- The report contains detailed information about Hochtief AG that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hochtief AG. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hochtief AG financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hochtief AG competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hochtief AG business.
About Hochtief AG
Hochtief AG provides construction services. The company offers a portfolio encompassing development, building and construction related services to concessions and operating services.
The company plans and develops projects ranging from office blocks and shopping malls to sports arenas, airports, and corporate locations. The Company designs, finances, builds, and operates complex projects.
The Company provides a package of services covering the entire construction-planning phase ranging from obtaining planning permission and building permits to drawing up detailed construction site logistical plans. It also develops, implements, and markets realty and infrastructure projects in Germany and all over the world.
The Company offers its clients a wealth of preconstruction services, including complete construction planning, which encompasses everything from obtaining permits to working out a detailed strategy for construction site logistics. The Company is working constantly on identifying and picking up international trends at an early stage.
The Company provides a central budget for Research and Development Projects (R&D Projects) of cross-divisional significance. These innovation projects are planned and carried out by a HOCHTIEF corporate unit. Corporate Center Corporate Development in the HOCHTIEF Holding coordinates and controls these activities and ensures the know-how transfer throughout the Group. It is also responsible for the central R&D budget.
The company develops top-notch commercial properties in Germany and a number of other countries. In all of these instances, the project's foundation is laid long before construction begins; it starts with an idea.
The companys Projektentwicklung, develops custom properties for anchor tenants and then places them with end investors. Office and hotel properties in and near downtown areas are the focus.
The company develops and optimizes finance packages that are coordinated with investors and partners in banking from around the globe. Its financial service teams also advise and assist subsidiaries and associated companies as they conduct negotiations throughout the world, offering support that extends from the initial planning stages all the way to contract signing.
The sustainable construction segment encompasses the design, building and operation of environmentally sound and energy saving structures.
With Medcube, the company Construction has developed a holistic concept in medical care. Medcube offers physicians from a variety of disciplines of offices in the immediate vicinity of municipal hospitals. The close cooperation of physicians coupled with the proximity of Medcube buildings to hospitals would make it possible to coordinate diagnostic and therapeutic strategies and implement them as part of an integrated healthcare concept.
The company offers its clients a wealth of preconstruction services, including complete construction planning, which encompasses everything from obtaining permits to working out a detailed strategy for construction site logistics.
Concessions and operation
The companys concessions and operation offering grew out of the core construction business and includes concessions and holdings, the public-private partnership (PPP) model with a focus on operator-run properties. The key market segments are public buildings/social infrastructure, toll roads/transportation, including bridges and tunnels, as well as airport holdings and operation-focused contract mining. It conducts business in this market through a host of companies, including HOCHTIEF PPP Solutions and Aecon (Europe and America), Leighton and Concor (Australia, Asia-Pacific, southern Africa) and HOCHTIEF AirPort (airport holdings).
Mining operation by HOCHTIEF: The company's subsidiary Leighton is a contractor for numerous mines in Australia and Asia. Contract mining is the logical, technological consequence of decades of experience doing major excavations for traditional civil engineering projects. Its operation includes services before, during and after the excavation of raw materials like coal, iron ore, gold, nickel and zinc. Leighton also offers extraction preparations.
Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment Co. has signed an agreement with Hochtief AG to establish a service joint venture. The joint venture would establish a close partnership in service delivery to include construction. The official signing took place in Doha on Sunday with Qatari Diar's CEO Ghanim Bin Saad Al-Saad and Hochtief's representatives Henner Mahlstedt, Eimert Los and Wilhelm Bruns. The immediate focus would be to create a construction joint venture between Qatari Diar and Hochtief focusing on related construction services including knowledge exchange, project management and best practice.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HOCHTIEF AG COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HOCHTIEF AG BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HOCHTIEF AG SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HOCHTIEF AG FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HOCHTIEF AG COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hochtief AG Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hochtief AG and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hochtief AG and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hochtief AG Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Engineering and Construction Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hochtief AG Industry Position Analysis
6. HOCHTIEF AG NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HOCHTIEF AG EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HOCHTIEF AG ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. GERMANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HOCHTIEF AG IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HOCHTIEF AG PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HOCHTIEF AG VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hochtief AG Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hochtief AG Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hochtief AG Major Shareholders
Hochtief AG History
Hochtief AG Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hochtief AG Offices and Representations
Hochtief AG SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hochtief AG Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hochtief AG Capital Market Snapshot
Hochtief AG Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Engineering and Construction Services Industry Statistics
Hochtief AG Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hochtief AG Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hochtief AG Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hochtief AG 1-year Stock Charts
Hochtief AG 5-year Stock Charts
Hochtief AG vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hochtief AG vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hochtief AG Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?