- The report contains detailed information about Lowe's Companies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Lowe's Companies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Lowe's Companies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Lowe's Companies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Lowe's Companies Inc. business.
About Lowe's Companies Inc.
Lowes Companies, Inc. operates as a home improvement retailer. As of January 29, 2010, the company operated 1,710 stores, comprised of 1,694 stores across 50 U.S. states and 16 stores in Canada. Its 1,710 stores represent approximately 193 million square feet of retail selling space.
Products and Services
The company offers a line of products for home decorating, maintenance, repair, remodeling, and property maintenance. It offers home improvement products in the following categories: appliances, paint, lumber, flooring, building materials, millwork, lawn & landscape products, hardware, fashion plumbing, tools, lighting, seasonal living, rough plumbing, nursery, outdoor power equipment, cabinets & countertops, rough electrical, home environment, home organization, and windows & walls. A typical Lowe's store stocks approximately 40,000 items. Its Special Order Sales product offerings provide customers the opportunity to select an assortment of product options beyond the items that it carries in stores through electronic product catalogs and Lowes.com.
National Brand Name Merchandise
Lowes store carries a selection of national brand name merchandise such as Whirlpool, Stainmaster, Valspar, and Pella. Its merchandise selection provides the DIY, DIFM and Commercial Business Customer a one-stop shop for a variety of national brand name merchandise needed to complete home improvement, repair, maintenance or construction projects.
The company also sells brands that cover several categories, including lighting, flooring, and tools. Brand names in the Lowes are Aquasource, Garden Treasures, Harbor Breeze, Kobalt, Portfolio, Reliabilt, Top-Choice, and Utilitech.
The company offers installation services through independent contractors in various product categories, with flooring, millwork and cabinets & countertops.
Commercial Business Customers
These programs focus on in-stock and special order merchandise, contractor packs, business credit, and other convenience services such as fast ordering and 7-day delivery. The company also offers a Quote Support Program which provides quotes to Commercial Business Customers for larger projects. It also has a web site for the customers, LowesForPros.com.
The company offers a proprietary credit card for retail customers. In addition, it offers a Lowes Project Card in all stores. The Lowes Project Card provides a major project, in-store financing solution to complement Lowes Consumer Revolving Credit Card.
The company also offers proprietary credit programs for Commercial Business Customers. They include a Lowes Business Account, which is used for small- to medium-size businesses and offers minimum monthly payments, and Lowes Accounts Receivable, which is used for medium- to large-size businesses that pay in full each month. The company also offers the Lowes Business Rewards Card from American Express, which is a business credit card with a rewards program that enables business owners to earn points on virtually all card purchases.
The company serves homeowners, renters, and commercial business customers. Homeowners and renters primarily consist of do-it-yourself (DIY) customers and do-it-for-me (DIFM) customers who utilize installed sales programs, as well as others buying for personal and family use. Commercial business customers include those who work in the construction, repair/remodel, commercial and residential property management, or business maintenance professions.
Lowes Companies, Inc. was founded in 1952.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LOWE'S COMPANIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LOWE'S COMPANIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LOWE'S COMPANIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LOWE'S COMPANIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LOWE'S COMPANIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Lowe's Companies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Lowe's Companies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Lowe's Companies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Lowe's Companies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Lowe's Companies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LOWE'S COMPANIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LOWE'S COMPANIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LOWE'S COMPANIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LOWE'S COMPANIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LOWE'S COMPANIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LOWE'S COMPANIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Lowe's Companies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Lowe's Companies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Lowe's Companies Inc. Major Shareholders
Lowe's Companies Inc. History
Lowe's Companies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Lowe's Companies Inc. Offices and Representations
Lowe's Companies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Lowe's Companies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Lowe's Companies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Lowe's Companies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Lowe's Companies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Lowe's Companies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Lowe's Companies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Lowe's Companies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Lowe's Companies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Lowe's Companies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Lowe's Companies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Lowe's Companies Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?