- The report contains detailed information about Premier Farnell plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Premier Farnell plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Premier Farnell plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Premier Farnell plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Premier Farnell plc business.
About Premier Farnell plc
Premier Farnell plc, a multi-channel distribution group, markets and distributes electronic, electrical and industrial products to the design, maintenance, and repair sectors.
The company operates through two divisions: Marketing and Distribution Division and Industrial Products Division.
Marketing and Distribution Division
The Marketing and Distribution Division comprises five businesses which distribute a range of electronic components, equipment and maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) products. MDD Comprises: Newark, Farnell Europe and Asia Pacific, MCM and CPC. The businesses serve commercial, industrial and public sector markets in Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific. The division operates in the high service, time critical sector of the electronic components market, focused particularly on the needs of electronic design engineers (EDEs), small scale production units, purchasing professionals and maintenance and repair engineers globally. Its multi-channel approach offers data and information on products and services with a supplier line card and stock profile developed to meet customers needs. The division operates in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Newark: Newark is a multi-channel distributor of electronic components, eProcurement solutions and stockroom management services in the Americas. Its customers include electronic design engineers and maintenance repair technicians in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Brazil.
MCM: MCM distributes electronics and related equipment to service and repair professionals and technical hobbyists throughout the U.S.
MDD Europe and Asia Pacific (Farnell, CPC, Premier Electronics): Farnell markets and distributes electronic components, test and measurement equipment and MRO products to design engineers, purchasing professionals and maintenance technicians, with businesses in the U.K., mainland Europe and the Asia Pacific. CPC distributes electrical and electronic equipment and accessories.
Industrial Products Division
The Industrial Products Division comprises businesses supplying products to specialist industrial markets predominantly in North America. The division primarily comprises Akron Brass and TPC Wire & Cable.
Akron Brass: Akron Brass engages in the manufacture and sale of fire-fighting equipment for fire trucks manufacturers, public fire services and industrial facilities. Its products are designed to improve the safety of personnel and equipment engaged in the suppression of fire and also includes lighting and electrical control solutions. It sells through its own field sales force and through distributors to customers around the world.
TPC Wire & Cable: TPC is a distributor of electrical wire, cable and connectors designed for heavy duty or harsh industrial environments in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
In December 2008, the company acquired the assets and business of Microdis Electronics, its distributor in Poland, the Czech Republic and Hungary.
On October 13, 2009, Premier Farnell plc has signed a global franchise agreement with Exar Corporation. Under the agreement, Premier Farnell would stock a range of Exar's products, including transceivers and UARTs; power management ICs, LED drivers, LDO regulators, USBs; and communications products used in T/E Carrier and SONET/SDH applications, such as T1/E1 and T3/E3 framer combos, timing ICs, and transceivers.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PREMIER FARNELL PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PREMIER FARNELL PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PREMIER FARNELL PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PREMIER FARNELL PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PREMIER FARNELL PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Premier Farnell plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Premier Farnell plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Premier Farnell plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Premier Farnell plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Premier Farnell plc Industry Position Analysis
6. PREMIER FARNELL PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PREMIER FARNELL PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PREMIER FARNELL PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PREMIER FARNELL PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PREMIER FARNELL PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PREMIER FARNELL PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Premier Farnell plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Premier Farnell plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Premier Farnell plc Major Shareholders
Premier Farnell plc History
Premier Farnell plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Premier Farnell plc Offices and Representations
Premier Farnell plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Premier Farnell plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Premier Farnell plc Capital Market Snapshot
Premier Farnell plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
Premier Farnell plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Premier Farnell plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Premier Farnell plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Premier Farnell plc 1-year Stock Charts
Premier Farnell plc 5-year Stock Charts
Premier Farnell plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Premier Farnell plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Premier Farnell plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?