- The report contains detailed information about PPG Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for PPG Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The PPG Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes PPG Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of PPG Industries Inc. business.
About PPG Industries Inc.
PPG Industries, Inc. engages in the manufacture and supply of coatings, glass, and chemical products. The companys segments include Performance Coatings, Industrial Coatings, Architectural Coatings EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), Optical and Specialty Materials, Commodity Chemicals, and Glass.
Performance Coatings, Industrial Coatings and Architectural Coatings EMEA
The Performance Coatings, Industrial Coatings and Architectural Coatings segments supply protective and decorative finishes for customers in various end use markets, including industrial equipment, appliances and packaging; factory-finished aluminum extrusions and steel and aluminum coils; marine and aircraft equipment; automotive original equipment; and other industrial and consumer products. In addition to supplying finishes to the automotive original equipment market, PPG supplies automotive refinishes to the aftermarket.
The company also supplies coatings to painting and maintenance contractors and directly to consumers for decoration and maintenance. It owns SigmaKalon Group (SigmaKalon), a worldwide coatings producer based in Uithoorn, the Netherlands. SigmaKalon produces architectural, protective and marine and industrial coatings. It operates in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The Performance Coatings segment consists of the refinish, aerospace, protective and marine and architectural Americas and Asia Pacific coatings businesses. The refinish coatings business supplies coatings products for automotive and commercial transport/fleet repair and refurbishing, light industrial coatings for a range of markets and specialty coatings for signs. These products are sold primarily through distributors.
The aerospace coatings business supplies sealants, coatings, technical cleaners and transparencies for commercial, military, regional jet and general aviation aircraft and transparent armor for military land vehicles. The company supplies products to aircraft manufacturers, maintenance and aftermarket customers.
The protective and marine coatings business supplies coatings and finishes for the protection of metals and structures to metal fabricators, heavy duty maintenance contractors and manufacturers of ships, bridges, rail cars and shipping containers. These products are sold through the architectural coatings company-owned stores, independent distributors and directly to customers.
The architectural coatings-Americas and Asia Pacific business primarily produces coatings used by painting and maintenance contractors and by consumers for decoration and maintenance. These coatings are sold under a number of brands. Architectural coatings Americas and Asia Pacific products are sold through a combination of company-owned stores, home centers, paint dealers, independent distributors, and directly to customers. The architectural coatings-Americas and the Asia Pacific business operates approximately 400 company-owned stores in North America and approximately 50 company-owned stores in Australia.
The Industrial and Automotive Coatings businesses sell directly to various manufacturing companies. PPG also supplies adhesives and sealants for the automotive industry and metal pretreatments and related chemicals for industrial and automotive applications. PPG has established alliances with Kansai Paint, Helios Group and Asian Paints Ltd. to serve certain automotive original equipment manufacturers in various regions of the world. PPG owns a 60% interest in PPG Kansai Finishes to serve Japanese-based automotive customers in North America and Europe. PPG owns a 60% interest in PPG Helios Ltd. to serve Russian-based automotive customers in Russia and the Ukraine. PPG owns a 50% interest in Asian PPG Paints to serve global and domestic-based automotive customers in India. The packaging coatings business supplies coatings and inks to the manufacturers of aerosol, food and beverage containers.
The Architectural Coatings EMEA business supplies various coatings under a number of brands and purchased sundries to painting contractors and consumers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Architectural Coatings EMEA products are sold th
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PPG INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PPG INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PPG INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PPG INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PPG INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. PPG Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of PPG Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of PPG Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. PPG Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. PPG Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PPG INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PPG INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PPG INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PPG INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PPG INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PPG INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
PPG Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
PPG Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
PPG Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
PPG Industries Inc. History
PPG Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
PPG Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
PPG Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
PPG Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
PPG Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
PPG Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
PPG Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
PPG Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
PPG Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
PPG Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
PPG Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
PPG Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
PPG Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
PPG Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?