- The report contains detailed information about Southwall Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Southwall Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Southwall Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Southwall Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Southwall Technologies Inc. business.
About Southwall Technologies Inc.
Southwall Technologies Inc. engages in the development and manufacture of energy saving films and glass products for architectural and automotive glass applications.
Architectural glass products
The companys architectural XIR film is laminated between panes of glass, and performs similarly to its XIR solar control films for automobiles. This film is sold primarily to fabricators of laminated window glass for commercial building applications, such as airports, office buildings, and museums. It has licenses with approximately 20 fabricators in approximately 15 countries for the sale of this architectural film product.
The company also manufactures and sells Heat Mirror, which is an insulating film. It sells Heat Mirror film in rolls to window manufacturers, who then suspend the film in the airspace between sealed, double-pane residential and commercial windows as part of their fabrication process. The company also sells Heat Mirror IGUs to window manufacturers through SIG. To mount Heat Mirror film in IGUs it developed proprietary film-mounting technology, which it licenses to the window fabricators. The company has licenses with approximately 50 window fabricators in approximately 20 countries for the sale of its Heat Mirror films and the license of its film-mounting technology. The company offers 15 different Heat Mirror films for architectural applications.
The architectural glass aftermarket uses the companys XIR, Ceramic, and other patented coating technologies. These products are applied to existing windows and have a protective hard coat over the patented, transparent solar-control coating on one side and an adhesion layer on the other. Its aftermarket applied window film is sold pursuant to a worldwide license contained in its distribution agreement with GlobaMatrix Holdings Pte, Ltd. (GlobaMatrix) and its subsidiaries, V-KOOL, Huper Optik, and IQue.
Automotive glass products
The companys XIR coated solar-control films are transparent, sputter-coated, polyester films used in laminated glass for automobiles. The films have a patented, transparent solar-control coating on one side and a proprietary adhesion-promotion layer on the other. It sells its XIR coated solar-control films primarily to OEMs that produce glass for sale to manufacturers of new cars and trucks for worldwide distribution.
Coating flat glass and then bending it to match complex automobile designs is the method used by most windshield glass producers. The companys sputter coated, flexible films can be applied to windshields with different curvatures as well, and can be incorporated into most in-line windshield production processes used by glass companies. The companys aftermarket applied window film is sold pursuant to a worldwide license contained in its distribution agreement with GlobaMatrix and its subsidiaries, V-KOOL and Huper Optik.
Sales and Marketing
The company sells its automotive related products primarily to OEMs in North America, and through its direct sales force in Europe. The principal foreign markets for its products were Germany, France, the Pacific Rim, and Japan.
Automotive Glass Market: The companys customers are suppliers in the automotive OEM and aftermarket glass industry, including Saint-Gobain Sekurit, Pilkington PLC, AGC Automotive and Guardian. Its customers sell glass to OEM automobile manufacturers, including Audi, BMW, Daimler, Ford, PSA Group (which includes Peugeot and Citroen), Renault, Volvo, and Volkswagen.
Automotive Glass and Architectural Glass, Aftermarket: The companys aftermarket applied film in the automotive and architectural glass markets is sold pursuant to a worldwide license contained in its distribution agreement with GlobaMatrix.
Customers for Architectural, New and Retrofit Markets: The companys customers are suppliers to the architectural glass industry, including Sofraver S.A., Serious Materials, Shenzhen Kaisheng Energy Saving Technology Co., ECO Insulating Glass, and approximately 60 other companies worldwide. Additionally, a portion of the aftermarket applied film that it sells to GlobaMatrix under distribution agreement is installed on architectural glass in homes and buildings.
Automotive glass market: The company faces technological competition from companies, such as PPG Industries, Pilkington PLC, Saint Gobain Sekurit, Asahi, Guardian, and Glaverbel.
The company has a joint venture with Sound Solutions Windows & Doors, LLC to begin production of insulated glass units. Southwall Insulating Glass, LLC (SIG or Southwall Insulating Glass), the joint venture, produces and sells energy efficient, dual-pane insulated glass units which are primarily used in the production of completed window units for the residential housing and commercial building industries. SIG incorporates proprietary design and automated manufacturing in its production of insulated glass units.
Southwall Technologies Inc. was founded in 1979.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SOUTHWALL TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SOUTHWALL TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SOUTHWALL TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SOUTHWALL TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SOUTHWALL TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Southwall Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Southwall Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Southwall Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Southwall Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Southwall Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SOUTHWALL TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SOUTHWALL TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SOUTHWALL TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SOUTHWALL TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SOUTHWALL TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SOUTHWALL TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Southwall Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Southwall Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Southwall Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Southwall Technologies Inc. History
Southwall Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Southwall Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Southwall Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Southwall Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Southwall Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Southwall Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Southwall Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Southwall Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Southwall Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Southwall Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Southwall Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Southwall Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Southwall Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Southwall Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?