- The report contains detailed information about Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Gulf Island Fabrication Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. business.
About Gulf Island Fabrication Inc.
Gulf Island Fabrication, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a fabricator of offshore drilling and production platforms, hull and deck sections of floating production platforms and other specialized structures used in the development and production of offshore crude oil and natural gas reserves.
The company has a fabrication yard on the Houma Navigation Canal in southern Louisiana, approximately 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. Its Houma facilities are located on 630 acres, of which 283 are developed for fabrication activities with 347 acres available for future expansion.
The companys primary activity is the fabrication of offshore drilling and production platforms, including jackets and deck sections of fixed production platforms, hull, tendon, and/or deck sections of floating production platforms (such as tension leg platforms (TLPs), SPARs, and floating production storage and offloading vessels (FPSOs)), piles, wellhead protectors, subsea templates and various production, compressor, and utility modules. The company also produces and repairs pressure vessels used in the oil and gas industry, refurbishes existing platforms, fabricates various other types of steel structures, and fabricates living quarters for installation on such platforms ranging in size from 4 to 250 beds, provides onshore and offshore scaffolding and piping insulation services, performs heavy lifts, such as ship integration and TLP module integration, load and offload jack-up drilling rigs, semi-submersible drilling rigs, TLPs, SPARs, or other similar cargo. The companys Dry Dock has the capacity to lift 9,000 tons and is used for maintenance and repairs to third party marine vessels, as well as to launch vessels being fabricated at its facilities.
The company is capable of fabricating multiple processing modules to be installed in petro-chemical plants. It provides its customers with various fabrication facilities on the Gulf of Mexico. Its marine division can fabricate towboats, barges, lift boats, and mid-body sections for offshore supply vessels. The companys Dry Dock has the capacity to lift 9,000 tons and is used for maintenance and repairs to third party marine vessels, as well as to launch vessels being fabricated at its facilities.
The company, through Gulf Island and Gulf Marine, fabricates the structural components of fixed platforms. It can also fabricate TLPs and sections of, or structures and tendons used in connection with TLPs. TLPs consist of a deck that sits atop one or more column-shaped hulls, which are positioned on site with vertical tendons running from the hulls to the seabed. The tendons hold the hulls partially submerged and are highly tensioned using the buoyancy of the hulls. This system develops a restoring force against wave, wind and actions in proportion to the lateral displacement of the vessel.
The company can fabricate deck sections and hulls for use with TLPs of any size. TLPs and other floating concepts are the alternatives of choice for deepwater drilling and production platforms, and the company participates in the continued expansion into the deepwater areas. In addition, the company fabricates piles and other rolled goods, templates, bridges for connecting offshore platforms, wellhead protectors, various production, compressor and utility modules and other structures used in offshore oil and gas production and development activities. Its products are installed by marine construction contractors.
Through Dolphin Services, the company also provides interconnect piping services on offshore platforms, inshore steel and wood structure construction, fabrication of pressure vessels and large and small packaged skid units, and steel warehousing and sales. Interconnect piping services involve sending employee crews to offshore platforms that have been installed in the Gulf of Mexico to perform welding and other activities required to connect production equipment, service modules and other equipment to a platform prior to its becoming operational. Dolphin Services also contracts with oil and gas companies that have platforms and other structures located in the inland lakes and bays throughout the Southeast for various on-site construction and maintenance activities. At its existing facility located a quarter of a mile from the Gulf Island main yard, Dolphin Services can fabricate jackets approximately 100 feet tall, along with decks and other steel structures. Dolphin Services has also been active in the refurbishment of existing platforms. Dolphin Services also serves state and local governments with various municipal and drainage projects, such as pump stations, levee reinforcement, bulkheads, and other levee and drainage projects.
The companys customers are primarily major and independent oil and gas exploration and production companies. Its major customers include Bluewater Industries, Inc. and Eni US Operating Co. Inc.
The companys domestic competitors include J. Ray McDermott, S.A. and Kiewit Offshore Services.
Gulf Island Fabrication, Inc. was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GULF ISLAND FABRICATION INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GULF ISLAND FABRICATION INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GULF ISLAND FABRICATION INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GULF ISLAND FABRICATION INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GULF ISLAND FABRICATION INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GULF ISLAND FABRICATION INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GULF ISLAND FABRICATION INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GULF ISLAND FABRICATION INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GULF ISLAND FABRICATION INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GULF ISLAND FABRICATION INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GULF ISLAND FABRICATION INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. Major Shareholders
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. History
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. Offices and Representations
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?