- The report contains detailed information about Zale Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Zale Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Zale Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Zale Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Zale Corporation business.
About Zale Corporation
Zale Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer of fine jewelry. As of July 31, 2010, the company operated 1,218 specialty retail jewelry stores and 672 kiosks located mainly in shopping malls throughout the United States of America, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
The companys segments include Fine Jewelry, Kiosk Jewelry, and All Other.
The Fine Jewelry segment comprises five brands. Each brand focuses on fine jewelry and watches, with merchandise and marketing emphasis focused on diamond products.
Zales Jewelers and Gordon's Jewelers: Zales operates 675 stores in 50 states and Puerto Rico with an average store size of 1,685 square feet. Gordon's operates 192 stores in 29 states and Puerto Rico with an average store size of 1,521 square feet.
Peoples Jewellers and Mappins Jewellers: In Canada, the company operates 215 stores in 9 provinces. Canadian operations consist of two brands, Peoples Jewellers and Mappins Jewellers.
Zales Outlet: The company operates 136 Zales Outlet with stores in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Its stores feature items in various jewelry categories, including branded watches, gemstones, gold merchandise, and diamond fashion and solitaire products.
The Kiosk Jewelry segment operates under the brand names Piercing Pagoda, Plumb Gold, and Silver and Gold Connection (collectively, Piercing Pagoda) through mall-based kiosks, and targets the opening price point jewelry customer. It operates its locations in 41 states and Puerto Rico. The Kiosk Jewelry segment focuses on gold and silver products, including entry level diamond merchandise. The Kiosk segment offers a collection of bracelets, earrings, charms, rings, and 14 karat and 10 karat gold chains, as well as a selection of silver and diamond jewelry.
The company provides insurance and reinsurance facilities for various types of insurance coverage, which are marketed primarily to its private label credit card customers, through Zale Indemnity Company, Zale Life Insurance Company, and Jewel Re-Insurance Ltd. These three companies are the insurers of its customer credit insurance coverage. In addition to providing merchandise replacement coverage for certain perils, credit insurance coverage provides protection to the creditor and cardholder for losses associated with the disability, involuntary unemployment, leave of absence, or death of the cardholder. Zale Life Insurance Company also provides group life insurance coverage for its eligible employees.
In May 2010, the company entered into a five year private label credit card program agreement with TD Financing Services Inc. to provide financing for its Canadian customers to purchase merchandise through private label credit cards.
Zale Corporation was founded in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ZALE CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ZALE CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ZALE CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ZALE CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ZALE CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Zale Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Zale Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Zale Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Zale Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Zale Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. ZALE CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ZALE CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ZALE CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ZALE CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ZALE CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ZALE CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Zale Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Zale Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Zale Corporation Major Shareholders
Zale Corporation History
Zale Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Zale Corporation Offices and Representations
Zale Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Zale Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Zale Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Zale Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Zale Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Zale Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Zale Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Zale Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Zale Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Zale Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Zale Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Zale Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?