- The report contains detailed information about Shaw Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Shaw Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Shaw Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Shaw Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Shaw Group Inc. business.
About Shaw Group Inc.
The Shaw Group Inc. provides technology, engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance, fabrication, manufacturing, consulting, remediation, and facilities management services. The company serves multinational and national oil companies and industrial corporations, regulated electric utilities, independent and merchant power producers, government agencies, and equipment manufacturers.
The companys proprietary olefin and refinery technologies, coupled with ethyl benzene, styrene, cumene, and Bisphenol A technologies, allow it to offer clients integrated oil refinery and petrochemicals solutions.
The company operates through six segments: Fossil, Renewables, and Nuclear; Maintenance; Environmental and Infrastructure (E and I); Energy and Chemicals (E and C); Fabrication and Manufacturing (F and M); and Investment in Westinghouse.
Fossil, Renewables, and Nuclear Segment
The Fossil, Renewables, and Nuclear segment provides a range of services, including design, engineering, construction, procurement, technology, and consulting services primarily to the fossil, renewables, and nuclear power generation industries.
Nuclear Power Generation: The company provides a range of technical services, including engineering, design, procurement, construction, and project management that support the domestic and international nuclear power markets. The company has technical services contract for four AP1000 nuclear power units in the Peoples Republic of China (China) and three EPC contracts to build six domestic AP1000 units two each for Georgia Power, South Carolina Electric and Gas, and Progress Energy.
Air Quality Control (AQC): The companys AQC business includes domestic and international markets for flue gas desulfurization (FGD) retrofits, installation of mercury emission controls, fine-particle pollution control, carbon capture, and selective catalytic reduction (SCR) processes used at existing coal-fired electric power plants.
The Maintenance segment provides a range of client-tailored technical services to complement its EPC services for the electric power generation, refining, and petrochemical/chemical industries. The company provides clients with turnaround maintenance, refueling outage maintenance, routine plant maintenance, capital construction, reliability engineering, plant engineering, off-site modularization, and other specialty services. It restores, rebuilds, repairs, renovates, and modifies industrial structure, and offer routine and preventive maintenance services. Its services are provided at client work sites throughout North America.
Nuclear Plant Maintenance and Modifications: The company provides systemwide maintenance, modification, and capital construction services to 40 domestic nuclear reactors.
Fossil Plant Maintenance and Modifications: The company offers fossil plant maintenance services for energy generation facilities throughout North America.
Industrial Plant Maintenance and Modifications: The company has a continuous presence in approximately 90 U.S. field locations serving petrochemical, specialty chemical, oil and gas, manufacturing, and refining markets.
Capital Construction Services: The Maintenance segment includes a capital construction component serving existing and new clients. Capital construction projects include renovations and green-field projects. Its scope includes constructability reviews, civil and concrete work, structural steel erection, electrical and instrumentation, mechanical and piping system erection.
Recovery and Rebuild Services: The company executes projects related to natural disasters and catastrophes, meeting client deadlines to rebuild and restore facilities to pre-damage capacity. The company's completed projects include petrochemical, natural gas processing, refining, and nuclear power facilities in Texas and Louisiana. It also coordinates emergency response projects, partnering with the U.S. government, and state and local governments to provide program planning and management.
E and I Segment
The E and I segment provides engineering, design and construction, construction ma
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SHAW GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SHAW GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SHAW GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SHAW GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SHAW GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Shaw Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Shaw Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Shaw Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Shaw Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Engineering and Construction Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Shaw Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SHAW GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SHAW GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SHAW GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SHAW GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SHAW GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SHAW GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Shaw Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Shaw Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Shaw Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Shaw Group Inc. History
Shaw Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Shaw Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Shaw Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Shaw Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Shaw Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Shaw Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Engineering and Construction Services Industry Statistics
Shaw Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Shaw Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Shaw Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Shaw Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Shaw Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Shaw Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Shaw Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Shaw Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?