ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SYNTHESIS ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SYNTHESIS ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SYNTHESIS ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SYNTHESIS ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SYNTHESIS ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SYNTHESIS ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SYNTHESIS ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SYNTHESIS ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SYNTHESIS ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SYNTHESIS ENERGY SYSTEMS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. Major Shareholders
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. History
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. Offices and Representations
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?