- The report contains detailed information about II-VI Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for II-VI Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The II-VI Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes II-VI Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of II-VI Inc. business.
About II-VI Inc.
II-VI Incorporated engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of materials and derivative precision components and products for use in industrial, military, telecommunications, medical, and aerospace applications.
The company develops, manufactures, refines, and markets infrared and near-infrared laser optical elements, military infrared optical components, selenium and tellurium metals and chemicals, thermoelectric cooling and power generation solutions, and single crystal silicon carbide (SiC) substrates.
Infrared Optics: The company supplies a line of precision infrared optical components, such as lenses, output couplers, windows and mirrors for use in CO2 lasers. Its precision optical components are used to attenuate the amount of laser energy, improve the properties of the laser beam and focus and direct laser beams to a target work surface. The optical components include both reflective and transmissive optics and are made from materials, such as ZnSe, copper, silicon, gallium arsenide and germanium. Transmissive optics used with CO 2 lasers are predominately made from ZnSe. The company supplies replacement optics to end users of CO2 lasers. The company serves the aftermarket via a combination of selling to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and selling directly to end system users.
One Micron Laser Components: The company supplies a range of tools for laser materials processing, including modular laser processing heads for fiber lasers, YAG lasers, and other one micron laser systems. It also manufactures beam delivery systems, including fiber optic cables and modular beam systems.
Near-Infrared Optics: The company manufactures products across a range, including UV, Visible, and Near-Infrared. It offers various standard and custom laser gain materials, optics and assemblies for military, medical, industrial, telecommunication, scientific, and research and development laser systems. It manufactures waveplates, polarizers, lenses, prisms, and mirrors for visible and near-infrared applications, which are used to control or alter visible or near-infrared energy and its polarization. In addition, it manufactures coated windows used as debris shields in the industrial and medical laser aftermarkets. For its telecommunications market, the company offers micro optics and photonic crystal parts for optical communications components, optical and photonic crystal parts for instrumentation and laser applications, optical communication components and functional modules for optical communications and DPSS laser for optical instruments, display and biotechnology. The companys Near-Infrared Optics segment also produces components for UV Filters used in early warning missile detection.
Military Infrared Optics: The company offers optics and optical subassemblies for military infrared systems, including thermal imaging, night vision, targeting, and navigation systems. Its product offering is comprised of missile domes, electro-optical windows and subassemblies, imaging lenses and other components. The companys precision optical products utilize infrared optical materials, such as Sapphire, Germanium, Zinc Sulfide, Zinc Selenide, Silicon, and Aluminum Oxynitride. In addition, its products also include visible materials and fused silica. Its products are utilized on the F-16 fighter jet, Apache Attack Helicopter, Joint Strike Fighter and ground vehicles, such as the Abrams M-1 Tank, and Bradley Fighting Vehicle.
Material Processing and Refinement: The companys product offering includes selenium and tellurium metals and chemicals in various purity levels and forms.
Thermoelectric Coolers: The company supplies a range of thermoelectric modules and related assemblies to various market segments. In the defense market, thermoelectric coolers (TECs) are used in guidance systems, smart weapons and night vision systems, as well as soldier cooling. TECs are also used in products providing temperature stabilization for telecommunication lasers that generate and amplify optical signals for fiber optic communication systems. It also produces and sells various solutions from thermoelectric compo
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. II-VI INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. II-VI INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. II-VI INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. II-VI INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. II-VI INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. II-VI Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of II-VI Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of II-VI Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. II-VI Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. II-VI Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. II-VI INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. II-VI INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. II-VI INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. II-VI INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. II-VI INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. II-VI INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
II-VI Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
II-VI Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
II-VI Inc. Major Shareholders
II-VI Inc. History
II-VI Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
II-VI Inc. Offices and Representations
II-VI Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
II-VI Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
II-VI Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
II-VI Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
II-VI Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
II-VI Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
II-VI Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
II-VI Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
II-VI Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
II-VI Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
II-VI Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
II-VI Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?