- The report contains detailed information about SUPERVALU Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SUPERVALU Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SUPERVALU Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SUPERVALU Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SUPERVALU Inc. business.
About SUPERVALU Inc.
SUPERVALU INC. operates as a grocery company in the United States. The company conducts its retail operations under various banners. Additionally, it provides supply chain services, primarily wholesale distribution, across the United States retail grocery channel.
The company operates in two segments, Retail Food and Supply Chain Services.
Retail Food Segment
The Retail Food Segment engages in the sale of groceries at retail locations operated by the company. As of February 27, 2010, it conducted its retail food operations through a total of 2,349 retail stores, including 855 licensed Save-A-Lot stores.
The company operates 1,161 traditional retail food stores under the Acme, Albertsons, Bristol Farms, Cub Foods, Farm Fresh, Hornbachers, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaws, Shop n Save, Shoppers Food & Pharmacy, and Star Market banners ranging in size from approximately 40,000 to 60,000 square feet. Its traditional retail food stores provide a grocery ((both perishable and nonperishable) offering and additional products, including, general merchandise, health and beauty care, pharmacy, and fuel.
The company owns 333 hard-discount food stores operating under the Save-A-Lot banner and licenses an additional 855 Save-A-Lot stores to independent operators. Save-A-Lot food stores typically are approximately 15,000 square feet in size, and stock primarily custom-branded high-volume food items generally in a single size for each product sold.
Supply Chain Services Segment
The Supply Chain Services Segment engages in wholesale distribution to independently-owned retail food stores, mass merchants and other customers, and logistics support services.
The companys supply chain services network spans 49 states and serves as primary grocery supplier to approximately 1,940 stores of independent retail customers, in addition to the companys own stores, as well as serving as secondary grocery supplier to approximately 550 stores of independent retail customers. The companys wholesale distribution customers include single and multiple grocery store independent operators, regional and national chains, mass merchants, and the military.
The company has a network of distribution centers utilizing a multi-tiered logistics system. The network includes facilities that carry slow turn or fast turn groceries, perishables, general merchandise, and health and beauty care products. In addition, the company provides certain facilitative services between its independent retailers and vendors related to products that are delivered directly by suppliers to retail stores under programs established by the company. These services include sourcing, invoicing, and payment services.
The company also offers third-party logistics solutions through its subsidiary, Total Logistics, Inc. and its Advantage Logistics operations. These operations provide customers with a suite of logistics services, including warehouse management, transportation, procurement, contract manufacturing and logistics engineering, and management services.
The companys private-label products are produced to its specification by various suppliers. Private-label products include the brand Culinary Circle; first tier brands, including Wild Harvest, Flavorite, Richfood, equaline, and HomeLife; and the value brand, Shoppers Value.
On September 15, 2010, Tata Consultancy Services Limited has entered into a multi-year agreement with Supervalu Inc. for a full service engagement.
SUPERVALU INC. was founded in 1871.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUPERVALU INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUPERVALU INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUPERVALU INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUPERVALU INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUPERVALU INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SUPERVALU Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SUPERVALU Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SUPERVALU Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SUPERVALU Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SUPERVALU Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SUPERVALU INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUPERVALU INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUPERVALU INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUPERVALU INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUPERVALU INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUPERVALU INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SUPERVALU Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SUPERVALU Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SUPERVALU Inc. Major Shareholders
SUPERVALU Inc. History
SUPERVALU Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SUPERVALU Inc. Offices and Representations
SUPERVALU Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SUPERVALU Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SUPERVALU Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SUPERVALU Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
SUPERVALU Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SUPERVALU Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SUPERVALU Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SUPERVALU Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SUPERVALU Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SUPERVALU Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SUPERVALU Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SUPERVALU Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?