- The report contains detailed information about Global Materials & Services Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Global Materials & Services Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Global Materials & Services Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Global Materials & Services Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Global Materials & Services Inc. business.
About Global Materials & Services Inc.
Global Materials & Services Inc. engages in the development, manufacture and marketing of a line of interior and exterior fire retardant chemicals and provides fire resistive finishing services through its Textile Processing Center for commercial users. It also designs new technology for future fire resistive applications that are being mandated by local, state and governmental agencies and are active in the construction industry as subcontractors for firestop and firefilm installations and fireproofing applications.
Products and Services
Fire Retardant Chemicals and Coatings
Fyberix2000V is a non-durable fire retardant compound designed for textiles used in hospitals, nursing homes, hospices and other health care facilities as well as in the transportation and tourist industries. It enables fabric to be fire resistive while maintaining a clean appearance with its anti-soiling agent and at the same time resists the growth of bacteria, fungus, and mites.
Firextra1000 is an available concentrate or ready-to-use form as a primary all-purpose, non-durable aqueous saline, based fire retardant compound. It is used on almost every type of textile fabric - natural, synthetic, or blended. It is used on unfinished wood and wood products as well as hay and paper. It is used in treating leather and is used by the major leather tanners in the United States.
Fyberix2000 is an all-purpose, non-durable aqueous saline-based fire retardant and anti-soiling compound. It is designed for fabrics used as upholstery, drapery and curtain.
FirextraNS200 is an all-purpose non-durable and non-saline aqueous based fire retardant compound. It is used on almost every type of textile fabric, natural, synthetic, or blended. It is especially useful for treating fabrics where chemical salt content could present problems.
Firextra4000 is an aqueous saline based fire retardant compound. It is designed to treat unfinished wood and wood products, thatch and bamboo. Wood products treated with this product kept indoors or away from weathering unless the surface has been sealed with a paint or sealant after application.
Firextra4135 is a non-durable aqueous saline based fire retardant compound. It is designed to treat spun woven polyester fabrics.
Firextra5000 is a non-durable aqueous saline based fire retardant compound. It is designed specifically for nylon fabrics.
FirextraUV-11 is a concentrate that can be diluted with plain water or added to other fire retardant or soil protection compounds against Ultra Violet B waves that cause color fading, fabric thread weakening and fabric aging.
FirextraFBC is latex in aqueous base. The product is used on the backside of hard-to-treat textile products. In addition to providing fire resistance, the product adds fabric strength and integrity to the fabric. Noveon (formerly B.F. Goodrich), is the major chemical supplier of FirextraFBC.
Firextra238 is an acrylic base clear coating fire retardant compound. It is used on thatch, bamboo and other wood products that must be used outdoors and/or be exposed to the elements of weather.
Textile Processing Center for Fire Resistive Fabrics
The company provides fire retardant chemicals to fabrics for commercial customers. Its main clients are purchasing agents who are hired by major hotel chains to assist the hotels as buyers during new construction or refurbishing. Its products are applied by interior designers, hotels and purchasing agents, restaurants, hospitals, schools, business, etc.
Firestop and Firefilm Installation and Fireproofing Application
The company offers two main retail products: 3-in1 Hero and TreeSafe.
3-in1 Hero: 3-in-1 Hero is a product for upholstery, draperies, carpets and similar fabrics to make them fire retardant, inhibit microorganisms such as dust mites and it also prevents the treated fabric from being faded by UV rays from the Sun.
TreeSafe: TreeSafe product prevents flames from occurring or spreading on Christmas trees.
The company, through its subsidiary, National Certified Fire Retardants, Inc. or NCFR, Inc., provides fire retardant paints, varnish, saturates, and intumescent coatings. The product line includes NCFR 1000, NCFR 102, NCFR 1001 XC, NCFR 142, NCFR 154, NCFR 125 and NCFR Flameout products.
The companys suppliers include Van Waters and Rogers, Morre-tech, Rhodia, Noveon, and Atlas Chemical.
The company's major competitors in the fabric finishing market are Kiesling and Hess, Texas Flameproofing and Schneider Banks.
Global Materials & Services, Inc. was formed in 1992 as American Fire Retardant Corporation and changed its name to Global Materials & Services, Inc. in 2004.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GLOBAL MATERIALS & SERVICES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GLOBAL MATERIALS & SERVICES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GLOBAL MATERIALS & SERVICES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GLOBAL MATERIALS & SERVICES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GLOBAL MATERIALS & SERVICES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Global Materials & Services Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Global Materials & Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Global Materials & Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Global Materials & Services Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Global Materials & Services Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GLOBAL MATERIALS & SERVICES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GLOBAL MATERIALS & SERVICES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GLOBAL MATERIALS & SERVICES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GLOBAL MATERIALS & SERVICES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GLOBAL MATERIALS & SERVICES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GLOBAL MATERIALS & SERVICES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Global Materials & Services Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Global Materials & Services Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Global Materials & Services Inc. Major Shareholders
Global Materials & Services Inc. History
Global Materials & Services Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Global Materials & Services Inc. Offices and Representations
Global Materials & Services Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Global Materials & Services Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Global Materials & Services Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Global Materials & Services Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Global Materials & Services Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Global Materials & Services Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Global Materials & Services Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Global Materials & Services Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Global Materials & Services Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Global Materials & Services Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Global Materials & Services Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Global Materials & Services Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?