- The report contains detailed information about Solutia Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Solutia Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Solutia Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Solutia Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Solutia Inc. business.
About Solutia Inc.
Solutia Inc. engages in the manufacture and marketing of various chemical and engineered materials that are used in a range of consumer and industrial applications. The companys segments include Saflex; CPFilms; and Technical Specialties.
Saflex produces PVB (Polyvinyl Butyral) sheet, a plastic interlayer used in the manufacture of laminated glass for automotive and architectural applications. In addition to PVB sheet, which is mostly marketed under the SAFLEX brand, the company manufactures specialty intermediate PVB resin products sold under the BUTVAR brand, optical grade PVB resin and plasticizer.
PVB is a specialty resin used in the production of laminated safety glass sheet, an adhesive interlayer with high tensile strength, impact resistance, transparency and elasticity that makes it particularly useful in the production of safety glass. Laminated safety glass is predominately produced with PVB sheet and is legislated in all industrialized countries for automobile windshields. PVB sheet is also used as an encapsulant in the growing thin film solar cell market. Other applications for PVB resin include non-sheet applications, such as wash primers and other surface coatings, specialty adhesive formulations and inks.
The CPFilms business manufactures solar control, decorative, safety and security window films for aftermarket automotive and architectural applications marketed predominantly under the trademarks of LLUMAR; VISTA; GILA; and FORMULA ONE PERFORMANCE AUTOMOTIVE FILMS. CPFilms also manufactures precision coated films providing performance film enhancement, such as vacuum metalizing, sputter coating, deep dyeing and coating and laminating which are used in various products, including those within the growing industries of electronics and energy.
Technical Specialties is its specialty chemicals segment, which includes the manufacture and sale of chemicals for the rubber, solar energy, process manufacturing and aviation industries. The company manufactures approximately 50 different products for the rubber chemicals industry, which are classified into two main product groups, including vulcanizing agents, principally insoluble sulfur, and rubber chemicals. Insoluble sulfur is a key vulcanizing agent manufactured predominantly for the tire industry. The company supplies insoluble sulfur and market under the name CRYSTEX. The company has three product groups with in rubber chemicals, such as antidegradants, accelerators, and other rubber chemicals.
THERMINOL heat transfer fluids used for indirect heating or cooling of chemical processes in various types of industrial equipment and in solar energy power systems. SKYDROL brand aviation hydraulic fluids and SKYKLEEN brand of aviation solvents are supplied across the aviation industry. The SKYDROL line includes fire-resistant hydraulic fluids, which are used in the worlds commercial aircraft.
SAFLEX: The companys competitors include DuPont, Kuraray, and Sekisui.
CPFilms: The companys competitors include 3M, Madico, Bekaert, Johnson Laminating, Garware, Commonwealth Laminating, NovoMatrix, Hanita Coatings, Intellicoat, Mitsubishi, Southwall, VDI, Technimet, Nitto Denko, and Toppan.
Technical Specialties: The companys competitors include Lanxess, Chemtura, Shikoku, Oriental Carbon, Chemicals, Limited (India), NCC, Sinorgchem, Dow, and ExxonMobil.
Solutia Inc. was founded in 1901.
1. SOLUTIA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SOLUTIA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SOLUTIA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SOLUTIA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SOLUTIA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Solutia Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Solutia Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Solutia Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Solutia Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Solutia Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SOLUTIA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SOLUTIA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SOLUTIA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOLUTIA INC. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SOLUTIA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. SOLUTIA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Solutia Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Solutia Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Solutia Inc. Major Shareholders
Solutia Inc. History
Solutia Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Solutia Inc. Offices and Representations
Solutia Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Solutia Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Solutia Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Solutia Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Solutia Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Solutia Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Solutia Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Solutia Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Solutia Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Solutia Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Solutia Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Solutia Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?