- The report contains detailed information about Laser Energetics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Laser Energetics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Laser Energetics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Laser Energetics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Laser Energetics Inc. business.
About Laser Energetics Inc.
Laser Energetics, Inc., development stage laser technology company, provides laser-based products and services. The companys products include solid state BrightStar Alexandrite laser products and PSLM laser system products. Its services include laser applications and process development services, and its laser contract manufacturing services.
The company provides an ultraviolet laser marking service for marking surface mounted devices manufactured by microelectronics companies. Surface mounted devices are found in almost every electronic device, ranging from stereos, VCRs, camcorders, pagers, and cellular telephones to missiles, medical devices, watches, and satellites.
The companys product line consists primarily of solid state lasers. These lasers are both flashlamp pumped and diode pumped (excitation source). Diode Pumped Solid State Lasers (DPSS) use semiconductor lasers to pump a specific type of laser crystal to produce a laser beam.
The company manufactures various types of DPSS lasers for different applications including semiconductor inspection; advanced packaging and interconnects; repair, test and measurement; computer-to-plate printing; writing data to master disks; entertainment; photo finishing: marking, welding, engraving, cutting and drilling; drug discovery; forensics; laser doppler velocimetry; bio-agent detection; medical; rapid prototyping; DNA sequencing; flow cytometry; laser pumping and spectroscopy.
The companys business segments are focused on various areas of the photonics market, including: military and homeland security markets, medical original equipment manufacturer (OEM) applications, graphic arts and display, materials processing, scientific research and government programs, and OEM components and instrumentation.
The company holds 10 laser related patents on Alexandrite laser technology. Its product line consists of lasers targeted at niche applications in industrial, scientific, medical, military and government markets.
Other potential applications are in the medical field, such as hair and tattoo removal, lithotripsy, dentistry, cancer treatment (PDT), ophthalmology, and dermatology applications.
Military - Homeland Security & Government Applications
The companys products are being developed to be used in various non-lethal laser applications that address military and homeland security needs. Those applications include laser dazzlers, both man portable in a pistol form and rifle form, and vehicle portable - helicopter based or wheeled/tracked vehicle based versions. Applications for remote sensing of chemical, biological and explosives detection are also being developed. Its systems could be deployed to guard military facilities, major gatherings of people, sporting events, or vital infrastructure components such as subways, airports, or industrial hubs.
Research & Development & Manufacturing Applications
The companys high-energy flash lamp-pumped Alexandrite lasers offer the tuning range for spectroscopy applications. Its major scientific applications include biological - atomic and molecular spectroscopy, solid state and semiconductor studies, chemistry (Time-resolved and Raman spectroscopy for remote sensing) and engineering (material processing, metrology).
The companys lasers are particularly useful in manufacturing products which require fine precision and small feature sizes, such as semiconductor and microelectronic devices where beam shape and delivered power are important. Its new diode pumped Alexandrite lasers would provide semiconductor equipment manufacturers a greater wavelength range to address different materials processing applications such as mask writing, wafer inspection, mask repair and packaging processes for their semiconductor manufacturing systems.
The companys developments in green and blue lasers as well as red lasers from other companies are helping it to combine red, green & blue lasers for applications in laser displays replacing ion guns found in televisions. The company is developing a RGB (red, green, blue) laser source which can be affordable to manufacture for TV displays, and scalable for billboard displays.
The companys lasers produce smaller, cleaner holes than conventional cutting tools, and laser beams do not wear down from use, as do conventional drills. Its lasers are being used in scribing, machining and drilling microelectronic materials and components and in microelectronics manufacturing to adjust electronic components. It is developing compact low to medium power lasers specifically for the growing area of nonmetals processing and micromachining as well as laser marking.
The company is developing a product line of conductively air cooled flashlamp pumped Alexandrite lasers to be marketed to medical laser companies in end-user applications such as ophthalmology, tattoo removal, dentistry, and photo acoustic imaging diagnostic systems.
The companys services include both its laser applications and process development services, and its laser contract manufacturing services.
Laser Applications and Process Development Services: The company works with customers in evaluating the feasibility of using its laser technology to assist them with marking, cleaning, cutting, drilling, surface modifying, etching or scribing their components or materials.
Laser Contract Manufacturing Services: The company has primarily focused on its laser marking service which is dedicated to marking ceramic chip capacitors and resistors (surface mounted devices, or SMDs).
The company markets its products in Europe, Japan and other Asia-Pacific countries.
The companys competitors include Coherent, Inc., Electro Scientific Industries, Inc., Excel Technology, Inc. and Light Age, Inc.
Laser Energetics, Inc. was founded in 1991.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LASER ENERGETICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LASER ENERGETICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LASER ENERGETICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LASER ENERGETICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LASER ENERGETICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Laser Energetics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Laser Energetics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Laser Energetics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Laser Energetics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Laser Energetics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LASER ENERGETICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LASER ENERGETICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LASER ENERGETICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LASER ENERGETICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LASER ENERGETICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LASER ENERGETICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Laser Energetics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Laser Energetics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Laser Energetics Inc. Major Shareholders
Laser Energetics Inc. History
Laser Energetics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Laser Energetics Inc. Offices and Representations
Laser Energetics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Laser Energetics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Laser Energetics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Laser Energetics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Laser Energetics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Laser Energetics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Laser Energetics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Laser Energetics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Laser Energetics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Laser Energetics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Laser Energetics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Laser Energetics Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?