- The report contains detailed information about SKF AB that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SKF AB. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SKF AB financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SKF AB competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SKF AB business.
About SKF AB
SKF AB supplies products, solutions and services within rolling bearings, seals, mechatronics, services and lubrication systems. The companys services include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring and training.
The company has approximately 100 factories in around 25 countries. Roller bearings, bearing units and seals for the automotive and industrial OEM producers and for the aftermarket are produced in Europe, North America and Asia. Linear motion products and machine tools are made in Europe and Asia.
The company operates mainly through three divisions, each focusing on specific customer groups worldwide.
The Industrial Division serves industrial Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers with product development and production of a range of bearings such as spherical and cylindrical roller bearings, angular contact ball bearings, medium deep groove ball bearings and high precision bearings lubrication systems, linear motion products, by-wire systems and couplings. The SKF industrial market is divided into approximately 30 customer segments.
The Service Division serves the global industrial aftermarket, mainly via a network of approximately 7,000 distributors, providing products and knowledge-based services. Solutions include consulting, mechanical services, predictive and preventive maintenance, condition monitoring, decision-support systems and performance-based contracts. The division is also responsible for all SKFs sales in certain smaller markets. SKF Logistics Services supplies logistics services to the SKF Group and external customers.
The Automotive Division serves manufacturers of cars, light trucks, heavy trucks, buses, two-wheelers and the vehicle service market. In addition it also serves the market for household appliances, power tools and electric motors. The division develops and manufactures bearings, seals and related products and service solutions. Products include wheel hub bearing units, tapered roller bearings, small deep groove ball bearings, seals, specialist automotive products and complete repair kits for the vehicle service market, including a range of drive shafts and constant velocity joints.
Bearings and units
QPM Aerospaces metallic rod business: QPM produces metallic rods, used in aerospace applications such as mechanism actuation, airplane structures and equipment suspensions. The company has its manufacturing site in Monroe, close to Seattle, USA, and is a supplier to Boeing and also qualified for supplies to Airbus.
PEER Bearing Company: PEER Bearing Company primarily serves certain segments on the North American market. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the SKF Group and operates independently on the market under the brand PEER. The acquired manufacturing plants are located in China and Thailand.
GLO s.r.I: GLO mainly manufactures constant velocity joints and drive shafts. The acquisition broadens SKFs existing product range and presence, primarily in the vehicle aftermarket in Europe. The company is located in Poggio Rusco, in the Mantova region of north-east Italy.
Cirval S.A.: Cirval S.A. specializes in design, manufacturing and sales of centralized lubrication systems. The company provides engineering, product development and customized solutions, particularly for the steel industry.
The company sold the operating assets of Roller Bearing Industries, INC, USA to Greenbrier Companies USA, a supplier of transportation equipment and services to the railway industry. Roller Bearing Industries was a part of Industrial Division.
The company supplies to industrial original equipment manufacturers that produce different types of industrial products such as pumps, fans, compressors, motors, gearboxes, machine tools, paper machines, steel mills, printing presses, and windmills. It also serves the aerospace industry, including manufacturers of engines and gearboxes for fixed wing aircraft and helicopters, as well as maintenance, repair and overhaul suppliers. The company also supplies the railway industry which includes both the manufacturers of normal trains, high speed trains, passenger carriages, freight carriages, railway component and system suppliers and repair workshops.
The companys another customer group is original equipment manufacturers of products made in higher volumes. These customers include manufacturers of cars, trucks, two-wheelers, automotive components, household appliances and small electric motors.
SKF AB was founded in 1907.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SKF AB COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SKF AB BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SKF AB SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SKF AB FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SKF AB COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SKF AB Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SKF AB and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SKF AB and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SKF AB Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SKF AB Industry Position Analysis
6. SKF AB NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SKF AB EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SKF AB ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWEDEN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SKF AB IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SKF AB PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SKF AB VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SKF AB Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SKF AB Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SKF AB Major Shareholders
SKF AB History
SKF AB Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SKF AB Offices and Representations
SKF AB SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SKF AB Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SKF AB Capital Market Snapshot
SKF AB Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
SKF AB Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SKF AB Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SKF AB Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SKF AB 1-year Stock Charts
SKF AB 5-year Stock Charts
SKF AB vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SKF AB vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SKF AB Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?