- The report contains detailed information about GeoGlobal Resources Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for GeoGlobal Resources Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The GeoGlobal Resources Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes GeoGlobal Resources Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of GeoGlobal Resources Inc. business.
About GeoGlobal Resources Inc.
GeoGlobal Resources Inc., a development stage company, engages in the exploration and development of oil and natural gas reserves in India.
The company and its joint participants have been granted exploration rights pursuant to Production Sharing Contracts (PSC) that it has entered into with the Government of India. These areas include the Krishna Godavari Basin offshore and onshore in the State of Andhra Pradesh in eastern India; the Cambay Basin onshore in the State of Gujarat in western India; the Deccan Syneclise Basin onshore in the State of Maharashtra in west central India; and the Rajasthan Basin onshore in the State of Rajasthan in north western India.
Krishna Godavari Basin Agreements
KG Offshore Block PSC: The company, along with joint venture partners Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Limited (GSPC) and Jubilant Offshore Drilling Pvt. Ltd. are parties to a PSC, which grants to the three parties the right to conduct exploratory drilling activities in the offshore waters of the Krishna Godavari Basin. The PSC covers an area of approximately 1,850 square kilometers (457,145 acres). The company has a net 5% carried interest in this exploration block.
KG Onshore Block PSC: The company, along with joint venture partner Oil India Limited are parties to a PSC. The PSC covers an area of approximately 549 square kilometers (135,660 acres) onshore in the Krishna Godavari Basin, is located directly adjacent to and south-west of KG Offshore Block and was awarded under NELP-VI. The company holds a 10% participating interest in this exploration block, while Oil India Limited, as operator, holds the remaining 90% participating interest.
KG Offshore Activities: As of December 31, 2009, four wells (KG#19, KG#32, KG#21 & KG#33) completed drilling, were tested. 1 well (KG#20SS) commenced drilling and was drilled to a depth of 4,800 meters and is being tested.
KG Onshore Activities: The companys 3-D seismic acquisition program is planned to cover approximately 548 square kilometers with approximately 400 square kilometers of full-fold data.
Cambay Basin Agreements
Tarapur Block Agreement: The company owns a 20% participating interest in the onshore Tarapur Block in the Cambay Basin.
As of March 30, 2010, GSPC, as operator, has acquired a total of 750 square kilometers of 3D seismic on the Tarapur Block. Activities in 2009, in the Tarapur North, Tarapur South and The Tarapur 1 Discovery Area on the block include the drilling of 35 wells, of which 4 were drilled in 2009 in the Tarapur 1 Discovery Area.
Sanand/Miroli Block PSC: The company with its joint venture partners GSPC, Jubilant Offshore Drilling Pvt. Ltd. and Prize Petroleum Company Limited have a PSC with respect to this onshore Sanand/Miroli Block. This PSC covers an area of approximately 285 square kilometers (70,425 acres). It holds a 10% participating interest, GSPC, who is the operator, holds a 55% participating interest, Jubilant Offshore Drilling Pvt. Ltd. holds a 20% participating interest with the remaining 15% held by Prize Petroleum Company Limited.
Ankleshwar Block PSC: The company with its joint venture participants GSPC, Jubilant Offshore Drilling Pvt. Ltd., and GAIL (India) Ltd. signed a PSC with respect to this onshore Ankleshwar Block. This PSC covers an area of approximately 448 square kilometers (110,703 acres). It holds a 10% participating interest, GSPC is the operator and holds a 50% participating interest, Jubilant Offshore Drilling Pvt. Ltd. holds a 20% participating interest and the remaining 20% is held by GAIL (India) Ltd.
Mehsana Block PSC: The company, along with its joint venture partners GSPC and Jubilant Offshore Drilling Pvt. Ltd., have a PSC with respect to this onshore Mehsana Block. This PSC covers an area of approximately 125 square kilometers (30,888 acres). It holds a 10% participating interest, GSPC holds a 60% participating interest, and Jubilant Offshore Drilling Pvt. Ltd., who is the operator, holds the remaining 30%. As of March 30, 2010, Jubilant Offshore Drilling Pvt. Ltd. as operator has completed, processed and interpreted a 235 square kilometer onshore 3D seismic acquisition program, reprocessed 650 line kilometers of 2D seismic data and has completed a geochemical survey.
Deccan Syneclise Basin Agreements
DS 03 Block PSC: The company has a PSC with respect to this onshore DS 03 Block. The PSC covers an area of approximately 3,155 square kilometers (779,618 acres). It holds a 100% participating interest in this block and is the operator.
DS 04 Block PSC: The company has a PSC with respect to this onshore DS 04 Block. The PSC covers an area of approximately 2,649 square kilometers (654,582 acres). The company holds a 100% participating interest in this block and is the operator.
Rajasthan Basin Agreements
RJ Block 20 PSC: The company, along with its joint venture partner, Oil India Limited, signed a PSC with respect to this onshore RJ Block 20. The PSC covers an area of approximately 2,196 square kilometers (542,643 acres). It holds a 25% participating interest in this block with Oil India Limited as operator holding the remaining 75% participating interest.
RJ Block 21 PSC: The company, along with its joint venture partners, Oil India Limited and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited signed a PSC with respect to this onshore RJ Block 21. The PSC covers an area of approximately 1,330 square kilometers (328,650 acres). It holds a 25% participating interest in this block, Oil India Limited as operator holds a 60% participating interest and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited holds the remaining 15%.
Oil and Gas Exploration and Drilling Activities
As of December 31, 2009, the company has participated through joint ventures in which it is a party in the commencement of drilling 91 wells. Of these 91 wells, 16 wells have been drilled in the Krishna Godavari Basin on the KG Offshore Block, and the remaining 78 wells have been drilled in the Cambay Basin.
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. was founded in 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GEOGLOBAL RESOURCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GEOGLOBAL RESOURCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GEOGLOBAL RESOURCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GEOGLOBAL RESOURCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GEOGLOBAL RESOURCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. GeoGlobal Resources Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of GeoGlobal Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of GeoGlobal Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. GeoGlobal Resources Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. GeoGlobal Resources Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GEOGLOBAL RESOURCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GEOGLOBAL RESOURCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GEOGLOBAL RESOURCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GEOGLOBAL RESOURCES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GEOGLOBAL RESOURCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GEOGLOBAL RESOURCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. Major Shareholders
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. History
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. Offices and Representations
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
GeoGlobal Resources Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?