- The report contains detailed information about Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Alpha Pro Tech Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. business.
About Alpha Pro Tech Ltd.
Alpha Pro Tech, Ltd., through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Alpha Pro Tech, Inc., engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of a line of disposable protective apparel and infection control products for the cleanroom, industrial, pharmaceutical, medical, and dental markets. The company also manufactures a line of building supply construction weatherization products through its other wholly-owned subsidiary, Alpha ProTech Engineered Products, Inc. Its products are sold both under the Alpha Pro Tech brand name, as well as under private label.
The companys products are grouped into three business segments: the Disposable Protective Apparel segment; the Building Supply segment; and the Infection Control segment.
Disposable Protective Apparel
The Disposable Protective Apparel segment includes different styles of disposable products, such as shoecovers, bouffant caps, gowns, coveralls, lab coats, frocks, and other miscellaneous products.
The Building Supply segment consists of a line of construction supply weatherization products, namely house wrap and synthetic roof underlayment. This line of products is an extension of its core capabilities: creating proprietary products designed to protect people and environments. The house wrap, REX Wrap, offers a weather resistive barrier and, to the home owner, lower energy consumption. The proprietary synthetic roof underlayment, REX Synfelt, has the ability to resist the environment.
The Infection Control segment includes face masks, eye shields, medical bed pads, and pet beds. The companys face masks come in various filtration efficiencies and styles. Its patented Positive Facial Lock feature provides a custom fit to the face to prevent blow-by for better protection. The term blow-by is used to describe the potential for infectious material to enter or escape a facemask without going through the filter as a result of gaps or openings in the face mask. The companys Magic Arch feature holds the mask away from the nose and mouth, creating a comfortable breathing chamber. One of its masks that incorporate both the Positive Facial Lock feature and the Magic Arch feature is the N-95 Particulate Respirator face mask, which is recommended to combat the spread of the H1N1 Influenza A pandemic. The companys medical bed pads, made from Unreal Lambskin (synthetic lambskin), are used to prevent decubitus ulcers or bed sores for long term care patients. In addition, the company distributes a line of retail pet beds using its Unreal Lambskin raw material. Its Unreal Lambskin medical bed pads are sold to the extended care market.
The companys products are used primarily in cleanrooms, industrial safety manufacturing environments, and health care facilities, such as hospitals, laboratories, and dental offices, as well as building and re-roofing sites. Its pet beds are used by pet owners and veterinarians. The companys products are distributed principally in the United States of America through a network consisting of purchasing groups, national distributors, local distributors, independent sales representatives, and its own sales and marketing force. Its major distributor is VWR International, LLC.
The companys target markets are pharmaceutical manufacturing, bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing, medical device manufacturing, lab animal research, high technology electronics manufacturing (which includes the semi-conductor market), medical and dental distributors, pet stores and pet distributors, and construction building supply and roofing distributors.
The companys major competitor in the medical and dental markets is Kimberly Clark of Fort Worth, Texas. Other major competitors include 3M Company, Johnson & Johnson, White Knight/Precept, Cardinal Health, Inc. and Medline Industries Inc. The companys major competitors in the industrial and cleanroom market are Kimberly Clark, 3M Company, Kappler USA, Allegiance Health Care, and DuPont. For the medical bed pad products, Skil-care, Glenoit Mills, and JT Posey Co. are its principal competitors, and in the pet bed market, principal competitors include Flexmat Corporation and Lazy Pet Company. The companys major competitors in the construction supply weatherization market are Dupont for house wrap and WR Grace and Interwrap for synthetic roof underlayment.
Alpha Pro Tech, Ltd. was founded in 1983.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALPHA PRO TECH LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALPHA PRO TECH LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALPHA PRO TECH LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALPHA PRO TECH LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALPHA PRO TECH LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALPHA PRO TECH LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALPHA PRO TECH LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALPHA PRO TECH LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALPHA PRO TECH LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALPHA PRO TECH LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALPHA PRO TECH LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. Major Shareholders
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. History
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. Offices and Representations
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Statistics
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?