- The report contains detailed information about WESCO International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for WESCO International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The WESCO International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes WESCO International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of WESCO International Inc. business.
About WESCO International Inc.
WESCO International, Inc. is a distributor of products and provider of supply chain services used primarily in the industrial, construction, utility and commercial, institutional and government markets.
The company serves approximately 100,000 customers, through 380 full service branches and 7 distribution centers located primarily in the United States, Canada and Mexico, with additional locations in the United Kingdom, Singapore, China, Australia, Africa and the United Arab Emirates.
The company sells electrical and industrial maintenance, repair and operating supplies, commonly referred to as MRO, and electrical and non-electrical construction and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) products and services. Its primary product categories include general electrical and industrial supplies, wire, cable and conduit, data communications, power distribution equipment, lighting and lighting control systems, control and automation and motors.
Products and Services
The companys network of branches and distribution centers stock approximately 250,000 product stock keeping units and provides customers with access to approximately 1,000,000 different products.
General and Industrial Supplies: General and Industrial Supplies include wiring devices, fuses, terminals, connectors, boxes, enclosures, fittings, lugs, terminations, tape, splicing and marking equipment, tools and testers, safety and security, personal protection, abrasives, cutting tools, tapes, consumables, fasteners, janitorial and other MRO supplies.
Wire, Cable and Conduit: These products include wire, cable, raceway, metallic, and non-metallic conduit.
Data Communications: Data Communications products include structured cabling systems, low voltage specialty systems, specialty wire and cable products, equipment racks and cabinets, access control, alarms, cameras, paging and voice solutions.
Power Distribution Equipment: Power Distribution Equipment include circuit breakers, transformers, switchboards, panel boards, metering products and busway products.
Lighting and Controls: Lighting and Controls include lamps, fixtures, ballasts and lighting control products.
Control, Automation and Motors: These products include motor control devices, drives, surge and power protection, relays, timers, pushbuttons, operator interfaces, switches, sensors, and interconnect products.
The company offers customers a portfolio of value added services which includes approximately 40 value add solutions, in 10 categories ranging from construction, project management, e-business, energy, engineering services, green and sustainability, production support, safety, supply chain optimization, training, to working capital. These solutions are designed to address customers business needs through: outsourcing of the entire MRO purchasing process via integrated supply; providing technical support for manufacturing process improvements; implementing inventory optimization programs, including just-in-time delivery and vendor managed inventory; participating in joint cost savings teams; assigning employees as on-site support personnel; consulting and recommending energy product upgrades; and offering safety and product training for customer employees.
Branches and Distribution Centers
The companys network of branches and distribution centers are located primarily in the United States, Canada, and Mexico, with additional locations in the United Kingdom, Africa, United Arab Emirates, Singapore, Australia and China.
United States: To serve customers in the United States, the company operates a network of approximately 305 branches supported by four distribution centers located in Pennsylvania, Nevada, Mississippi and Arkansas.
Canada: To serve Canadian customers, the company operates a network of approximately 60 branches in nine provinces. Branch operations are supported by three distribution centers located in Montreal, Edmonton, and Vancouver.
Mexico: The company has nine branch locations in Mexico. It has branch locations in Guadalajara, Queretaro and Puebla.
Other International Locations: The company sells to other international customers through domestic export sales offices located within North America and sales offices in various international locations. Operations in Aberdeen, Scotland and Manchester, England support sales activities in Europe and the Middle East. The company has operations in Nigeria and Angola to serve West Africa, an office in United Arab Emirates to serve the Middle East, an office in Singapore to support sales to Asia, an office in Perth to serve customers in western Australia and an office near Shanghai to serve customers in China.
The company purchases products from a group of approximately 17,000 suppliers. Its major supplier is Eaton Corporation.
WESCO International, Inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WESCO INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WESCO INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WESCO INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WESCO INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WESCO INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. WESCO International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of WESCO International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of WESCO International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. WESCO International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. WESCO International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WESCO INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WESCO INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WESCO INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WESCO INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WESCO INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WESCO INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
WESCO International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
WESCO International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
WESCO International Inc. Major Shareholders
WESCO International Inc. History
WESCO International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
WESCO International Inc. Offices and Representations
WESCO International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
WESCO International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
WESCO International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
WESCO International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
WESCO International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
WESCO International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
WESCO International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
WESCO International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
WESCO International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
WESCO International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
WESCO International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
WESCO International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?