- The report contains detailed information about Bilfinger Berger SE that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Bilfinger Berger SE. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Bilfinger Berger SE financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Bilfinger Berger SE competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Bilfinger Berger SE business.
About Bilfinger Berger SE
Bilfinger Berger AG operates as a construction and services company. The company offers solutions for real estate, industrial plants, and infrastructure both in Germany and abroad.
The company operates in four business segments: Civil; Building and Industrial; Services; and Concessions.
The Civil business Segment engages in the design and construction of large-scale infrastructure projects. It offers tunneling, bridge building, road construction and foundation engineering. The segments primary markets include Germany, Scandinavia, Poland, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Austria, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, and Africa.
Building and Industrial Segment
The Building and Industrial Segment offers its clients various packages through various phases of real estate in Germany and abroad. The segments primary markets include Germany, Australia and Nigeria. The company does not concentrate solely on construction work, but are able to provide relevant services in the field of real estate, from design to development and financing to facility management.
The Services Segment provides services for industrial plants, power plants and buildings. Its industrial services cover the maintenance, repair and modernization of production plants in the process industry. Its power services are focused on maintenance, repairs, enhancements and lifetime extensions at existing plants, as well as the manufacture and assembly of components for power plant construction. Its facility services consist of technical, commercial and infrastructural services for office buildings, sport and event centers, hospitals and correctional facilities. Its services in hospitals and nursing homes are primarily in the areas of catering, ward service and cleaning. In 2008, the company received orders from SEB Bank, DEGI and AMB Generali.
The Concessions Segment, as a private partner to the public sector clients, develops transport routes and property on the basis of long-term concession contracts. Its primary markets include Canada, Australia, Germany, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Norway and Hungary. The segment focuses on social and transport infrastructure. In social infrastructure, it finances, constructs and operates schools, hospitals, prisons and public-sector administrative buildings. In the transport sector, it is mainly involved in road and highway projects. Its markets are continental Europe, the United Kingdom, Canada and Australia.
In the Industrial Services division, the company acquired 100 percent interests in the Australian companies Clough Engineering & Maintenance Pty. Ltd., Brisbane, (in January 2008) and iPower Solutions Pty. Ltd., Brisbane, (in February2008).
In April 2008, the company acquired an 85 percent equity interest and the right to the transfer of the remaining 15 percent in the Norwegian companies Hydro Production Partner Holding AS, Porsgrunn, and Produksjonstjenester AS, Porsgrunn.
In July 2008, the company acquired Tepsco L.P. domiciled in Houston, Texas, a provider of services for the processing industry.
In the Facility Services division, in July 2008, the company acquired a 100 percent interest in M+W Zander D.I.B. Facility Management GmbH, Nuremberg.
In December 2008, the company sold 100 percent of the shares of its French civil-engineering company, Razel S.A.
The company was founded in 1880. It was formerly known as Bilfinger + Berger Bauaktiengesellschaft and changed its name to Bilfinger Berger AG in 2001.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BILFINGER BERGER SE COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BILFINGER BERGER SE BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BILFINGER BERGER SE SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BILFINGER BERGER SE FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BILFINGER BERGER SE COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Bilfinger Berger SE Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Bilfinger Berger SE and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Bilfinger Berger SE and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Bilfinger Berger SE Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Engineering and Construction Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Bilfinger Berger SE Industry Position Analysis
6. BILFINGER BERGER SE NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BILFINGER BERGER SE EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BILFINGER BERGER SE ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. GERMANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BILFINGER BERGER SE IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BILFINGER BERGER SE PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BILFINGER BERGER SE VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Bilfinger Berger SE Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Bilfinger Berger SE Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Bilfinger Berger SE Major Shareholders
Bilfinger Berger SE History
Bilfinger Berger SE Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Bilfinger Berger SE Offices and Representations
Bilfinger Berger SE SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Bilfinger Berger SE Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Bilfinger Berger SE Capital Market Snapshot
Bilfinger Berger SE Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Engineering and Construction Services Industry Statistics
Bilfinger Berger SE Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Bilfinger Berger SE Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Bilfinger Berger SE Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Bilfinger Berger SE 1-year Stock Charts
Bilfinger Berger SE 5-year Stock Charts
Bilfinger Berger SE vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Bilfinger Berger SE vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Bilfinger Berger SE Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?