- The report contains detailed information about Arch Chemicals Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Arch Chemicals Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Arch Chemicals Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Arch Chemicals Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Arch Chemicals Inc. business.
About Arch Chemicals Inc.
Arch Chemicals, Inc., a biocides company, provides chemistry-based and related solutions to selectively destroy and control the growth of harmful microbes. The companys focus is in water treatment, hair and skin care products, treated wood, preservation and protection applications, such as for paints and building products, and health and hygiene applications.
Products and Services
The companys products and services fall with in two business segments: Treatment Products and Performance Products.
Within its Treatment Products segment, the company manufactures and sells water treatment chemicals, industrial and personal care biocides and specialty ingredients, and wood treatment chemicals and industrial coatings and related services.
HTH Water Products: The company sells chemicals and equipment on a worldwide basis for the sanitization and treatment of residential and commercial pool and spa water, drinking water and water used in industrial applications. The company sells both chlorine-based products (calcium hypochlorite and chlorinated isocyanurates) and non-chlorine-based products (poly (hexamethylene biguanide) hydrochloride (PHMB)) as sanitizers. The companys pool chemical products are sold primarily under the widely-recognized HTH brand name, the POOLIFE brand name, the Baquacil and Baqua Spa brand names and the newly-acquired Advantis brand names of GLB Pool and Spa and Leisure Time. The company also sells commercial pool products under the Pulsar brand name. The companys water chemical products are also distributed as private label brands. In addition to calcium hypochlorite-, chlorinated isocyanurate- and PHMB-based water sanitizing chemicals, the company sells ancillary chemicals and accessories for the maintenance of residential and commercial pools and spas, such as algaecides, clarifiers, foam reducers, stain preventers, feeders, fragrances and test strips.
The company is a worldwide producer and seller of calcium hypochlorite with various concentrations of available chlorine. It is a major manufacturer and seller of PHMB-based pool and spa treatment chemicals that are sold primarily to U.S. pool and spa owners through a network of authorized, independent retailers, rather than through mass market retailers.
The companys water products are also sold in the municipal water market for the purification of potable water. It sells calcium hypochlorite to purify potable water mainly in a number of countries outside the U.S. and for sanitization in the food preparation market in the U.S.
The companys surface water business manufactures a range of branded products, including products under the Applied Biochemists brand name, and provides technical support for controlling algae and nuisance aquatic vegetation. End-use applications include turf and ornamental (golf course and park) ponds, agricultural irrigation, potable water reservoirs, wastewater systems, industrial water supplies, aquaculture facilities, and private lakes and ponds of homeowners. Contract services for aquatic vegetation control and lake and pond management technologies are also provided from several branch locations around the U.S.
In North America, the company sells water chemical products to retail merchants, distributors and pool dealers. The companys Brazilian subsidiary, Arch Quimica Brasil Ltda., manufactures and distributes calcium hypochlorite and other water chemical products in Brazil and other South American countries.
In Europe, the company packages and sells chemicals, equipment, and accessories for pools and spas mainly through its wholly owned subsidiary, Arch Water Products France, S.A.S., located in France. In South Africa, the company manufactures and sells chemicals, equipment, and accessories for pools and spas mainly through its wholly owned subsidiary, Arch Water Products South Africa (Proprietary) Limited, which also operates a calcium hypochlorite plant.
Personal Care and Industrial Biocides: The company is a supplier of biocides for preservation of industrial and consumer products. The company manufactures biocides that control dandruff on the scalp and, in various
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ARCH CHEMICALS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ARCH CHEMICALS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ARCH CHEMICALS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ARCH CHEMICALS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ARCH CHEMICALS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Arch Chemicals Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Arch Chemicals Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Arch Chemicals Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Arch Chemicals Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Arch Chemicals Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ARCH CHEMICALS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ARCH CHEMICALS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ARCH CHEMICALS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ARCH CHEMICALS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ARCH CHEMICALS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ARCH CHEMICALS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Arch Chemicals Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Arch Chemicals Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Arch Chemicals Inc. Major Shareholders
Arch Chemicals Inc. History
Arch Chemicals Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Arch Chemicals Inc. Offices and Representations
Arch Chemicals Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Arch Chemicals Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Arch Chemicals Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Arch Chemicals Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Arch Chemicals Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Arch Chemicals Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Arch Chemicals Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Arch Chemicals Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Arch Chemicals Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Arch Chemicals Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Arch Chemicals Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Arch Chemicals Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?