- The report contains detailed information about Nalco Holding Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nalco Holding Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nalco Holding Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nalco Holding Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nalco Holding Co. business.
About Nalco Holding Co.
Nalco Holding Company engages in the manufacture and sale of specialized service chemical programs. This includes production and service related to the sale and application of chemicals and technology used in water treatment, pollution control, energy conservation, oil production and refining, steelmaking, papermaking, mining, and other industrial processes.
The company serves approximately 50,000 customer locations in a range of end markets, including aerospace, chemical, pharmaceutical, petroleum, steel, power, food and beverage, medium and light manufacturing, marine and pulp and papermaking industries, as well as institutions, such as hospitals, universities, and hotels.
Water Services This segment serves the global water treatment and process chemical needs of the industrial, institutional, and municipal markets.
Paper Services This segment serves the process chemicals and water treatment needs of the pulp and paper industry.
Energy Services This segment serves the process chemicals and water treatment needs of the petroleum and petrochemical industries in both upstream and downstream applications.
Water and Process Services
The companys Water and Process Services Division encompasses two segments Paper Services, serving the pulp and paper industries; and Water Services, which focuses on customers across industrial and institutional markets. Within both segments, the company provides water, air and process applications.
The company serves customers in the aerospace, chemical, pharmaceutical, mining and primary metals, power, food and beverage, medium and light manufacturing, marine and pulp and papermaking industries, as well as institutional clients, such as hospitals, universities, commercial buildings and hotels. The companys Paper segment offers a portfolio of programs that are used in all principal steps of the papermaking process and across all grades of paper, including graphic grades, board and packaging, and tissue and towel.
Water Treatment Applications
Boiler Water Applications: Corrosion and scale buildup are the most common problems addressed by its boiler water treatment programs. The company serves customers overcome various boiler system problems by providing integrated chemical solutions, process improvements, and mechanical component modifications to optimize boiler performance. In 2009, the company expanded introduction of 3D TRASAR Technology for Boilers and the Nalco Corrosion Stress Monitor to most industrial markets.
Cooling Water Applications: The companys cooling water treatment programs are designed to control the main problems associated with cooling water systems corrosion, scale and microbial fouling and contamination in open recirculating, once-through and closed systems.
Raw Water/Potable Water Preparation: The companys programs assist customers making potable water or water for plant processes. Applications include treatment of natural water sources for drinking water, boiler makeup, cooling tower makeup and other industrial processes, as well as treatment and servicing of wastewater treatment plants to help meet environmental standards for discharges to municipal systems or directly to the environment.
Wastewater Applications: The companys wastewater products and programs focus on improving overall plant economics, addressing compliance issues, and improving operator capabilities.
Clean Air Technologies
Nalco Mobotec provides solutions to the global air pollution problems and offers practical approaches for the control of nitrogen and sulfur oxides (NOx /SOx), carbon monoxide, mercury and particulates. Nalco Mobotecs patented solutions can accommodate biomass conversions, or co-firing in boilers.
Pulp and Papermaking Applications
Pulp Applications: The companys SMART Solutions for Fiber and Energy Management provide pulp manufacturers the answers to help improve pulp quality.
Paper Applications: The company integrates the entire papermaking process through mechanical, operational and chemical means to concentrate specifically on what its customers need. The companys PARETO Technology for Wet-End Optimiz
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NALCO HOLDING CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NALCO HOLDING CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NALCO HOLDING CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NALCO HOLDING CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NALCO HOLDING CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nalco Holding Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nalco Holding Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nalco Holding Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nalco Holding Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nalco Holding Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. NALCO HOLDING CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NALCO HOLDING CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NALCO HOLDING CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NALCO HOLDING CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NALCO HOLDING CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NALCO HOLDING CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nalco Holding Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nalco Holding Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nalco Holding Co. Major Shareholders
Nalco Holding Co. History
Nalco Holding Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nalco Holding Co. Offices and Representations
Nalco Holding Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nalco Holding Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nalco Holding Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Nalco Holding Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Nalco Holding Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nalco Holding Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nalco Holding Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nalco Holding Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Nalco Holding Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Nalco Holding Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nalco Holding Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nalco Holding Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?