- The report contains detailed information about Matrix Service Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Matrix Service Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Matrix Service Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Matrix Service Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Matrix Service Co. business.
About Matrix Service Co.
Matrix Service Company provides construction services, and repair and maintenance services primarily to the energy and energy related industries in the United States and Canada.
The company is licensed to operate in all 50 states and in 4 Canadian provinces. It has regional operating facilities in California, Delaware, Illinois, Michigan, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Texas, and Washington in the United States; and in Ontario, Alberta, and New Brunswick in Canada.
The company operates in two segments that include the Construction Services segment, and the Repair and Maintenance Services segment.
Construction Services segment: The Construction Services Segment provides turnkey and specialty construction to a range of industrial and energy sector clients. Its scope of services includes civil/structural, mechanical, piping, electrical, instrumentation, millwrighting, and fabrication. These services are provided for projects of varying complexities, schedule durations, and budgets.
Repair and Maintenance Services segment: The Repair and Maintenance Services Segment encompasses a range of routine, preventative, and emergency repair and maintenances services.
The company, within its two operating segments, serves four primary markets, including aboveground storage tanks; downstream petroleum; electrical and instrumentation; and specialty.
Aboveground Storage Tanks
The company offers engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction (EPFC) services for the bulk storage / terminal industry, as well as the refining, petrochemical, pipeline, and power industries. It is an aboveground storage tanks (AST) constructor in North America. It offers cone roof tanks, dome roof tanks, open top floating roof tanks, geodesic domes, and specialty tanks. As a general contractor, the company offers a single point of contact, with the capability to perform the civil and site preparation, foundations, liners, mechanical, piping, structural, tank design, engineering, fabrication, and construction.
The company provides tank repair and maintenance services in the United States. AST repair and maintenance services include replacements/repairs to tank bottoms, shells, nozzles, roof structures, steel floating roofs, seals and manways for tanks of various sizes. It provides tank cleaning, foundation repair/replacement and tank relocation utilizing air lifting technology.
Downstream Petroleum: The companys construction experience in the downstream petroleum market includes refineries, pipelines, petrochemical plants, and gas facilities. This includes construction work, renovations, upgrades, and expansion projects. Repair and maintenance services for the downstream petroleum industry are classified as either refinery maintenance or turnarounds.
Electrical and Instrumentation: The companys product offerings include electrical construction, instrumentation, and control systems. It serves a range of industries, including power generation, refining, petrochemical, and heavy industrial. In addition to ground-up construction, its management and technical teams perform expansion projects, critical path turnarounds, emergency response, and staff augmentation services.
The company installs instrumentation and control systems. This service includes instrument calibration and installation, loop checks, commissioning, and start-up. Electrical and instrumentation repair and maintenance services include routine and preventative maintenance, emergency response, and outage support for various industries, including power, petroleum, and petrochemical.
Liquefied Natural Gas/Industrial Gas Projects/Liquefied Petroleum Gas: The company engineers, fabricates, and constructs refrigerated and cryogenic liquefied gas storage tanks for the storage of ammonia, butane, carbon dioxide, ethane, methane, argon, nitrogen, oxygen, propane, and other products. These tanks are utilized by the chemical, petrochemical and gas industries.
Specialty Tanks and Vessels: The companys specialty tank and vessel expertise includes aerobic/anaerobic digesters, clarifiers, egg shaped digesters, spheres, petroleum scrubbers/absorbers, flare tips, thermal vacuum chambers and other pressure vessels. These tanks and vessels are used throughout the petroleum, chemical, power, aerospace and waste water industries.
Power Projects: The companys construction service offerings for the power industry include stacks, stack liners, ducting, scrubbers, absorbers, and waste to energy facilities. Repair and maintenance services include providing repair, maintenance, and outage services for the power industry. Its onsite maintenance services include routine maintenance such as cleaning fans, changing lube oil coolers and maintaining gas turbines, heat recovery steam generators and other equipment. It also provides turbine disassembly, inspection, and repair.
Fabrication: The company provides large scale fabrication services for its operating units and directly for its customers throughout the United States and Canada. Its fabrication facilities involve in steel plate, structural steel and vessel fabrication utilizing carbon steels, stainless steels and specialty alloy materials. The companys major fabrication facility is centrally located in the United States. This facility has the capacity to fabricate new tanks, new tank components, and maintenance, retrofit and repair parts, including fixed roofs, floating roofs, seal assemblies, shell plate, and tank appurtenances.
The company performs services for major integrated oil companies, independent petroleum refiners, and pipeline, terminal and marketing companies. It also performs services for power companies, engineering firms, general contractors, and petrochemical and industrial gas companies. Its major customers include PSEG; BP PLC; and Chevron Corp.
Matrix Service Company was founded in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MATRIX SERVICE CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MATRIX SERVICE CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MATRIX SERVICE CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MATRIX SERVICE CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MATRIX SERVICE CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Matrix Service Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Matrix Service Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Matrix Service Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Matrix Service Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Matrix Service Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. MATRIX SERVICE CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MATRIX SERVICE CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MATRIX SERVICE CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MATRIX SERVICE CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MATRIX SERVICE CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MATRIX SERVICE CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Matrix Service Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Matrix Service Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Matrix Service Co. Major Shareholders
Matrix Service Co. History
Matrix Service Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Matrix Service Co. Offices and Representations
Matrix Service Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Matrix Service Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Matrix Service Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Matrix Service Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Matrix Service Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Matrix Service Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Matrix Service Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Matrix Service Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Matrix Service Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Matrix Service Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Matrix Service Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Matrix Service Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?