- The report contains detailed information about Broadwind Energy, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Broadwind Energy, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Broadwind Energy, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Broadwind Energy, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Broadwind Energy, Inc. business.
About Broadwind Energy, Inc.
Broadwind Energy, Inc. provides products and services to the United States wind energy industry. The companys product and service portfolio provides its customers with access to an array of wind component and service offerings.
The company operates in four segments: Towers; Gearing; Technical and Engineering Services; and Logistics.
The Towers segment manufactures structural towers for wind turbines. It specializes in heavier next generation wind towers that are designed for 2 megawatt (MW) and larger wind turbines. The companys structural towers for wind turbines are primarily sold to wind turbine manufacturers who utilize its products in the assembly of wind turbines. It also manufactures specialty fabrications and heavy weldments for wind energy and other industrial customers.
The Gearing segment manufactures high precision gearing systems for wind turbines. It also manufactures custom-engineered gearing systems for the mining, energy, and other industrial sectors. The companys precision gearing manufacturing facilities have the production capacity to support turbines producing approximately 4,000 MW of power annually. It also manufactures gearing for industrial markets, including mining and oilfield equipment.
Technical and Engineering Services
The Technical and Engineering Services segment offers technical and precision repair and engineering services to developers and operators of wind farms and manufacturers of wind turbines. Its technical services business provides construction support and operations and maintenance services to the wind industry. The companys engineering services include precision repair and refurbishment of the complex systems and components of wind turbines.
The companys specialty services include oil change-out, up-tower tooling for gearing systems, drive-train and blade repairs and component replacement. Its construction support capabilities include assembly of towers, nacelles, blades, and other components. The company also provides customer support, preventive maintenance, and wind technician training. The companys technicians utilize its regional service centers for storage and repair of parts, as well as its training offerings.
Through its precision repair and engineering services, the company repairs and refurbishes complex wind components, including control systems, gearboxes, and blades. It also conducts warranty inspections, commission turbines, and provides technical assistance. Additionally, the company builds replacement control panels for kilowatt (kW) class wind turbines and repair both kW and MW blades.
The Logistics segment offers specialized transportation, permitting, and logistics management to the wind industry for oversize and overweight machinery and equipment. The company delivers turbines to the installation site, including blades, nacelles, and tower sections for final erection. The company focuses on the project management of the delivery of complete wind turbine farms. It has a fleet of approximately 60 specialized heavy haul trailers supporting annual delivery of 500 MW of full turbine components.
The company manufactures products for and provides logistics, technical and engineering services to a variety of customers in the wind energy, oil and gas, mining, and other industries. The majority of its customer base consists of wind turbine manufacturers, who supply wind farm operators and wind farm developers with completed wind turbines. In the other industrial sectors, the company sells its products through its trained sales force or through manufacturers' representatives to various customers. The companys portfolio of key customers includes Clipper Windpower, Gamesa, General Electric, Nordex, Siemens Energy, Suzlon Wind Energy, Vestas, Bluarc, NexGen Energy Partners, and NextEra Energy Resources.
The company's competitors include Ameron International Corporation; DMI Industries; Dong Kuk, Hendricks; Trinity Industries, Inc.; Win&P; Hansen Transmissions (affiliated with Suzlon energy); Winergy/Flender (owned by Siemens); Anderson Trucking Service; and Lonestar Trucking.
The company was formerly known as Tower Tech Holdings Inc. and changed its name to Broadwind Energy, Inc. in 2008.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BROADWIND ENERGY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BROADWIND ENERGY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BROADWIND ENERGY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BROADWIND ENERGY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BROADWIND ENERGY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Broadwind Energy, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Broadwind Energy, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Broadwind Energy, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Broadwind Energy, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Broadwind Energy, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BROADWIND ENERGY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BROADWIND ENERGY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BROADWIND ENERGY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BROADWIND ENERGY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BROADWIND ENERGY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BROADWIND ENERGY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Broadwind Energy, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Broadwind Energy, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Broadwind Energy, Inc. Major Shareholders
Broadwind Energy, Inc. History
Broadwind Energy, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Broadwind Energy, Inc. Offices and Representations
Broadwind Energy, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Broadwind Energy, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Broadwind Energy, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Broadwind Energy, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Broadwind Energy, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Broadwind Energy, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Broadwind Energy, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Broadwind Energy, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Broadwind Energy, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Broadwind Energy, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Broadwind Energy, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Broadwind Energy, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?