- The report contains detailed information about PetSmart, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for PetSmart, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The PetSmart, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes PetSmart, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of PetSmart, Inc. business.
About PetSmart, Inc.
PetSmart, Inc. is a provider of products, services, and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets in North America. As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 1,149 retail stores. It offers approximately 10,000 distinct items, including a selection of proprietary, or private label, brands across a range of product categories.
The company offers value-added pet services, such as grooming, training, boarding, and day camp. Its stores offer pet training services and feature pet styling salons that provide grooming services. As of January 31, 2010, the company offered pet boarding at 162 of its stores through PetSmart PetsHotels, or PetsHotels. As of January 31, 2010, there were full-service veterinary hospitals in 752 of its stores. Medical Management International, Inc., an operator of veterinary hospitals, operated 740 of the hospitals under the registered trade name of Banfield, The Pet Hospital. The remaining 12 hospitals are operated by other third parties in Canada.
PetPerks program enables to understand the needs of customers and target offers directly to them. The company also reaches customers through PetSmart.com, a pet e-commerce site, as well as pets.com, a pet community site.
Consumables: Consumables merchandise sales includes pet food, treats, and litter. The company emphasizes dog and cat foods, which are not available in supermarkets, warehouse clubs or other mass and general retail merchandisers, as well as private label foods. It also offers national brands found in supermarkets and warehouse clubs or other mass merchandisers, and pet stores.
Hardgoods: Hardgoods merchandise sales includes pet supplies and other goods. The companys assortment of pet supplies, including private label products, includes collars, leashes, health care supplies, grooming and beauty aids, toys and apparel, as well as pet beds and carriers. It also offers a line of supplies for fish, birds, reptiles and small pets. These products include aquariums and habitats, as well as accessories, décor and filters.
Pets: The companys stores feature fresh-water tropical fish, birds, reptiles and small pets.
Pet services include grooming, training, boarding and day camp. The company offers full-service grooming and training services in all of its stores. It offers full-service grooming, including precision cuts, baths, toenail trimming and grinding, and toothbrushing.
PetsHotels provide boarding for dogs and cats, which includes 24-hour supervision by caregivers who are PetSmart trained to provide personalized pet care, an on-call veterinarian, temperature controlled rooms and suites, daily specialty treats and play time, as well as day camp for dogs. As of January 31, 2010, the company operated 162 PetsHotels.
Full-service veterinary hospitals in 752 of the companys stores offer routine examinations and vaccinations, dental care, a pharmacy, and surgical procedures. As of January 31, 2010, Medical Management International, Inc. operated 740 of the hospitals under the registered trade name of Banfield, The Pet Hospital. Medical Management International, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MMI Holdings, Inc., collectively referred to as Banfield. The remaining 12 hospitals are located in Canada and are operated by other third parties.
PetSmart Charities and Adoptions
Through PetSmart Charities, Inc., an independent 501(c) (3) organization, the company supports the activities of animal welfare organizations in North America.
Petsmart, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PETSMART, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PETSMART, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PETSMART, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PETSMART, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PETSMART, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. PetSmart, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of PetSmart, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of PetSmart, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. PetSmart, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. PetSmart, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PETSMART, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PETSMART, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PETSMART, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PETSMART, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PETSMART, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PETSMART, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
PetSmart, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
PetSmart, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
PetSmart, Inc. Major Shareholders
PetSmart, Inc. History
PetSmart, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
PetSmart, Inc. Offices and Representations
PetSmart, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
PetSmart, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
PetSmart, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
PetSmart, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
PetSmart, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
PetSmart, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
PetSmart, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
PetSmart, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
PetSmart, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
PetSmart, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
PetSmart, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
PetSmart, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?