- The report contains detailed information about Armstrong World Industries, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Armstrong World Industries, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Armstrong World Industries, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Armstrong World Industries, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Armstrong World Industries, Inc. business.
About Armstrong World Industries, Inc.
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of flooring products and ceiling systems for use primarily in the construction and renovation of residential, commercial and institutional buildings worldwide. The company also designs, manufactures and sells kitchen and bathroom cabinets in the U.S.
The company's operating segments include: Resilient Flooring, Wood Flooring, Building Products, and Cabinets.
Resilient Flooring Segment
The Resilient Flooring Segment produces and sources a range of floor coverings primarily for homes and commercial and institutional buildings. Manufactured products in this segment include vinyl sheet, vinyl tile, linoleum flooring, automotive carpeting, and other specialized textile floor products. In addition, its Resilient Flooring segment sources and sells laminate flooring products, ceramic tile products, adhesives, installation and maintenance materials and accessories. Resilient Flooring products are offered in various types, designs and colors. The company sells these products to wholesalers, home centers, retailers, contractors, and to the manufactured homes industry.
Wood Flooring Segment
The Wood Flooring Segment produces and sources wood flooring products for use in new residential construction and renovation, with commercial applications in stores, restaurants and offices. The product offering includes pre-finished solid and engineered wood floors in various wood species, and related accessories. Its Wood Floorings sales are primarily in North America. The companys Wood Flooring products are generally sold to independent wholesale flooring distributors and home centers. The companys products are principally sold under the brand names Bruce, Hartco, Robbins, Timberland, Armstrong, HomerWood, and Capella.
Building Products Segment
The Building Products Segment produces suspended mineral fiber, soft fiber and metal ceiling systems for use in commercial, institutional and residential settings. In addition, its Building Products segment sources complementary ceiling products. The companys products are available in various colors, performance characteristics and designs, and offer attributes, such as acoustical control, rated fire protection and aesthetic appeal. Commercial ceiling materials and accessories are sold to ceiling systems contractors and to resale distributors. Residential ceiling products are sold in North America primarily to wholesalers and retailers (including home centers). Suspension system (grid) products manufactured by Worthington Armstrong Venture (WAVE) are sold by both Armstrong and WAVE joint venture.
The Cabinets Segment produces kitchen and bathroom cabinetry and related products, which are used primarily in the U.S. residential new construction and renovation markets. Through its system of company-owned and independent distribution centers and through direct sales to builders, its Cabinets segment provides design, fabrication and installation services to single and multi-family homebuilders, remodelers, and consumers under the Armstrong brand name. All of Cabinets sales are in the U.S.
The company's customers include The Home Depot, Inc. and Lowes Companies, Inc.
Flooring segments: The companys competitors include Amtico International, Inc., Beaulieu International Group, N.V., Boa-Franc, Inc., Congoleum Corporation, Faus, Inc., Forbo Holding AG, Gerflor Group, Interface, Inc., IVC Group, Krono Holding AG, Mannington Mills, Inc., Metroflor Corporation, Mullican Flooring, L.P., Mohawk Industries, Inc., Pfleiderer AG, Shaw Industries, Inc., Somerset Hardwood Flooring, Tarkett AG, and Wilsonart International.
Building Products: The companys competitors include CertainTeed, Chicago Metallic Corporation, Georgia-Pacific Corporation, Knauf AMF GmbH & Co. KG, Lafarge SA, Odenwald Faserplattenwerk GmbH, Rockfon A/S, Saint-Gobain, and USG Corporation.
Cabinets: The companys competitors include American Woodmark Corporation, Fortune Brands, Inc., and Masco Corporation.
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. was incorporated in 1891.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Armstrong World Industries, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Armstrong World Industries, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Major Shareholders
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. History
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Offices and Representations
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Statistics
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?