- The report contains detailed information about Movado Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Movado Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Movado Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Movado Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Movado Group, Inc. business.
About Movado Group, Inc.
Movado Group, Inc. engages in the design, sourcing, marketing, and distribution of fine watches and jewelry. The companys portfolio of brands is comprised of Movado, Ebel, Concord, ESQ, Coach Watches, HUGO BOSS Watches, Juicy Couture Watches, Tommy Hilfiger Watches, and Lacoste Watches. It also designs, develops and markets proprietary Movado-branded jewelry which it retails in its luxury Movado boutiques.
The company conducts its business primarily in two segments, Wholesale and Retail.
United States Wholesale
The company sells all of its brands in the U.S. wholesale market primarily to jewelry store chains, such as Helzberg Diamonds Corp., Sterling, Inc. and Zale Corporation; department stores, such as Macys, Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue, as well as independent jewelers. Sales to trade customers in the United States are made directly by the companys the U.S. sales force.
Internationally, the companys brands are sold in department stores, such as El Cortes Ingles in Spain and Galeries Lafayette in France, jewelry chain stores, such as Christ in Switzerland and Germany, and independent jewelers. The companys sales and distribution offices are located in Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United Arab Emirates.
In France and Germany, the companys licensed brands are marketed and distributed by subsidiaries of a joint venture company owned 51% by the company and 49% by Financiere TWC SA (TWC), a French company with distribution, marketing, and sales operations in France and Germany.
The company operates in two retail markets, the luxury boutique market and the outlet market. The company operates 27 Movado boutiques in the United States that are located in upscale regional shopping centers and metropolitan areas. Movado boutiques are merchandised with select models of Movado watches, as well as proprietary Movado-branded jewelry and clocks. The companys 31 outlet stores are multi-branded and serve as a vehicle to sell discontinued models and factory seconds of all of the companys watches and jewelry.
The company designs, develops, sources, markets and distributes products under the following watch brands:
Movado: The brand includes a line of watches, including the Movado Museum watch and other watch collections with traditional dial designs. The Movado brand also includes Series 800, a sport watch collection. Movado watches have Swiss movements and are made with 14 or 18 karat gold, 18 karat gold finish, stainless steel or a combination of 18 karat gold finish and stainless steel.
Ebel: The Ebel brand is a luxury watch brand. All Ebel watches feature Swiss movements and are made with 18 karat gold, stainless steel or a combination of 18 karat gold and stainless steel.
Concord: Concord watches have Swiss movements and are made with solid 18 karat gold, stainless steel or a combination of 18 karat gold and stainless steel.
ESQ by Movado: In 2010, the Company began to market the brand as ESQ by Movado. All ESQ watches contain Swiss movements and are made with stainless steel, gold finish or a combination of stainless steel and gold finish, with leather straps, stainless steel bracelets or gold finish bracelets.
Coach Watches: Coach Watches are an extension of the Coach leathergoods brand and reflect the Coach brand image. Coach watches are made with stainless steel, gold finish or a combination of stainless steel and gold finish with leather straps, stainless steel bracelets or gold finish bracelets.
Tommy Hilfiger Watches: Tommy Hilfiger watches feature quartz, digital or analog-digital movements, with stainless steel, titanium, aluminum, silver-tone, two-tone or gold-tone cases and bracelets, and leather, fabric, plastic or rubber straps. The line includes fashion and sport models.
HUGO BOSS Watches: The HUGO BOSS watch collection is an extension of the parent brand and includes timepieces with distinctive features.
Juicy Couture Timepieces: Juicy Couture is a lifestyle brand for women, men, and children.
The companys main competitor is Swatch Group, Ltd.
Movado Group, Inc. was founded in 1961.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MOVADO GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MOVADO GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MOVADO GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MOVADO GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MOVADO GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Movado Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Movado Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Movado Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Movado Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Movado Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MOVADO GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MOVADO GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MOVADO GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MOVADO GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MOVADO GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MOVADO GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Movado Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Movado Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Movado Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
Movado Group, Inc. History
Movado Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Movado Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
Movado Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Movado Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Movado Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Movado Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Statistics
Movado Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Movado Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Movado Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Movado Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Movado Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Movado Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Movado Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Movado Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?