- The report contains detailed information about EnerNorth Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EnerNorth Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EnerNorth Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EnerNorth Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EnerNorth Industries Inc. business.
About EnerNorth Industries Inc.
EnerNorth Industries, Inc. engages in the investment in, exploration, development, and production of oil and gas in the Canadian provinces.
The company holds oil and gas interests located in the Canadian Provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Ontario, directly and indirectly through its wholly owned Alberta subsidiary Great Northern Oil & Gas Inc. (Great Northern) or through other joint venture partners.
The company, through its wholly owned subsidiary, EPS Karnataka Power Corp., (EPS Karnataka), owns 97% interest in Euro India Power Canara Limited, a company incorporated in India (EIPCL), which has a Power Purchase Agreement with the Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited (formerly the Karnataka Electricity Board) of the State of Karnataka, India.
The Companys producing properties and properties to which the Company has an interest are located in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Ontario, Canada.
Farrow Area, Alberta: The company has 100% working interest in 320 net acres located in Township 19 Range 24 W4M and an oil well 8-26-29-24 W4M producing from the Glauconite formation. In addition, the company has a 33.33% interest in 640 gross acres and a natural gas well at 10-35-19-24 W4M.
Buick Creek Area, North East British Columbia: As of June 30, 2006, the company drilled a natural gas development well (C-011-E/94-A-15) to the Doig formation and earned 75% working interest in the well and 16 spacing units from base Baldonnel to base Artex-Halfway-Doig. The company also drilled a natural gas exploratory well (B-064-E/94-A-15) to the Baldonnel formation and earned 75% working interest in the well and 12 spacing units from surface to base Baldonnel. The company participated in drilling two more 25% working interest exploratory gas wells (D-019-F/94-A-15 and B-046-E/94-A-15) and earned a 25% working interest in 16 spacing units from surface to base Baldonnel.
The company sold 50% working interest in two standing wells and 16 spacing units from base Baldonnel to base Artex-Halfway-Doig and 12 spacing units from surface to base Baldonnel and 10% working interest in two standing wells and 16 spacing units from surface to base Baldonnel. Under an Area of Mutual Interest Agreement dated in August 2006 the company participated in drilling 7.5% working interest in the well (B-13-E/94-A-15) and earned 7.5% working interest in the well and 12 spacing units. The company also participated in the tie in B-046-E/94-A-15 for its 15% working interest.
Sibbald Area, Alberta: The company has a working interest in 7,040 gross acres located in Townships 28 and 29, Range 2 W4M. As of June 30, 2006, the company entered into a 50% Joint Exploration Agreement, including an area of mutual interest encompassing nine townships of lands in the Sibbald Area (excluding the Companys working interest lands) to further acquire, develop and explore this area. The company and its partners acquired 1,280 gross acres of land and drilled a Belly River formation natural gas test well (50% net working interest to the Company). During February 2006, the company farmed out its 50% working interest in 640 gross acres of land to a third party who drilled a natural gas test well to the Belly River formation. The company has a 7.5% gross overriding royalty in this well that is pending tie in.
Cherhill Area, Alberta: During June 2006, the company exercised its Right of First refusal and acquired 30% before payout interest and 18% after payout interest in a producing gas well 13-10-57-5 W5M and 115.2 net acres of land in the Cherhill area of Alberta.
Brock Area, Saskatchewan: As of June 30, 2006, the company acquired Sawn Lake and Great Northern Oil, holds 20% working interest 19,549 gross acres of land and a producing Viking Sand natural gas unit located in Townships 27 and 28 Range 20 and 21 W3M in Brock, Saskatchewan.
Olds Davey Area, Alberta: The company has a working interest in 1,760 gross acres located in Township 33 Range 28, W4M and Township 34 Range 1 W5M. As of June 30, 2006, the company participated in drilling 12.5% working interest Viking formation gas well.
Bigstone & Ka
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ENERNORTH INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ENERNORTH INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ENERNORTH INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ENERNORTH INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ENERNORTH INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EnerNorth Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EnerNorth Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EnerNorth Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EnerNorth Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EnerNorth Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ENERNORTH INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ENERNORTH INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ENERNORTH INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ENERNORTH INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ENERNORTH INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ENERNORTH INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EnerNorth Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EnerNorth Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EnerNorth Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
EnerNorth Industries Inc. History
EnerNorth Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EnerNorth Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
EnerNorth Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EnerNorth Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EnerNorth Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
EnerNorth Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
EnerNorth Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EnerNorth Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EnerNorth Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EnerNorth Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
EnerNorth Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
EnerNorth Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EnerNorth Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EnerNorth Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?