- The report contains detailed information about Cloud Peak Energy Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cloud Peak Energy Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cloud Peak Energy Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cloud Peak Energy Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cloud Peak Energy Inc. business.
About Cloud Peak Energy Inc.
Cloud Peak Energy Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in coal mining operations in the Powder River Basin (PRB) of the United States.
The company operates solely in the PRB. Two of the mines the company operates are located in Wyoming and one is located in Montana. It also owns a 50% non-operating interest in the Decker mine, which is located in Montana and operated by a third-party mine operator. It owns all of the equipment utilized in its mining operations, excluding the Decker mine. The company produces sub-bituminous steam coal with low sulfur content and sells its coal primarily to domestic electric utilities, supplying approximately 70 customers with approximately 100 domestic plants. The company holds a 50% joint venture interest in the Decker Coal Company.
The Antelope mine is located in the southern end of the PRB approximately 60 miles south of Gillette, Wyoming.
Cordero Rojo Mine
The Cordero Rojo mine is located approximately 25 miles south of Gillette, Wyoming. The mine extracts steam coal from the Wyodak Seam, which ranges from approximately 55 to 70 feet in thickness.
Spring Creek Mine
The Spring Creek mine is located in Montana approximately 35 miles north of Sheridan, Wyoming.
The Decker mine is located immediately to the southeast of Spring Creek in Big Horn County, Montana. The company owns a non-operating 50% interest in the mine.
The companys major customer is NRG Texas Power LLC.
As of December 31, 2009, the company controlled approximately 1.0 billion tons of proven and probable coal reserves.
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CLOUD PEAK ENERGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CLOUD PEAK ENERGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CLOUD PEAK ENERGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CLOUD PEAK ENERGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CLOUD PEAK ENERGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cloud Peak Energy Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cloud Peak Energy Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CLOUD PEAK ENERGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CLOUD PEAK ENERGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CLOUD PEAK ENERGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CLOUD PEAK ENERGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CLOUD PEAK ENERGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CLOUD PEAK ENERGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Major Shareholders
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. History
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Offices and Representations
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?