- The report contains detailed information about Kunlun Energy Company Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Kunlun Energy Company Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Kunlun Energy Company Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Kunlun Energy Company Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Kunlun Energy Company Limited business.
About Kunlun Energy Company Limited
CNPC (Hong Kong) Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas in the Peoples Republic of China (PRC), the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Sultanate of Oman, Peru, the Kingdom of Thailand, the Azerbaijan Republic and the Republic of Indonesia.
The oil operations in the PRC and Azerbaijan are conducted through production sharing arrangements with PetroChina and a third party. The company has three production sharing arrangements in the PRC and Azerbaijan.
The Peoples Republic of China
Liaohe Leng Jiapu Oil Field: The company engages in the development of Leng Jiapu Oil Field in the PRC. It engages in the exploration, drilling and construction of ground production facilities.
Xinjiang Karamay Oil Field: The company engages in the development of Xinjiang Karamay Oil Field in the PRC. It produces crude oil through its Xinjiang Contract.
The Republic of Kazakhstan (Kazakhstan)
Zhanazhol, Kenkyak (pre-salt) and Kenkyak (post-salt) Oil Fields: The company indirectly owns 15.07% equity interest in CNPC-Aktobemunaigas Joint Stock Company (Aktobe) through holding 60% equity interest in CNPC International (Caspian) Limited. Aktobe owns the Zhanazhol, Kenkyak (pre-salt) and Kenkyak (post-salt) oil fields in Kazakhstan. As of 31 December 2008, the company's share of crude oil reserves was 62,939,000 barrels.
The Kingdom of Thailand (Thailand)
L21/43 Concession: The company has the right to carry out oil exploration in the L21/43 concession located next to Sukhothai Concession.
Talara Oil Field: The company holds 50% interest in the right to explore and produce oil and natural gas in Blocks VI and VII of the Talara Oil Field in Peru.
Blocks 111/113: The company has an agreement with Perupetro, a company wholly owned by the Peruvian Government, in relation to conducting exploration in Zones 111 and 113 of Madre de Dios, located in Southeast Peru.
The Sultanate of Oman (Oman)
Block 5: The company holds 25% interest in the Block 5 oil field in Oman.
Bengara II: The company acquired 70% interests in Continental-GeoPetro (Bengara-II) Limited (CGB II) from an independent third party in 2006. CGB II has interests in the oil and gas properties of Bengara II Production Contract Area in East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The Azerbaijan Republic (Azerbaijan)
Kursangi and Karabagli Oil Field (K&K): The company owns 25% interest in K&K in Azerbaijan.
Gobustan Oil Field: The company holds 31.41% equity interest in Commonwealth Gobustan Limited (CGL). CGL owns 80% of participating interest in an oil field in the Southwest of Gobustan, Azerbaijan.
PRC manufacturing business
Steel pipes factory was set up by the company with North China Petroleum Administration Bureau. The Steel Pipes Factory produces steel pipes to meet market demand. The Steel Pipes Factory has set up a branch factory in Yangzhou Hanjiang Industrial Park, the PRC.
Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP) Project and CPP Project: The BOPP film factory is jointly established by the company with Daqing Petroleum Administrative Bureau.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KUNLUN ENERGY COMPANY LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KUNLUN ENERGY COMPANY LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KUNLUN ENERGY COMPANY LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KUNLUN ENERGY COMPANY LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KUNLUN ENERGY COMPANY LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Kunlun Energy Company Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Kunlun Energy Company Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Kunlun Energy Company Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Kunlun Energy Company Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Kunlun Energy Company Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. KUNLUN ENERGY COMPANY LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KUNLUN ENERGY COMPANY LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KUNLUN ENERGY COMPANY LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HONG KONG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KUNLUN ENERGY COMPANY LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KUNLUN ENERGY COMPANY LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KUNLUN ENERGY COMPANY LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Kunlun Energy Company Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Kunlun Energy Company Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Kunlun Energy Company Limited Major Shareholders
Kunlun Energy Company Limited History
Kunlun Energy Company Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Kunlun Energy Company Limited Offices and Representations
Kunlun Energy Company Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Kunlun Energy Company Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Kunlun Energy Company Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Kunlun Energy Company Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Kunlun Energy Company Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Kunlun Energy Company Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Kunlun Energy Company Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Kunlun Energy Company Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Kunlun Energy Company Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Kunlun Energy Company Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Kunlun Energy Company Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Kunlun Energy Company Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?